05-30-2016, 09:09 PM
I just wanna know why? lose most of the home field advantage

msstate7
05-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Gotta be tv, right?

JohnnyQuid
05-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Gotta be tv, right?

from what I saw earlier our first game is online only.

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 09:15 PM
There better be a good reason for this.

On the surface it's a bad move by our athletic dept.

msstate7
05-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Move the game up even more so their ace has even less time to recover from being overworked this past weekend? Not sure how much a few hours matter though

JohnnyQuid
05-30-2016, 09:19 PM
There better be a good reason for this.

On the surface it's a bad move by our athletic dept.

it's horrendous. wait years to host and guys with jobs even close to starkville are SOL much less ones who travel.

gonna be alot of unhappy campers. oh wel I'll make sat/sunday

Homedawg
05-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Lsu has done this before. Never understood why really

dnadawg
05-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Must be the guy who typed up the scoreboard schedule that year,

or the guy who put "moron & white" in the Alma mater on the Jumbotron that year.......Sheesh

Harrydawg
05-30-2016, 09:21 PM
Well then surely we'd play (if win 1St) the late game

JohnnyQuid
05-30-2016, 09:22 PM
Must be the guy who typed up the scoreboard schedule that year,

or the guy who put "moron & white" in the Alma mater on the Jumbotron that year.......Sheesh

it's on twitter released from official baseball account from the university. we were 630 game until 10 mins ago

RougeDawg
05-30-2016, 09:24 PM

Want to say LSU did this to keep from playing late into the night and not getting the rest needed for Saturday. Could be wrong but that was the way I understood it when they did it. It will be much hotter at 1:30 than 6:30 in Starkville, which could be physically draining itself.

dnadawg
05-30-2016, 09:26 PM
Gotcha!!!! Thanks for the heads up

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 09:31 PM
I asked them point blank on twitter and haven't gotten a response yet.

It's probably something statistical like SEMO hits worse during the day or something like that knowing Cohen.

weblow
05-30-2016, 09:32 PM
Yes the time has changed in one of the dumbest damn moves of the season. Take 3/4 the crowd from the stadium by doing this. Just freaking stupid. Had already made travel plans and everything to make the 6:30 game. Would love for them to provide a reason.

confucius say
05-30-2016, 09:32 PM

Lsu does it every year (though possums like the night so who knows now). The rationale is spacing bt games for pitching. And our guys being more accustomed to heat.

Jack Lambert
05-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Maybe they see weather issues coming.

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Yes the time has changed in one of the dumbest damn moves of the season. Take 3/4 the crowd from the stadium by doing this. Just freaking stupid. Had already made travel plans and everything to make the 6:30 game. Would love for them to provide a reason.

We'll still have a good crowd- it just won't be as good as it would be at 6:30 and many of the ones that do make it are going to be highly inconvenienced.

And I am with you on the reason. I just want one even if it's something like Zac Houston pitches better during the day, SEMO hits worse during the day, or we want to do like LSU and rest our pitchers for Saturday.

RougeDawg
05-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Maybe they see weather issues coming.

No offense "Ref" but meterioilgist have a hard enough time predicting the weather 24 hours out.

JohnnyQuid
05-30-2016, 09:42 PM
No offense "Ref" but meterioilgist have a hard enough time predicting the weather 24 hours out.

this. 5 days out has to be a guess at best

weblow
05-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Many of us just got back from taking a week off to watch the shit show in Hoover. Will be a fun conversation with the boss again tomorrow. I would just like an explanation.

Per Joel Coleman, "I've asked. Just been told there was no reason."

bulldogcountry1
05-30-2016, 09:46 PM
Cohening**

Seriously, though. What the hell?

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 09:46 PM
Many of us just got back from taking a week off to watch the shit show in Hoover. Will be a fun conversation with the boss again tomorrow. I would just like an explanation.

Per Joel Coleman, "I've asked. Just been told there was no reason."

It's something statistical that Cohen doesn't want to let out.

Although I did look at the 5 day forecast and there is some rain in the forecast for this weekend.

LC Dawg
05-30-2016, 09:54 PM
I'll explain to my wife when I have to take a vacation day for a ball game when it's unavoidable but I'm not doing it when it is avoidable. I'm not taking a vacation day when the game could have been played later. And I damn sure don't want to see any posts about the crowd not being big enough.

Taog Redloh
05-30-2016, 09:59 PM
It's something statistical that Cohen doesn't want to let out.

Agreed. We damn sure better capitalize.

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Agreed. We damn sure better capitalize.

