PDA

View Full Version : I Let The Smoke Clear Some Before Posting About OM

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 07:59 AM
My take on the NOA and Response?

Just like I heard last week from a big time OM guy, and when I say big, Archie is probably bigger, but not many others who haven't served time for bribing judges.

He was dead on accurate.

Mission number 1, at all costs, save Freeze.

Now whether this happens or not remains to be seen, but that was OM's #1 priority. And their response is totally geared towards that.

I was also told boosters would take the fall for the glory of Hugh and OM.

The guy in Memphis is proof of that move happening. I'll show why in a bit.

OM's response doesn't have many denials or outright innocent pleas, except one... the Nix allegation.

Why that one? Because if true, Nix has to be fired.

They are trying like hell to get the Kiffin allegation reduced to a level 3. Because if they don't, Kiffin will probably have to be fired.

The Booster in Memphis, out of his own mouth, says he is going public to "save" OM TE coach Harris. Harris has to be "saved' or he gets the axe too.

(This same booster was at an in home visit when Freeze was there. In a foot note on this allegation, OM claims Freeze told Harris the guy couldn't be there, yet he was, and Hugh interacted with him. That's either a blatant violation, or it is a confusingly written footnote. This booster also was at a recruit breakfast at Hugh's house. No way anyone can say Freeze wasn't directly named or personally didn't commit a violation)

If Freeze has 3 staff members fired, he may not can be saved himself, with the new HC responsibility rules.

So those guys have to be saved to save Hugh.

They still have the headache of the Tunsil texts. That was the game changer, and brings 2 more staffers into the mix. I'd love to see how much the response was altered after draft night.

So right now, as to be expected, Ole Miss is willing to do a lot to save Freeze, like I was told, such as boosters taking the fall and fighting like hell to win the Nix allegation and get Kiffin's and Harris's reduced.

I find it very vindicating that EVERYONE not an OM fan knew they cheated to get Tunsil. EVERYONE not an OM fan knew the ED center was corrupt and an OM recruiting center. EVERYONE but an OM fan also knew they were amazingly getting people in school that nobody else could.

The NOA proves what EVERYONE knew.

However, I find it extremely frustrating that EVERYONE knows they bought Treadwell, CJ Johnson, Tee Shepard, and Little this year. And EVERYONE knows they have gotten other kids in school recently that nobody else could. And EVERYONE knows this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yet none of that is in the NOA. But EVERYONE knows it happened, because when EVERYONE except OM, The Culture of Corruption, ever knows something ain't kosher...... it ain't ever kosher.

EVERYONE has been proven right, and if a bright enough light had been or will be shined on the other stuff EVERYONE knows, I have no doubt it would be proven too.

EDITED TO ADD.... Freeze trots out the talking point backing my post up.......http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15848953/ole-miss-rebels-coach-hugh-freeze-accepts-responsibility-program-troubles-denies-knowingly-violating-rules

Hey Hugh, EVERYONE thinks this is bullshit too.

Martianlander
05-31-2016, 08:10 AM
Good post. I believe some of what you mentioned that is not in the 1st NOI will be in the second. Have to wait to see exactly how much.

Mjoelner34
05-31-2016, 08:36 AM
Great post and good line.

If Freeze has 3 staff members fired, he may not can be saved himself, with the new HC responsibility rules. So those guys have to be saved to save Hugh.

I hadn't thought about it like that before. By having to put out fires caused by numerous coaches, they can't just concentrate on going all-in to save Freezus. With this thing spider-webbing out like it is, there's invariably going to be loose ends that don't get tied up. Its just going to be up to the NCAA to find them.

SDDawg
05-31-2016, 08:39 AM
Freeze is done. They MIGHT get another season out of him, maybe. Problem is that coffers are closing/drying up and the boys aren't gonna be too happy about playing for free this fall, so I'd guess that some of the effort won't be there like it was. Especially for the kids that just made their deals and are now having to pay their own light bills.

Freeze gone. Period, can't be saved.

