PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze says any coach paying players would be gone but it wasn't in the NOA

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 08:36 AM
The article on the front page of ESPN, Hugh Freeze in complete spin mode. He must have forgot that the draft day stuff wouldn't have been in the NOA that they already had. So they haven't fired Miller or Barney due to the NCAA hasn't delivered the NOA on the Tunsil payments but amazing that Texas fired the coach immediately when they were notified. Something just doesn't add up. I guess UM and Freeze are still negotiating the pay off for Miller and Barney to take the fall and ruin their careers by being rogue administrative staff that did all this without any coaches knowing about it.

I guess they figure if anyone believes that families move to Oxford from $40k houses into $150k-$200k houses and have no employment then people should be dumb enough to believe Miller arranged the "set budgeted amounts" for Tunsil every month without any coaches knowledge.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 08:50 AM
Ha! They're seeking shelter in a cardboard box as the cat 5 hurricane bears down on them.

Boodawg
05-31-2016, 09:11 AM
OM is stupid for not firing them all now and saving face. Why do they want to keep HF so bad? Would he really be that great of a coach if not for buying players? They could probably fire all the coaching staff and get a lot of the penalties lowered to more minor penalties. Also, I think they could go get a coach that is just as good as freeze.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 09:23 AM
OM is stupid for not firing them all now and saving face. Why do they want to keep HF so bad? Would he really be that great of a coach if not for buying players? They could probably fire all the coaching staff and get a lot of the penalties lowered to more minor penalties. Also, I think they could go get a coach that is just as good as freeze.

Freeze is a good coach. You don't beat Bama no matter how much luck is involved unless you are a good coach. UM doesn't want to lose him because he is the person who set up their recruiting. They get someone else and it might be someone who isn't willing to "Go All In".

Liverpooldawg
05-31-2016, 09:56 AM
The reason they aren't firing coaches is because if they fired multiple coaches for multiple violations over a long period of time then that automatically implicates Freeze under the new rules. They can't argue he didn't know because under the new rule that doesn't matter. The only real way that the head coach can avoid it is by firing the offender immediately when the violations become known. Even then the head guy still has to answer now. For whatever reason they didn't do that.

I seen it dawg
05-31-2016, 12:13 PM
The people doing the firing are in it just like Freezus. They are in it together so they are sticking it out. Until it gets so hot they start saving themselves...

Reason2succeed
05-31-2016, 01:02 PM
OM is going down with the flagship on this one. The hey should have tossed Hugh overboard like Jonah but instead the u have decided to keep him and Bjork. The NCAA will be forced to crucify them.