That or he thinks playing in the heat will sway SEMO's coach to rest his ace or force his tired ace to pitch in the heat.

This wreaks of some kind of gamesmanship. There is no way Scott would agree to move this without it being a darn good reason- and moving the game to help our team on the field would be a rare exception where he would go along with it.

Whatever it is- it better work like you said.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2016, 10:31 PM
No doubt this is a "Cohen found some random stat" moment. Ha

-SEMO has a bad record during day games?
-SEMO isn't going to adjust to the hot temps like we're used to?
-We shit our pants during our last HUGE night home game SBW? Lol

Who knows. It's not good for fans wanting to take only a half day...but let's be serious, most people weren't working all day & then racing over to the game, so this shouldn't be a huge deal. If you're going, you're probably taking the whole day off.

Cohen can be such a random dude. All you can do is laugh at this point

Maroons
05-30-2016, 10:38 PM
No doubt this is a "Cohen found some random stat" moment. Ha

-SEMO has a bad record during day games?
-We shit our pants during our last HUGE night home game SBW? Lol

Who knows. It's not good for fans wanting to take only a half day...but let's be serious, most people weren't working all day & then racing over to the game, so this shouldn't be a huge deal. If you're going, you're probably taking the whole day off.

Cohen can be such a random dude. All you can do is laugh at this point

I'm not laughing when I feel like it slightly levels the playing field.

ScottH
05-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Bonner just tweeted it was to help out CSF on travel.

Hopefully he jests or was given bad intel.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2016, 10:47 PM

I hope somebody is ****ing with Bonner.

Why would we help them out? Get your ass down here if you have to leave tonight on a bus. You want comfort, win more games and host your own Regional. Otherwise get your ass down here or forfeit

LC Dawg
05-30-2016, 10:48 PM
All chairbacks are sold and at this point they are only selling all game general admission packages so the school gets the money for every seat whether it's occupied or not. It's a pretty shitty thing to do to the best fans in the world but it's all about money now so most of us lowly working class peons don't matter. I ordered my general admission tickets early just so I'd know I had them so they got my money even though I won't be at the game Friday. I may get a chance to catch the Cal St Fullerton - La Tech game though and I'm real excited about that.

maroonmania
05-30-2016, 11:19 PM
Well, Cohen is The Meddler. Guess he has to even meddle with starting times now. Of course, on the bright side, this will take some of the pressure off our players because there will be less of our fans in the stands.***

Taog Redloh
05-30-2016, 11:28 PM

Yeah that ain't true. CSF is not flying across the country and playing a regional game the same day.

Unless they are dumb.

JohnnyQuid
05-30-2016, 11:29 PM

I hope that's not true. not our job to get an opponet to the ****ing site on time. let's bend over backward to help a team be prepared... jeez.

and to another point friday wouldnt have been huge crowd prolly but now it'll be 1/3 of what it woulda been. and the rest can't even watch. just a full **** up imo

Taog Redloh
05-30-2016, 11:30 PM
All chairbacks are sold and at this point they are only selling all game general admission packages so the school gets the money for every seat whether it's occupied or not. It's a pretty shitty thing to do to the best fans in the world but it's all about money now so most of us lowly working class peons don't matter. I ordered my general admission tickets early just so I'd know I had them so they got my money even though I won't be at the game Friday. I may get a chance to catch the Cal St Fullerton - La Tech game though and I'm real excited about that.

If it helps us win, we fans should be behind it. I doubt this is a money grab. I think the money goes to the NCAA anyway.

drunkernhelldawg
05-30-2016, 11:59 PM
It's disappointing, but it's just one game. We've got a whole weekend of baseball. The reason doesn't matter so much. It's the schedule at this point.

BrunswickDawg
05-31-2016, 06:44 AM

If you've ever spent any time in Cape Girardeau, MO - or anywhere near there - you know this isn't true. That area is miserable like the Delta once it quits snowing in the spring.

bulldogcountry1
05-31-2016, 07:18 AM
Joe Dier says it's to guarantee 24 hours of rest, win or lose. This is just typical Cohen trying to find some minuscule advantage, even if it alienates the fan base. You know it has to be him because we released the schedule that had us playing late. I imagine Stricklin is not looking forward to today.

Edited to add: Also, it will probably be an average of 15 degrees hotter in the early game, which would cancel out any gain of extra rest.

RocketDawg
05-31-2016, 07:26 AM
That or he thinks playing in the heat will sway SEMO's coach to rest his ace or force his tired ace to pitch in the heat.