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 08:45 AM
Freeze is done. They MIGHT get another season out of him, maybe. Problem is that coffers are closing/drying up and the boys aren't gonna be too happy about playing for free this fall, so I'd guess that some of the effort won't be there like it was. Especially for the kids that just made their deals and are now having to pay their own light bills.

Freeze gone. Period, can't be saved.

If they get the Nix allegation thrown out, and the other 2 reduced to a level 3, in this NOA, he skates easy.

They are doing the same for the Tunsil texts. They have to make that become something it's not.

If they can do that, ole Hugh is fine.

Dawgfan77
05-31-2016, 08:46 AM
What you and your source are failing to understand is this. The letter on Friday was vague and incorrect. Secondly which no OM fans or media is talking about is the fact the investigation is STILL in going. They are fighting for Frezzus but the NCAA is trying to hammer him.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 08:47 AM
Maybe the fact that I am an accountant shades my view but I don't see how the NCAA couldn't at least create issues of eligibility on those guys getting bought. The NCAA can demand bank records and basically do an audit. It is simple to look at what job they had before getting recruited and how much money they have coming in and how much money they are spending. Unless someone is going into credit card debt then the recruit's parents would have to prove where the money was coming from or they lose eligibility. It is the same thing that happened to Renardo Sidney. If someone is a janitor but making $40k per year then that doesn't pass the smell test especially if the business is owned by a UM grad. This shit isn't complicated. If a church is paying someone's bills then you ask the church to show how many other people's bills are being payed or whoever now doesn't have the ability to play.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 08:51 AM
What you and your source are failing to understand is this. The letter on Friday was vague and incorrect. Secondly which no OM fans or media is talking about is the fact the investigation is STILL in going. They are fighting for Frezzus but the NCAA is trying to hammer him.

Also the next NOA or addendum whatever it is, this is basically repeat offender status or worse. Tunsil's "set up payment plan" was going on while they were under investigation. If you are out on bail for theft and you commit armed robbery then the punishment is a lot worse.

Boodawg
05-31-2016, 08:54 AM
Shouldn't the players who's ACT scores were changed be ineligible to play until passing ACT on their own?

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 08:56 AM

Uh, I mentioned the investigation was ongoing. And my source damn well knows what's going on. He called it right. And the their task, no matter how many or long an investigation, is to save Freeze.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 08:57 AM
Also the next NOA or addendum whatever it is, this is basically repeat offender status or worse. Tunsil's "set up payment plan" was going on while they were under investigation. If you are out on bail for theft and you commit armed robbery then the punishment is a lot worse.

I see the two separate NOA/addendum as a double tap. The first one was the chest/heart shot (not necessarily a kill shot). The second one is the head shot (it's the fatal one).

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 09:00 AM
Maybe the fact that I am an accountant shades my view but I don't see how the NCAA couldn't at least create issues of eligibility on those guys getting bought. The NCAA can demand bank records and basically do an audit. It is simple to look at what job they had before getting recruited and how much money they have coming in and how much money they are spending. Unless someone is going into credit card debt then the recruit's parents would have to prove where the money was coming from or they lose eligibility. It is the same thing that happened to Renardo Sidney. If someone is a janitor but making $40k per year then that doesn't pass the smell test especially if the business is owned by a UM grad. This shit isn't complicated. If a church is paying someone's bills then you ask the church to show how many other people's bills are being payed or whoever now doesn't have the ability to play.

There are a lot of prepaid credit cards and gift cards being tossed around. In fact I wrote about this back awhile ago. Damn near untraceable.

Notice in the NOA Miller was using a Wal Mart card account. Noway that's found out unless he talks. That's why the cash wasn't put in a bank.

For example, If I hand a $2,500 prepaid credit card to a player, and he buys gas, food, trips whatever with it, it can't be traced to the source unless somebody talks. The NCAA ain't gonna find that in a normal investigation.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 09:17 AM
There are a lot of prepaid credit cards and gift cards being tossed around. In fact I wrote about this back awhile ago. Damn near untraceable.

Notice in the NOA Miller was using a Wal Mart card account. Noway that's found out unless he talks. That's why the cash wasn't put in a bank.

