PDA

View Full Version : "...but no pay for play!".....

MedDawg
05-30-2016, 10:10 PM

fmbdawg17
05-30-2016, 10:22 PM
I got into a Facebook "discussion" with some OM nutjob over this very issue. He said there was no pay for play. I pointed out the multiple level I violations for "impermissible benefits" in the NOA. He responded by claiming that was not in fact pay for play and by calling me a moron.

At this point, it's honestly just sad.

Harrydawg
05-30-2016, 10:25 PM
Next round.......it's coming. Hell, that's already confirmed by the tweets.

They are so screwed and most of them know it

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 11:58 PM
OM did indeed pay for play. And the NCAA knows it. They are going to pay Bigtime for their pay for play.

Reason2succeed
05-31-2016, 03:08 AM
The problem is that they know that they were handing out cash in the Grove and they are excited that none of the allegations points to this. Therefore they feel like they have gotten away with paying for play not realizing that loaner cars from Canon Motors is the same thing.

The level of delusion from Umn Bears ought to be looked at with pity. Be gentle on them because the NCAA isn't.

Jarius
05-31-2016, 07:26 AM
The next round that is coming will have pay for play in it, and according to Steve it's going to be with or without the Tunsil admissions on draft night and it's not even necessarily Tunsil. Tee Shepard was a name he mentioned on the show that we may want to watch out for.

RocketDawg
05-31-2016, 07:30 AM
The next round that is coming will have pay for play in it, and according to Steve it's going to be with or without the Tunsil admissions on draft night and it's not even necessarily Tunsil. Tee Shepard was a name he mentioned on the show that we may want to watch out for.

We've been hearing rumors for years about huge signing bonuses and vehicles to 5-star players, and if there's anything to those rumors I would think the NCAA has found out about some of them. Of course, those may just be wishful thinking on the part of MSU folks, but I don't think so in all cases.

And don't forget they had a really good signing class this year. So it's not only 2013, but 2016 as well. Something's fishy there. Unless Oxford truly is a Utopian destination, cheating was going on for this class even after the NOA was received.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 08:13 AM

This NOA was the tip of the iceberg. Steve even said so in his podcast. The NCAA had to cut it off at some point b/c the paperwork for the 2010-11 stuff alone was mountainous. Part Two is going to be just as voluminous, but all Freeze and staff. Freeze cannot be saved at that point.

SheltonChoked
05-31-2016, 09:32 AM
Why would this be a good thing?

After the LOA was issued, (Possibly after the response was due back) a former player, on national TV, in front of the national press, admitted and clarified the admission, of being paid by members of the Athletic department at the University of Mississippi.

I cannot understand the logic of how this was a good thing. This is immediate repeat offender. 8 Level I allegations in football over multiple Coaches, AD's and Administrations. Already implicated with failure to monitor.

Only way this could be good is if you wanted to plant trees in the now useless Vaugh Hemingway to expand the Grove.