PDA

View Full Version : Paul Finebaum- "there's no way the NCAA will accept that"

Coach34
05-31-2016, 02:48 PM
Paul was asked about the self-imposed penalties OM is offering up. He was pretty emphatic with his answer and then referenced even more coming with Tunsil.

ScreenCaptureThis
05-31-2016, 03:42 PM
Barrett Sallee really does just spew nonsense. "Everything that took place with Laremy Tunsil was in the NCAA's hands. He was suspended and then reinstated. They have all of the information regarding Tunsil so this is essentially a non-issue."

I don't understand this line of thinking. OM accepted the fact that there are more details to come in the Tunsil case, which is why they wanted to hold out for the hearing with the COI until Tunsil trial over. How would ANYONE, biased or not, think that the 11 over 4 is a good punishment for 1 Level 1, let alone 4??

PassInterference
05-31-2016, 03:46 PM
Yes, the most damning stuff on Tunsil is what came out on draft night - weeks after Ole Miss had already filed their NOA response with the NCAA.

Do we know the NCAA approved Tunsil's reinstatement? I will not accept Ole Miss's word on that. Is it just a coincidence that Tunsil was reinstated right after the Memphis loss? Did they see the wheels falling off and re-instate him while hoping the NCAA would later agree with it?

djaymsu5
05-31-2016, 03:47 PM
Sallee is a freaking idiot. Everytime somebody calls him out for being wrong he tries to deny it and say he didn't say whatever it was he said. Every single time! He's wrong about as much as Skip Bayless.

Reason2succeed
05-31-2016, 03:50 PM
It's obvious that when guys are just taking up for the program. Finebaum is trying to play middle of the road but he knows their @$$ is grass.

Lloyd Christmas
05-31-2016, 03:59 PM
It's pretty obvious at this point that Sallee is playing Devil's Advocate on the NOA in hopes of a big payoff. He's hoping that he can say "I told you so" if all the other talking heads are proven wrong about the severity of the penalties.

Conversely, when Sallee ends up being wrong (like always) then he can just let his claims fade into obscurity like all the other stupid bullshit he has said over the years.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 04:01 PM
Yes, the most damning stuff on Tunsil is what came out on draft night - weeks after Ole Miss had already filed their NOA response with the NCAA.

Do we know the NCAA approved Tunsil's reinstatement? I will not accept Ole Miss's word on that. Is it just a coincidence that Tunsil was reinstated right after the Memphis loss? Did they see the wheels falling off and re-instate him while hoping the NCAA would later agree with it?

The most damning stuff is going to be if the NCAA interviewed Miller and Barney and have them on record saying they know nothing about any rules being broken. Lying to the NCAA is an automatic show clause. They have proved it time and again with Pearl and the USM coach. There is a reason they want to postpone everything.

StatesboroBlues
05-31-2016, 04:10 PM
The most damning stuff is going to be if the NCAA interviewed Miller and Barney and have them on record saying they know nothing about any rules being broken. Lying to the NCAA is an automatic show clause. They have proved it time and again with Pearl and the USM coach. There is a reason they want to postpone everything.

I have to believe that each and every member of the football staff was asked if there was anything else in regards to Tunsil. Having said that...even if Miller and Farrar were not directly asked it will be tough for them to keep their jobs. They had to ask Freeze and if he didn't do his due diligence that is his fault.

Directly lieing or not...this will hurt as long as the NCAA doesn't allow them to bs their way through draft night.

I seen it dawg
05-31-2016, 07:35 PM
They have completely stopped with the student assistance fund bullshit too. What's happened to that narrative?