For example, If I hand a $2,500 prepaid credit card to a player, and he buys gas, food, trips whatever with it, it can't be traced to the source unless somebody talks. The NCAA ain't gonna find that in a normal investigation.

I don't know these investigators backgrounds but you would look at bank statements for multiple years. If you were spending roughly $500 a month in gas and food and then all of the sudden there isn't any expenditures out of the bank then they would have to prove where the money is coming from. If Tunsil was wearing a Rolex then where did you get the money to buy that. It would be harder to trace if it is given in eating out at restaurants or something like that but basic expenditures should be relatively easy if you have bank statements which the NCAA can require. The NCAA can go under the guilty until proven innocent.

If Greg Little's parents move to Oxford then I would basically audit them until I knew if they picked up a quarter on the sidewalk where it came from. I don't know what kind of man power the NCAA has though.

HSVDawg
05-31-2016, 09:18 AM
What I don't get is why all assistants haven't already been fired. And they aren't even permanently disassociating the guilty boosters either. Only doing it for 3 years. We fired Glenn Davis for floating some money to a prospect for summer school courses. We fired Mirando because he knew about some improper benefits and didn't report them. Yet you have 3 coaches named in a letter of allegations who all acted in equal or much worse fashion, and all still have their jobs? It's ridiculous. Personally I don't see any way the NCAA doesn't take them down a peg. And I'm sure there will be punishment as well for what they know happened, but can't prove. There always is.

Gundawg
05-31-2016, 09:22 AM

Almost started another thread for this question. What is Freeze's value to UNM? Those with info say they are trying to save Freeze at all costs. Is it a simple fear of him ratting them out? It seems most coaches there could do that to some extent. What makes this guy so valuable? People are seeing through his fake holiness. Is it because they are "all in" with him? We already know that. I have not seen anyone address this directly.

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 09:27 AM

Exactly, if a family gets moved into Oxford (like Tunsil's family) and is living in a place significantly above the level they were living before, seems the NCAA would require some evidence of how they are legitimately paying for that housing OR it would be assumed by the NCAA that illegal benefits were being provided (just like in the Sidney case). And also, it is frustrating when there are so many additional players we all know of that were obviously bought by UNM but yet there is nothing about them in the NOA. All I can hope is that either a. the NOA was restricted to things that could 100% be proven and the penalties will be more in line with what the NCAA believes they did OR b. additional things on some of the other guys will show up in the follow up letter. Personally I believe it will be more of the a. because there has been plenty of time that has passed with a lengthy investigation such that if anything was going to be in an NOA about guys like CJ Johnson or Treadwell seems it would already be in there.

BrunswickDawg
05-31-2016, 09:29 AM
Almost started another thread for this question. What is Freeze's value to UNM? Those with info say they are trying to save Freeze at all costs. Is it a simple fear of him ratting them out? It seems most coaches there could do that to some extent. What makes this guy so valuable? People are seeing through his fake holiness. Is it because they are "all in" with him? We already know that. I have not seen anyone address this directly.

If they save Freeze, they save the Network from having to rebuild or completely go off grid for a while. No way he rats it out. If Freeze goes down there will be tremendous pressure to make an "outside hire" to clean up the program. They know they have a "Croom/Ray level" hire coming and are selling out to keep that from happening.

Mjoelner34

I think its because he is a facilitator and they know if they lose him, it'll be a big stain on them and will make it that much harder to find a new one.

Spiderman
I don't know these investigators backgrounds but you would look at bank statements for multiple years. If you were spending roughly $500 a month in gas and food and then all of the sudden there isn't any expenditures out of the bank then they would have to prove where the money is coming from. If Tunsil was wearing a Rolex then where did you get the money to buy that. It would be harder to trace if it is given in eating out at restaurants or something like that but basic expenditures should be relatively easy if you have bank statements which the NCAA can require. The NCAA can go under the guilty until proven innocent.

If Greg Little's parents move to Oxford then I would basically audit them until I knew if they picked up a quarter on the sidewalk where it came from. I don't know what kind of man power the NCAA has though.