This wreaks of some kind of gamesmanship. There is no way Scott would agree to move this without it being a darn good reason- and moving the game to help our team on the field would be a rare exception where he would go along with it.

Whatever it is- it better work like you said.

I think it's probably weather related for Saturday's game since rain is expected. Presumably the winner of Fridays' game gets an earlier start on Saturday (I haven't really looked at the schedule). That's about the only reason I can think of. Plus, there are thunderstorms forecast for Friday, so chances are they'd come in after our game.

As far as heat goes ... Missouri is about as hot and humid as Starkville this time of the year, so that shouldn't be a factor. St. Louis is one of the hottest and muggiest cities in the country, so it has to be that way a little farther south. The team most affected by southeastern weather will be Fullerton. It may get hot there, but humidity is next to nothing. They'll feel it. ULL may actually have an advantage from that aspect.

drunkernhelldawg
05-31-2016, 07:43 AM
Joe Dier says it's to guarantee 24 hours of rest, win or lose. This is just typical Cohen trying to find some minuscule advantage, even if it alienates the fan base. You know it has to be him because we released the schedule that had us playing late. I imagine Stricklin is not looking forward to today.

Edited to add: Also, it will probably be an average of 15 degrees hotter in the early game, which would cancel out any gain of extra rest.

I think that's a great reason, and I don't think it's cancelled out by the heat of the previous day. I notice that LSU is playing early also.

basedog
05-31-2016, 07:51 AM
I hate it for the fans who can't get off work and bought tickets. As for as the game time, seems Lsu does it with success and I kinda like the idea of the early game and the rest the players get.

Regardless I hope we roll! I have a feeling Houston will get the nod.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2016, 07:53 AM
I think that's a great reason, and I don't think it's cancelled out by the heat of the previous day. I notice that LSU is playing early also.

Yea I have no issue with it. This way we get a longer rest, and a chance to scout our opponent by watching their game live while knowing exactly which one we'll be playing bc we already won (or lost).

It's 1 inconvenient game time. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

TheRef
05-31-2016, 08:35 AM

Actually we are very accurate up to 3 days out. Anything after 3 days, and I wouldn't trust it. I'll try to give an idea of Friday's weather later on today.

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 09:58 AM
Yea I have no issue with it. This way we get a longer rest, and a chance to scout our opponent by watching their game live while knowing exactly which one we'll be playing bc we already won (or lost).

It's 1 inconvenient game time. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

But as has been stated, our team may actually feel better with 6 less hours of rest and avoiding playing in 90+ degree heat. I'm not really getting the rest angle given the heat factor involved to play at 1:30.

Todd4State
05-31-2016, 10:01 AM
Here is my thing- we have known that we are going to host a regional at a minimum for at least two weeks. It would have been nice if the athletic dept had let people know that we were going to take the early slot on the event that we would host I think fewer people would have had an issue with it.

Taog Redloh
05-31-2016, 10:04 AM
Here is my thing- we have known that we are going to host a regional at a minimum for at least two weeks.

We didn't know we'd have SEMO (and their tired ace pitcher) and the best team on the Left Coast at that point.

dawgpound
05-31-2016, 10:07 AM
I thought the top seeds always played the late games.

Todd4State
05-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Bob Carskadon talked to Cohen and the reasons for the switch were:

1. So we could take BP on the field.

2. Avoid a late night DH due to poor weather.

3. So we could scout our opponents live.

That's good enough for me.

HoopsDawg
05-31-2016, 11:18 AM

Makes sense. I love day-time baseball. There will still be a big crowd.

ETDawg
05-31-2016, 12:37 PM
Driving in for Fridays game. Leaving Sunday.
What is rest of schedule after Friday? Could there be three games on Saturday? What about sundaygames? Games times?

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Driving in for Fridays game. Leaving Sunday.
What is rest of schedule after Friday? Could there be three games on Saturday? What about sundaygames? Games times?

My understanding is that if the last 2 teams standing both have one loss then the final game will take place on Monday. There will be 2 games per day Fri-Sun.

ETDawg
05-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Thanx. Any idea of game times on Sunday?

Mjoelner34
05-31-2016, 12:44 PM

4. The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie comes out and he is Jonesing for butter popcorn and some jujube's.

War Machine Dawg
05-31-2016, 12:48 PM
from what I saw earlier our first game is online only.

Online only all weekend.

Todd4State
05-31-2016, 12:59 PM
Makes sense. I love day-time baseball. There will still be a big crowd.

All I wanted was an explanation and the one they gave me was reasonable.