PDA

View Full Version : SEC Network Regional Picks

Brando
05-31-2016, 11:04 AM
Watching SECN this morning they did picks for the Regionals. Kyle Peterson said Fullerton would come out of our regional. Said he believes we beat SEMO and then get knocked off by CSF due to them having too good of a pitching staff. Said they will have to beat Hudson on Sat and he thinks they do it 2-1. Glad to see they are giving us much hope****

He also said USCe will get knocked off and will not be surprised if NM gets knocked off by Tulane. Said NM had by far the toughest draw of any SEC school.

smootness
05-31-2016, 11:06 AM
I don't blame anyone for picking CSF to win a regional. They've done it a million times before.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 11:10 AM
Watching SECN this morning they did picks for the Regionals. Gabe Gross said Fullerton would come out of our regional. Said he believes we beat SEMO and then get knocked off by CSF due to them having too good of a pitching staff. Said they will have to beat Hudson on Sat and he thinks they do it 2-1. Glad to see they are giving us much hope****

He also said USCe will get knocked off and will not be surprised if NM gets knocked off by Tulane. Said NM had by far the toughest draw of any SEC school.

I've seen Fullerton play a few times this year and yeah their pitching staff stats pop. Guess what though, the level of play out west is extremely weak this year, as evidenced by no hosts out west and the records from those teams. Sure we could lay a big turd, but CSF wouldve finished in the bottom third of the SEC this year. They don't hit well and they will struggle mightily with Hudson. I say if we play them in game 2 we win 4-1 or 5-1 something along those lines. I'm extremely confident our team comes to play this weekend with no letdown.

Mjoelner34
05-31-2016, 11:15 AM
Wasn't Oregon supposed to have the best pitching staff in the nation until we spanked their ass and sent them into a season long tail spin?

Brando
05-31-2016, 11:18 AM
Wasn't Oregon supposed to have the best pitching staff in the nation until we spanked their ass and sent them into a season long tail spin?

We were not given a chance against Oregon. They were saying the same thing about them. There pitching is too good. They will win the games 1-0 or 2-1. And yes, we spanked that ass. I dont see CSF being any trouble for us. If we hit and pitch like the last couple wknds of the reg season, im not worried about anyone to be honest with you.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 11:18 AM

Exactly! I watched a ton of West Coast baseball on the PAC12 Network this year(cuz it was on late after everyone else was finished). They quality of play out West this year is not good at all. Look at the scores from the final day in PAC12(USC 31 Arizona State 9, Utah 21 Washington 7). It just wasnt a good year on the West Coast. Kinda like SEC basketball but without a Kentucky lol

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 11:22 AM
Watching SECN this morning they did picks for the Regionals. Gabe Gross said Fullerton would come out of our regional. Said he believes we beat SEMO and then get knocked off by CSF due to them having too good of a pitching staff. Said they will have to beat Hudson on Sat and he thinks they do it 2-1. Glad to see they are giving us much hope****

I'll be pretty surprised when all is said and done that we don't pitch Hudson against SEMO. Maybe we don't if SEMO doesn't pitch their #1.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Definitely possible that Fullerton shuts us down. Our offense is better than they are used to facing though. We have an OPS 100 points higher than any team in the Big West.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 11:25 AM
I'll be pretty surprised when all is said and done that we don't pitch Hudson against SEMO. Maybe we don't if SEMO doesn't pitch their #1.

SEMO ace maybe running on fumes. He threw 160 pitches last weekend(Friday and Sunday) and he's gonna be pitching in 90+ degree heat in the middle of the day. Gonna be interesting to see what he has in the tank, that is if they pitch him friday.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 11:28 AM
Definitely possible that Fullerton shuts us down. Our offense is better than they are used to facing though. We have an OPS 100 points higher than any team in the Big West.

It is possible, but they gotta score too and their offense is rather anemic and they faced some really bad pitching this year. They haven't faced many, if any, Hudsons or Sextons this year. I think Fullerton's getting a lot of credit based on their reputation and past not on what their team is this year.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 11:41 AM
If Hudson is on then there isn't a team in the country*we can't beat. Hudson is probably going to be a top 10 pick for a reason. I just hope tanking those last 2 games doesn't have a hangover affect going into the tournament.

smootness
05-31-2016, 11:48 AM
It is possible, but they gotta score too and their offense is rather anemic and they faced some really bad pitching this year. They haven't faced many, if any, Hudsons or Sextons this year. I think Fullerton's getting a lot of credit based on their reputation and past not on what their team is this year.

I definitely agree with you. I think we're going to win the regional with relative ease. Just saying that it doesn't surprise me when someone picks CSF to win.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 11:56 AM
I definitely agree with you. I think we're going to win the regional with relative ease. Just saying that it doesn't surprise me when someone picks CSF to win.

Yep, they have a great rep and a long history. Definitely have the respect of the college baseball world.

Irondawg
05-31-2016, 11:56 AM
We have to play clean in the field though. We have those games - particularly it seems with Hudson on the hill - where we just make too many errors in the infield.

confucius say
05-31-2016, 12:02 PM
I bet csf plays small ball. And our pitchers suck fielding bunts. Just a thought.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 12:04 PM
Chris Burke picked us to win our regional... the arrogant prickish Kyle Peterson seemed sure we wouldn't. He is wrong.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 12:09 PM
Sure anything could happen and like I said we could lay a big turd, but I believe the percentages of that happening are extremely low. I fully believe our players are on a mission and wont be denied.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 12:10 PM
Chris Burke picked us to win our regional... the arrogant prickish Kyle Peterson seemed sure we wouldn't. He is wrong.

Burke is and SEC guy and Peterson a West Coast guy, go figure lol

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 12:32 PM

My biggest concern coming out of the SEC tourney is the offense. We really didn't use the relief pitchers in that tournament that we will in the regional so that part I'm OK with but 8 runs in 3 games is not going to cut it. The offense needs to pick it up considerably from our showing in Hoover.

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 12:34 PM
We have to play clean in the field though. We have those games - particularly it seems with Hudson on the hill - where we just make too many errors in the infield.

Yes, I definitely hope our pitchers spend some time practicing the fielding of bunts this week.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2016, 12:44 PM
They have to pick someone not to win so they picked State. What they fail to see is Tulane beat LSU and will win that region.

basedog
05-31-2016, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't bet against La Tech in the first game. We shall see.

I seen it dawg
05-31-2016, 01:35 PM
Yeah they better worry about the other Bulldogs before thinking about us. We are gonna play Tech Saturday night.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 01:37 PM
CSF is gonna have their hands full with La Tech. They can swing it and have decent pitching, especially their #1. CSF doesnt score a bunch of runs and if Tech gets up on them they don't have the guns to come back.

MoreCowbell
05-31-2016, 02:19 PM

That was Kyle Peterson not Gabe Gross

Brando
05-31-2016, 02:42 PM
That was Kyle Peterson not Gabe Gross

Yea i was watching it again and caught that. I think someone else mentiomed it on here also
Ill edit it. Thanks.