I agree on hard possessions, but how will the NCAA know you are buying gas, beer, food, hotell rooms on trips, bar bills etc. with a prepaid unless you or whoever gave it to you talks?

These guys already get rent and food money legally, so they don't look into that type stuff, and even if they did, unless there is a fridge full of filet mingon and lobsters, what can the have for evidence?.

Very easy to order of Amazon, Ebay or whatever with a prepaid or gift card and either sell it for cash or for momma or girlfriend.

OM has been doing this a long time, and they are pretty good at it. Had Miller not talked, the ACT stuff would basically be the only thing in the NOA. And that wouldn't have been known if not for a slip up at ULL

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 09:32 AM

I think it is hard to find a coach at that level that will be willing to completely turn a blind eye and risk their career. You have to get someone like Freeze who wasn't a big name or Chizik who had crashed and burned badly. Jackie lived in the grey areas so we have done it also to an extent. Jackie just put us on level ground with everyone else where Freeze and Chizik went above and beyond.

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 09:32 AM

For the only reason anybody tries to save a coach.... he's winning.

After back to back Cotton Bowls in 09, OM would have fought like hell to keep Nutt.

They hate the guy now, but then would have killed for him, because he was winning.

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 09:35 AM

I believe they want to save Freeze because he is an above average football coach who has posted winning seasons and is liked by the media and does a great job putting on the old "aw shucks" Christian face to a school with a culture of corruption in the recruiting game, much of which has been continued if not fostered by Mr. Freeze himself. And, no doubt, even without the cheating part Freeze and staff live and breathe recruiting 24/7. UNM fans eat that crap up because most of them eat and breathe recruiting rankings as much or more than they do results during the actual football season.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
I agree on hard possessions, but how will the NCAA know you are buying gas, beer, food, hotell rooms on trips, bar bills etc. with a prepaid unless you or whoever gave it to you talks?

These guys already get rent and food money legally, so they don't look into that type stuff, and even if they did, unless there is a fridge full of filet mingon and lobsters, what can the have for evidence?.

Very easy to order of Amazon, Ebay or whatever with a prepaid or gift card and either sell it for cash or for momma or girlfriend.

OM has been doing this a long time, and they are pretty good at it. Had Miller not talked, the ACT stuff would basically be the only thing in the NOA. And that wouldn't have been known if not for a slip up at ULL

You look at expenditures before they were being recruited. Cashflow in = Cashflow out + savings + debt. If they were making $3,000 per month and spending $1500 on food and shelter for the several years prior to enrolling at UM then any change would have to be explained. If you go to their house and they have a 4k 70 inch flat screen tv with XboxOne and you look through their bank statements and credit card bills and don't see that expenditure then they have to prove where the money came from. It would be harder if they are eating out every meal but then that would reflect in the amount of money spent in groceries dropping. It would also be harder if you don't see the assets they are buying with cash or gift cards. It would be about the patterns prior to being recruited.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
Freeze is the face of om football. He was propped up as a good, Christian man and a good football coach. If Freeze goes down in flames so does the image of om football. It will be a grievous wound that will take many years to get over.

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 09:43 AM
You look at expenditures before they were being recruited. Cashflow in = Cashflow out + savings + debt. If they were making $3,000 per month and spending $1500 on food and shelter for the several years prior to enrolling at UM then any change would have to be explained. If you go to their house and they have a 4k 70 inch flat screen tv with XboxOne and you look through their bank statements and credit card bills and don't see that expenditure then they have to prove where the money came from. It would be harder if they are eating out every meal but then that would reflect in the amount of money spent in groceries dropping. It would also be harder if you don't see the assets they are buying with cash or gift cards. It would be about the patterns prior to being recruited.

Ha! This ain't the FBI serving search warrants. They ain't going in the players houses and apartments. Hell, they aren't even walking around the parking lot at the practice facility.

Coach34
05-31-2016, 09:50 AM
Freezus works hand in hand with The Network. Few coaches would the way he does. They know without someone like him- it will be impossible to get enough talent to challenge for the West in Grenada Without The Lake. They have had their Cutcliffe/Mullen and werent satisfied- they want more

fishwater99
05-31-2016, 09:53 AM
If they save Freeze, they save the Network from having to rebuild or completely go off grid for a while. No way he rats it out. If Freeze goes down there will be tremendous pressure to make an "outside hire" to clean up the program. They know they have a "Croom/Ray level" hire coming and are selling out to keep that from happening.

