PDA

View Full Version : Our backcourt next season is still going to be among the most athletic we've ever had

Irondawg
05-31-2016, 11:53 AM
I have massive concners about our frontcourt and defensive abilities, but man are we going to be athletic at the guards.

We all know what Q can do and then here's a reminder of Peters and Wright. I'm really excited about Peters if he can cut some of the bad habits that won't fly at the college level. His video shows a good dose of court awareness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clgM0pWK-ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5LLEW_2Bf4

Tyson Carter to me looks like Barry "randy" Stewart 2.0. Needs to add some weight but nice stroke and quick release.

confucius say
05-31-2016, 11:56 AM
Which of the "freshmens" will be most ready day 1? May affect whether q plays the 2 or 3

Irondawg
05-31-2016, 12:15 PM
Wright's body is the most ready. Peters skill set is maybe the most ready with some tuning. That's are far as the guards go.

I expect it to be Ready, Wright, Q, Holman, Herard to start. Peters backing up ready and then honestly I have no clue at this point. Keglar might play a 3 and soem stretch 4.

Political Hack
05-31-2016, 12:17 PM
We're going to be good. I think Keg ends up splitting time at 4.

bhamdawgfan
05-31-2016, 12:20 PM
I have massive concners about our frontcourt and defensive abilities, but man are we going to be athletic at the guards.

We all know what Q can do and then here's a reminder of Peters and Wright. I'm really excited about Peters if he can cut some of the bad habits that won't fly at the college level. His video shows a good dose of court awareness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clgM0pWK-ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5LLEW_2Bf4

Tyson Carter to me looks like Barry "randy" Stewart 2.0. Needs to add some weight but nice stroke and quick release.

Might be more talented as freshmen, but there's no way in hell they'll have more pure athleticism than Zimmerman/Bowers/Frazier.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-31-2016, 12:22 PM
I am a little concerned that we did not land a single grad transfer. Not sure if they ended up just not being good enough or we struck out. Anyways...depth seems to be a concern.

shannondawg
05-31-2016, 12:24 PM
Don't we now have an available scholarship with Malik being gone?

fishwater99
05-31-2016, 12:48 PM
Wright's body is the most ready. Peters skill set is maybe the most ready with some tuning. That's are far as the guards go.

I expect it to be Ready, Wright, Q, Holman, Herard to start. Peters backing up ready and then honestly I have no clue at this point. Keglar might play a 3 and soem stretch 4.

Keglar might starts some at the 4.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2016, 12:51 PM
I am a little concerned that we did not land a single grad transfer. Not sure if they ended up just not being good enough or we struck out. Anyways...depth seems to be a concern.

I think we have depth we just don't have much experience. We have some talent it's just young.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Keglar might starts some at the 4.

Unless Mario loses 10-15lbs he's going to have to play the 4. No way at his current weight he can guard the 3 effectively.

Coackjek
05-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Might be more talented as freshmen, but there's no way in hell they'll have more pure athleticism than Zimmerman/Bowers/Frazier.

I was thinking the same. Man they were fun to watch. Just when you didn't think Z or Timmy could jump higher they would drive the lane and ram it. Give them two years and this group could really be special. I think we will be talking about them like we are the FF team.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-31-2016, 01:19 PM
I think we have depth we just don't have much experience. We have some talent it's just young.

Are there any other big names we will be going after in 2017 other than Weatherspoon and Brooks?

chef dixon
05-31-2016, 01:25 PM
You guys worry too much about who's going to play the two, three, four etc. College basketball is so versatile now, there are unorthodox ways to win and be successful

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2016, 01:36 PM
Are there any other big names we will be going after in 2017 other than Weatherspoon and Brooks?

I expect Keyshawn Feazell to be in that class as well.

http://247sports.com/Player/KeyShawn-Feazell-90423

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-31-2016, 02:10 PM
I expect Keyshawn Feazell to be in that class as well.

http://247sports.com/Player/KeyShawn-Feazell-90423

Oh ok...I remembered looking at him before but I assumed he was too low on the totem pole to be serious. I just looked at tweets about him and it seems like he is blowing up though.

Dawg61
05-31-2016, 11:33 PM
Zimmerman couldn't shoot for shit but he had Vince Carteresque hops. He was good for one ridiculous dunk a night. I was hoping Stapleton was going to be that guy this year.

Johnson85
06-01-2016, 09:34 AM

I think people are going to be disappointed next year. I think we are going to make a big jump after that, but us being good next year will require a lot out of the new guys, particularly the post players.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Williams got to the final four with six.

MarketingBully
06-01-2016, 09:53 AM
I think people are going to be disappointed next year. I think we are going to make a big jump after that, but us being good next year will require a lot out of the new guys, particularly the post players.

I think we will take our lumps early but will be a great team by year's end. We will have four four stars starting next year at all times and could have five four stars on the floor at the same time. When was the last time you could say that? Most likely never. I think an NIT type season is very doable especially with the jump we should have towards the end of the year.

Johnson85
06-01-2016, 10:59 AM
I think we will take our lumps early but will be a great team by year's end. We will have four four stars starting next year at all times and could have five four stars on the floor at the same time. When was the last time you could say that? Most likely never. I think an NIT type season is very doable especially with the jump we should have towards the end of the year.

I think NIT is doable depending on how ready the young post players are, but I'm thinking some people are going to be disappointed if we are not a bubble NCAA team.

maroonmania
06-01-2016, 11:13 AM
When is Stapleton expected to be back from injury? Is he a 2 or a 3?

Dawg61
06-01-2016, 11:46 AM
I think Datcher is going to be a pleasant suprise. He has great size down low. With Ware gone he is our biggest body on the team.

Irondawg
06-01-2016, 11:50 AM
I need to see more of Datcher - he's got size but his video didn't show me a lot. Competition level looked low.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-01-2016, 12:23 PM
When is Stapleton expected to be back from injury? Is he a 2 or a 3?

Expecting him back after Christmas

Dawg61
06-01-2016, 01:00 PM
I need to see more of Datcher - he's got size but his video didn't show me a lot. Competition level looked low.

He's a big dude that's going to get a lot of garbage putback points. His size will let the shot blockers hang back and swat away. Kegler has great size too.