PDA

View Full Version : Coach, Steve Robertson is giving you a run for your money

Lloyd Christmas
05-31-2016, 01:24 PM
in the battle for who can burrow deeper into the minds of UNM message board heroes. The Spirit is full of Steve Robertson right now. Some there are actually (finally) starting to question why Steve has been right about UNM's NOA more often than their own Spirit staff.

Of course these rational people immediately get shouted down by the rest of the flock. However, it looks like the mass delusion is now showing some cracks.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 01:36 PM
Robertson has done yeoman work on this topic and has caught a lot of hell from some low character losers.

The smart money lately has him somehow connected to a source within the UM Athletic Department or within the NCAA. It must be galling for Ole Miss fans to admit that he has been FAR more accurate about what was coming than any Ole Miss official, and it hasn't been close.

We need to support his efforts in whatever ways we can.

Jarius
05-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Steve doesn't have one source. He has a multitude of sources and he compares notes. If everyone is telling him something and he vets the information and it pans out, he uses the information. It's what journalists do. The state media has just been either a.) lazy or b.) compliant in a coverup. Probably a little bit of both depending on which media member you want to talk about. It's amazing how stupid the ole miss friendly media types are willing to look in order to put out their spin.

Dawgface
05-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Robertson has done yeoman work on this topic and has caught a lot of hell from some low character losers.

The smart money lately has him somehow connected to a source within the UM Athletic Department or within the NCAA. It must be galling for Ole Miss fans to admit that he has been FAR more accurate about what was coming than any Ole Miss official, and it hasn't been close.

I've never been a premium member of that board, but I'm almost ready to join(for a brief period) as a thank you.

Coach34
05-31-2016, 01:43 PM
Gotta give Rosey alot of credit. Elite has gotten some really good info over the last couple of years on all this- but Rosey is definitely #1. He has been completely plugged in and one step ahead of this mess at every turn.

Dolphus Raymond
05-31-2016, 01:44 PM
My guess is that someone in the NCAA is his source. Early on, I was a bit skeptical of many of Robertson's allegations pertaining to Ole Miss. Not now.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 01:45 PM
I've never been a premium member of that board, but I'm almost ready to join(for a brief period) as a thank you.

Me too. I may just Paypal him $50 bucks instead as a token of appreciation. He has done what not a single other "journalist" has done, and he's been dead on the money time after time.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 01:48 PM
Gotta give Rosey alot of credit. Elite has gotten some really good info over the last couple of years on all this- but Rosey is definitely #1. He has been completely plugged in and one step ahead of this mess at every turn.

It's no shame to be second to Robertson on this...he's made it his mission. EliteDawgs has done more than it's share to get the truth out.

AlSwearengen
05-31-2016, 01:53 PM
The thing that should worry olemiss fans is that Roberston fancies himself a "journalist" rather than a "propagandist" like Yancy. The fact that he defended DaVinner should also worry them because it is proof that he doesn't see himself as a "mouthpiece".

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 01:56 PM

Steve definitely has been pretty spot on related to all of this. Now one item that he is stating he doesn't put any stock in is the rumor about recruits getting burner phones and the NCAA getting their hands on some of them. Coach, are you still convinced the UNM burner phone issue with the NCAA is solid?

Technetium
05-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Steve definitely has been pretty spot on related to all of this. Now one item that he is stating he doesn't put any stock in is the rumor about recruits getting burner phones and the NCAA getting their hands on some of them. Coach, are you still convinced the UNM burner phone issue with the NCAA is solid?

RE: the burner phones: I was wondering the same thing after listening to the podcast. Given his accuracy thus far in this investigation, I'm disappointed that his source hasn't also mentioned those burner phones.

1bigdawg
05-31-2016, 02:03 PM
Steve doesn't have one source. He has a multitude of sources and he compares notes. If everyone is telling him something and he vets the information and it pans out, he uses the information. It's what journalists do. The state media has just been either a.) lazy or b.) compliant in a coverup. Probably a little bit of both depending on which media member you want to talk about. It's amazing how stupid the ole miss friendly media types are willing to look in order to put out their spin.

Steve said today on Boneyard that he tried to get every media source in the State to run with the story and that none of them would do it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-31-2016, 02:05 PM

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/wrks/media/mp3/05_31_2016-1464707773.mp3

16:00 minute mark

He tried to share the story with Sam Hall, but no response.

He said on Out of Bounds this morning that a lady's husband came to him with info and didn't want his wife being blamed for problems. The husband tried multiple other outlets than Rosebowl, but couldn't get any traction.

preachermatt83
05-31-2016, 02:13 PM
Many believe Rosebowl has an impeccable source that is within the NCAA.

msstate7
05-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Many believe Rosebowl has an impeccable source that is within the NCAA.

For some reason, I've thought all along that his source is a bama guy that's really plugged in. By leaking info thru a state guy, it keeps om from wanting to retaliate against bama. Always felt this investigation got started bc bama was tired of OM's shenanigans and turned them in

pdawg10msu
05-31-2016, 02:31 PM
Actually I think this is a great idea.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-31-2016, 02:32 PM
in the battle for who can burrow deeper into the minds of UNM message board heroes. The Spirit is full of Steve Robertson right now. Some there are actually (finally) starting to question why Steve has been right about UNM's NOA more often than their own Spirit staff.

Of course these rational people immediately get shouted down by the rest of the flock. However, it looks like the mass delusion is now showing some cracks.

I think Steve has held the title from the beginning....

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 02:33 PM
For some reason, I've thought all along that his source is a bama guy that's really plugged in. By leaking info thru a state guy, it keeps om from wanting to retaliate against bama. Always felt this investigation got started bc bama was tired of OM's shenanigans and turned them in

It was either Bama or Georgia, who expected Tunsil to sign, or Michigan, who wanted Treadwell. Anyone paying attention knows the NCAA does NOT do Mississippi State's bidding. (WE got in more trouble for turning Cam in than Auburn did for paying him.)

Coach34
05-31-2016, 02:34 PM

I can only go on what I'm told. As you see- we get some good stuff here- sometimes not so much. My guy passed it on to me. We'll see

PassInterference
05-31-2016, 02:49 PM

Truth.

Sixpack even tweeted a while back "At this rate, if Steve says we are going to the Rose Bowl, I would believe him." LOL

PassInterference
05-31-2016, 02:52 PM

The investigation is 4 years old. Four years ago, Bama didn't give two shits about Ole Miss.

BossDawg
05-31-2016, 04:23 PM
Steve said today on Boneyard that he tried to get every media source in the State to run with the story and that none of them would do it.

And that is so pathetic. If this happened to be about State or USM you can bet it would be daily news.

As far as Steve's source, I don't think we should be speculating on it very much, IMO. All it takes is a few people to run with a rumor and then the ship sinks. I wouldn't want any hot air floating around out there that has a chance of jeopardizing his relationship with whoever it is. Or maybe I'm just being too sensitive about it.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-31-2016, 07:38 PM
No, not too sensitive. I think you're right in this.

MrKotter
05-31-2016, 08:10 PM
As far as Steve's source, I don't think we should be speculating on it very much, IMO. All it takes is a few people to run with a rumor and then the ship sinks. I wouldn't want any hot air floating around out there that has a chance of jeopardizing his relationship with whoever it is. Or maybe I'm just being too sensitive about it.

Spot on. You know those stupid pieces of sh!t are doing their best to figure it and there's no need for us to help. Let those stupid mfers figure it out on their own. They'll probably finger the wrong guy like in Tunsilgate anyway