This is it.. The Whole school is corrupt from the Chancellor on down. Unless the NCAA stops them no one will.

Really Clark?
05-31-2016, 10:15 AM

Agree with a lot you are saying but the ACT fraud was not found at ULL first. It was discovered during the UNM investigation and that is what popped ULL since Saunders was there doing the same type of stuff. The first interview at ULL was with ULL administration, NCAA investigators and UNM council present.

Coackjek
05-31-2016, 10:25 AM

I was thinking along those lines to, but also if there is a drop in expenditures for their household. Say they are spending $500 in gas a month, then all of a sudden they are now spending $200 in gas. Then their grocery bill drops from $750 to $250. This could be explained away such as their kid moving out. But what about missing payments on utilities, car notes or house notes from the bank account when there hasn't been a decline on the income? If there was outside help, i.e. Church, there should be records for that, I know that as a fact in all the churches I've worked for over they years. We had to keep those records for audits. What if you conduct an interview and they roll up in an escalade but no payments are showing in their accounts? Of course this is given that they have turned all that info over.

BayouDawg
05-31-2016, 10:27 AM
What happens if UNM starts 1-3 this season and the season starts goin in the tank? Do they still try to save freeze? Or do they turn on him and throw him to the wolves?

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 10:28 AM
It is suddenly clear why the only recent Ole Miss coach with integrity was shown the door. Cutcliff wasn't interested in what the money boys wanted, and they replaced him with the Orgeron.

Bucky Dog
05-31-2016, 10:35 AM
Here's my additional thoughts:

First off, even the OM fans KNOW they cheated, the ED center is corrupt, and they have bought and paid for these high profile recruits.

Even if they get the charges on assistant coaches reduced, they have the Tunsil texts, and the only way around that is if Barney resigns or they fire him. Problem is Barney has already been asked to resign and he said to anyone that listens that he is taking Freeze down with him as well. He has cash transaction and phone records with him. Now that's not to say, he can't be paid a handsome sum to shut his mouth, but that does make him unemployable down the road.

Everyone must remember that the NCAA doesn't have to prove everything. We all know they bought Treadwell and many others, but the NCAA doesn't need to spend all of their money investigating each case. They don't have to prove everything like a court of law. If they feel there is widespread corruption and have proof on a few things like Tunsil, they will hammer them for all of the others, because they can!!

fishwater99
05-31-2016, 10:39 AM

First off, even the OM fans KNOW they cheated, the ED center is corrupt, and they have bought and paid for these high profile recruits.

Even if they get the charges on assistant coaches reduced, they have the Tunsil texts, and the only way around that is if Barney resigns or they fire him. Problem is Barney has already been asked to resign and he said to anyone that listens that he is taking Freeze down with him as well. He has cash transaction and phone records with him. Now that's not to say, he can't be paid a handsome sum to shut his mouth, but that does make him unemployable down the road.

Everyone must remember that the NCAA doesn't have to prove everything. We all know they bought Treadwell and many others, but the NCAA doesn't need to spend all of their money investigating each case. They don't have to prove everything like a court of law. If they feel there is widespread corruption and have proof on a few things like Tunsil, they will hammer them for all of the others, because they can!!

I keep hearing this but, I just won't believe IT until IT happens...

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 11:12 AM

Barney has denied involvement. No surprise there. But he hasn't threatened to take anybody down... yet. He's not the type, and it's not to that point...... yet.

If he goes, he will be well taken care of.

Miller the assco. AD, I've have no clue about. But if he goes quietly, I'm sure he will be taken care of too.

fishwater99
05-31-2016, 11:20 AM
Barney has denied involvement. No surprise there. But he hasn't threatened to take anybody down... yet. He's not the type, and it's not to that point...... yet.

If he goes, he will be well taken care of.

