PDA

View Full Version : Low and Barnhart carrying water this morning

BrunswickDawg
05-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Barnhart http://gridironnow.com/hugh-freeze-sec-spring-meetings/

Low - http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15848953/ole-miss-rebels-coach-hugh-freeze-accepts-responsibility-program-troubles-denies-knowingly-violating-rules

The "we didn't cheat on purpose" BS is some USDA Choice Landshart BS.

Low didn't surprise me, but I thought Barnhart was better than this.

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 08:37 AM
Barnhart http://gridironnow.com/hugh-freeze-sec-spring-meetings/

Low - http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15848953/ole-miss-rebels-coach-hugh-freeze-accepts-responsibility-program-troubles-denies-knowingly-violating-rules

The "we didn't cheat on purpose" BS is some USDA Choice Landshart BS.

Low didn't surprise me, but I thought Barnhart was better than this.

Backs up my post below. The new talking point.

Nobody thinks coaches handed out cash. But we all know they directed recruits to boosters and vice versa.

And no way Kiffin and Harris made "Innocent" mistakes. They damn well knew what they were doing gave them a definite edge with those recruits.

And Hugh knew damn well that booster should not have been with him, Freeze, and recruits on 2 different occasions.

dawggoneit
05-31-2016, 08:41 AM
I guess he's going for the I won't cheat but I'll lie my ass off defense.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 08:45 AM
I love the part where Freeze said his wife asked him what to pray for the end game to be in all this lol. How about praying that your husband tell the truth?

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 08:50 AM
HaHaHa!

I'm sure this is what you are praying for...

“My wife (Jill) just asked me, ‘Hugh, what should I pray that you want the end game to be?’ he said. “I said that they (the NCAA) accept the penalties that we self-imposed. I wish somebody would say, ‘Look, they’ve (NCAA) been there four years and the staff is not buying players.’ ”

CadaverDawg
05-31-2016, 08:55 AM
HaHaHa!

“My wife (Jill) just asked me, ‘Hugh, what should I pray that you want the end game to be?’ he said. “I said that they (the NCAA) accept the penalties that we self-imposed. I wish somebody would say, ‘Look, they’ve (NCAA) been there four years and the staff is not buying players.’ ”

Was just about to post this. Disgusting....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjycuFBWkAAu1Nx?format=jpg&name=large

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 08:56 AM
HaHaHa!

I love his phrasing there. I want to see him come out and say "I swear on Jesus's holy name that I don't know anything about recruits getting impermissible benefits under my watch". It would be fun to see him struck down by lightning.

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 09:07 AM
I love his phrasing there. I want to see him come out and say "I swear on Jesus's holy name that I don't know anything about recruits getting impermissible benefits under my watch". It would be fun to see him struck down by lightning.

Notice "the staff" is used. Not OM. Gonna blame it all on boosters and "rouge" former staff. Who weren't so "Rouge" back then but eligibility "gurus" and Barksdale Reading "innovators"

Thompson92
05-31-2016, 09:10 AM
"I told my wife to ask the Creator of the universe to spare my football program from the punishment it deserves."
I haven't thought too much about the faux Christianity thing they like to promote, but stuff like that gives off creepy televangelist vibes.

SignalToNoise
05-31-2016, 09:21 AM
Freeze is such a beta *****. I fully expect him to break down crying in public over this: "WHY WON'T YOU JUST BELIEVE MEEE?!?!" tears streaming down his face and everything.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Freeze cheated to get his first college job. Getting Oher qualified and down to Oxford earned him a spot on Orgeron's staff.

I first posted this on SPS back on Feb. 7, 2013.

Nice excerpt

"Last year, Mississippi football coach Ed Orgeron signed star offensive lineman Michael Oher from Briarcrest Christian in Memphis. Twenty days later, Oher's high school coach, Hugh Freeze, was named Ole Miss' assistant athletic director for external affairs.

The NCAA later found that Freeze committed secondary violations by calling Memphis area recruits when he was not a member of Orgeron's coaching staff. Freeze is now the Rebels' tight ends coach.

"The real issue is whether or not it's an ethical problem as opposed to just true complications," Rivals.com's Burton said."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/news/story?id=2586464

Political Hack
05-31-2016, 09:30 AM
Freeze cheated to get his first college job. Getting Oher qualified and down to Oxford earned him a spot on Orgeron's staff.

I first posted this on SPS back on Feb. 7, 2013.

Nice excerpt

"Last year, Mississippi football coach Ed Orgeron signed star offensive lineman Michael Oher from Briarcrest Christian in Memphis. Twenty days later, Oher's high school coach, Hugh Freeze, was named Ole Miss' assistant athletic director for external affairs.

The NCAA later found that Freeze committed secondary violations by calling Memphis area recruits when he was not a member of Orgeron's coaching staff. Freeze is now the Rebels' tight ends coach.

"The real issue is whether or not it's an ethical problem as opposed to just true complications," Rivals.com's Burton said."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/news/story?id=2586464

He was cheating before he was even hired. What the hell did they expect?

West Houston Dog
05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
Coach Hugh Fraud

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 09:46 AM
I like what Robertson said on his podcast yesterday and that is that its pretty easy to be a good recruiter when there is one set of rules for you and your staff and a different set of rules for everyone else. And that drives the point home that I've been saying in that if OM doesn't get hammered then I'm 100% for throwing out the NCAA rulebook altogether. If you just make it a free for all then essentially everyone would have the same opportunity to get recruits which is not the case now where you have some trying to follow the rules and some fully ignoring the rules.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 09:58 AM
Hugh Freeze was hired to cheat by a bunch of bourbon soaked trial lawyers and assorted aging money men who wanted a return to their glory days.

Dickie Scruggs and a constellation of lesser criminal minds thought they could buy their way back to 1963. It started with Orgeron and continued with Nutt and on through Freeze.

Things accelerated when they lost three Egg Bowls in a row. They used the Chizik example and went all out with the by-any-means-necessary approach.

Buy naive players and their parents, whore out your daughters, wink at the drug use... keep the cars and the cash and the jobs and the houses coming and sit back and enjoy.

Ole Miss is in this up to their eyeballs. The corruption is systematic. If the NCAA has any value at all, they will slam that program against the wall and dare them to complain.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Chris Low is the lead palace eunuch in the Ole Miss media claque. He should be publicly jeered at and humiliated at every opportuity. Dittoo for Aschoff, Godfrey, Kellenburger, Pauling and others..

tireddawg
05-31-2016, 10:21 AM
SMDH..Really Hugh? Man this guy's got some mental issues. I think he really believes what he's saying.
How about praying that GOD's will be done...