PDA

View Full Version : Unimpressed with the NCAA Investigation

KB549
05-31-2016, 08:33 AM
Kind of long. Sorry in advance.

I'm really disappointed with the NCAA and the NOA. If this is the best investigative work the NCAA has to offer, they are either incompetent or Xenareb's mouth is one giant callus.

The track and field stuff and the WBB stuff is just plain dumb. This is their culture, though. They would cheat at ping pong if they could hang a banner. It makes me wonder if they thought it could help distract from the football infractions.

Saunders had rolled on them about the ACT stuff. No Matlock level investigative work there. They claim to have self reported some of the stuff. It really makes me wonder.....what exactly did the NCAA really do here. If Tunsil and step daddy Miller hadn't gotten in a fight, would we have learned about the loaner cars? We for sure wouldn't have gotten the $800 handshake and other things he disclosed. Where is allegations of improper relocation and housing for the family? New Mercedes for Daddy Nkimdashian? Paidwell's money and girls?

Maybe they have all of this and are planning to slam them for not reporting or admitting to it when they questioned them or submitted their response. But probably not. I'm guessing they have been bought and paid for just like the recruiting classes. Or they are completely incompetent. It's almost like they (NCAA) are complacent with the pay for play as long as it doesn't become public knowledge.

There have been plenty of rumors about interviews with recruits, boosters, etc. since the first NOA arrived. But at this point, I have to say that I am underwhelmed at the NOA. Don't get me wrong. 8 Level 1s in football alone is HUGE. But in reality, it should have been more like 48. I believe if I had 3 years to devote to full time investigation on them, I could turn up some major violations. It's not rocket science. The NCAA should have been staking out the 3 top positional players from the 2013 class and watched what cars they were driving every month. I'm betting this wasn't isolated to two guys. That's for starters. If I'm the NCAA, I'm following every major recruit from places that don't make sense (California, Illinois, Texas, etc) on his official visit.

Lastly, lets don't forget about the interview step daddy Miller had with the Miami newspaper. Will the NCAA add those revelations to the amended (or 2nd NOA)? Western Union, grade fixing, etc? Ol' Barney, the bagman is still employed. Going down with the ship.

Dawgology
05-31-2016, 10:46 AM

I'm really disappointed with the NCAA and the NOA. If this is the best investigative work the NCAA has to offer, they are either incompetent or Xenareb's mouth is one giant callus.

The track and field stuff and the WBB stuff is just plain dumb. This is their culture, though. They would cheat at ping pong if they could hang a banner. It makes me wonder if they thought it could help distract from the football infractions.

Saunders had rolled on them about the ACT stuff. No Matlock level investigative work there. They claim to have self reported some of the stuff. It really makes me wonder.....what exactly did the NCAA really do here. If Tunsil and step daddy Miller hadn't gotten in a fight, would we have learned about the loaner cars? We for sure wouldn't have gotten the $800 handshake and other things he disclosed. Where is allegations of improper relocation and housing for the family? New Mercedes for Daddy Nkimdashian? Paidwell's money and girls?

Maybe they have all of this and are planning to slam them for not reporting or admitting to it when they questioned them or submitted their response. But probably not. I'm guessing they have been bought and paid for just like the recruiting classes. Or they are completely incompetent. It's almost like they (NCAA) are complacent with the pay for play as long as it doesn't become public knowledge.

There have been plenty of rumors about interviews with recruits, boosters, etc. since the first NOA arrived. But at this point, I have to say that I am underwhelmed at the NOA. Don't get me wrong. 8 Level 1s in football alone is HUGE. But in reality, it should have been more like 48. I believe if I had 3 years to devote to full time investigation on them, I could turn up some major violations. It's not rocket science. The NCAA should have been staking out the 3 top positional players from the 2013 class and watched what cars they were driving every month. I'm betting this wasn't isolated to two guys. That's for starters. If I'm the NCAA, I'm following every major recruit from places that don't make sense (California, Illinois, Texas, etc) on his official visit.

Lastly, lets don't forget about the interview step daddy Miller had with the Miami newspaper. Will the NCAA add those revelations to the amended (or 2nd NOA)? Western Union, grade fixing, etc? Ol' Barney, the bagman is still employed. Going down with the ship.

You need to realize that this is all stuff that happened over a year ago and they are JUST now releasing an NOA on it. The revelations from the past year are still being investigated and won't be released in yet another NOA until probably next year sometime. There is still a looooooong path until this is all complete. This is simply round 1.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Listen to Rosebowl's Boneyard. This ain't over by a looong shot. Round two is going to get ugly.

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 11:43 AM

Yes, the NCAA investigative process is relatively ineffective which is why you seldom see much come out of investigations where the school is generally uncooperative or misleading. We got hit for the Redmond situation primarily because we provided most of the damning evidence to the NCAA. If you think about it, only maybe a handful of schools have suffered any type of probation over the past 10 years due to recruiting violations. Most all schools who have gotten in trouble have been about amateurism issues and current players getting something they shouldn't. Will be interesting to see how hard UNM gets hit with penalties and whether its solely based on what's in the NOA or if they get hammered because the NCAA knows how deep the cheating goes but they don't have the hard evidence to prove it.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 11:44 AM
The NCAA is going to build a case to get done what they want done. It doesn't need to be exhaustive, just sufficient.

When all is said and done, Ole Miss will at the very least be tarnished and incapable of continuing to recruit as they have been.

Political Hack
05-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Guys, they caught a coach paying a player during the middle of an NCAA investigation into said player.

They are 17'd. Period.