Miller the assco. AD, I've have no clue about. But if he goes quietly, I'm sure he will be taken care of too.

How do you know this??

FYI
Miller is the coach and Barney is the Associate AD..

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 11:32 AM
How do you know this??

FYI
Miller is the coach and Barney is the Associate AD..

Barney was an on the road recruiter also. Miller is not a coach.

Just say I've been around Barney, and I know people that know him very well. Believe me, IMO he has a ton more backbone, toughness and character than Freeze.

bulldawg28
05-31-2016, 12:03 PM
What's up Spider? I see you came out of your web to play today.

Tell those rebel racist **** em! Burn baby burn!

turkish
05-31-2016, 12:15 PM
I agree with some of the recent threads about the NOA being somewhat lackluster. Take away the "level" designations, and the specifics about the violations under Freeze are really "ho hum," at least from a $ standpoint. I'm surprised some of those are labeled as Level 1s and would feel pretty good about them being reduced in severity.

What keeps me confident is that I cannot envision a scenario where Freeze has NOT lies to these investigators about things that are rumored to be in the next round of allegations.

SDDawg
05-31-2016, 12:59 PM
Freezus works hand in hand with The Network. Few coaches would the way he does. They know without someone like him- it will be impossible to get enough talent to challenge for the West in Grenada Without The Lake. They have had their Cutcliffe/Mullen and werent satisfied- they want more

Even with Freeze they've lost to Memphis and Arkansas twice in the past two years. They don't have a path unless Bama and Auburn both shit the bed, MSU is below average, A&M continues to underperform, etc. etc. I get your point but what they're doing isn't working and the probation and loss of scholarships is going to bring them down. Do you see a way that they get there with Freeze - I truly don't. I doubt he can luck his way through three Bama wins in a row so my guess is regardless of delayed sanctions the shine starts coming off pretty quick.

BB30
05-31-2016, 02:06 PM
Bottom line, It is going to come down to if and when there is a 2nd hit. If this is the only thing then I think they will get off relatively easily and by relatively I mean not devastating enough to slow down the rampant cheating. If there is in fact a 2nd round coming then that will be the nail in the coffin. Unfortunately for us, I think we are going to just have to wait this one out. I do think they get fairly significant scholly reductions from this first round as there are a lot of level 1 offenses in it. It will be quite interesting to see how all of this ends up playing out, there is a lot going on that honestly I think nobody really knows about. I don't even know if the Ole Miss admin really knows what the NCAA is thinking right now that is why in my opinion anybody's "source" is fairly irrelevant because nobody knows. It doesn't matter how big or close the guy is to the program nobody knows unless it is coming from someone directly affiliated with the NCAA.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-31-2016, 02:09 PM

Coach, how much credit should be given to the Forward Rebels campaign as to the position they are in now? It seems like their aggressiveness turned up a notch after they tried to oust Boone and Jones.

C222
05-31-2016, 02:29 PM

A former OM recruit, that signed elsewhere, informed the NCAA of the burner phone and prepaid debit card he was given by a certain OM staffer on his official visit. I am not sure if he physically handed them over to the NCAA though. I am assuming OM takes them up after the visit? I don't know.

Spiderman
05-31-2016, 02:43 PM
Bottom line, It is going to come down to if and when there is a 2nd hit. If this is the only thing then I think they will get off relatively easily and by relatively I mean not devastating enough to slow down the rampant cheating. If there is in fact a 2nd round coming then that will be the nail in the coffin. Unfortunately for us, I think we are going to just have to wait this one out. I do think they get fairly significant scholly reductions from this first round as there are a lot of level 1 offenses in it. It will be quite interesting to see how all of this ends up playing out, there is a lot going on that honestly I think nobody really knows about. I don't even know if the Ole Miss admin really knows what the NCAA is thinking right now that is why in my opinion anybody's "source" is fairly irrelevant because nobody knows. It doesn't matter how big or close the guy is to the program nobody knows unless it is coming from someone directly affiliated with the NCAA.

I said nothing of what the NCAA is thinking. But the guy I talked to does know what Ole Miss is thinking, and trying to do.

And that is protect Freeze if at all possible