PDA

View Full Version : Dear Athletic Department

ScottH
05-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Should both MSU and LaLa both win, please remember the great lengths LaLa went to in order to make it difficult (actually virtually impossible) for MSU fans to purchase tickets two years ago.

Upon remembering this, please return the favor.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Should both MSU and LaLa both win, please remember the great lengths LaLa went to in order to make it difficult (actually virtually impossible) for MSU fans to purchase tickets two years ago.

Good point. Ooh La La fans should mail in a check, wait 10 days for it to clear, then pick up their tickets at the appropriate Swayze Field window.

Joe Schmedlap
05-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Recap what the Cajuns did if you don't mind.

preachermatt83
05-30-2016, 01:49 PM

This all day!!

ScottH
05-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Recap what the Cajuns did if you don't mind.

In summary:
PRIOR to anyone else being allowed to buy tickets they used every avenue to make sure none were available:
1.Season ticket holders could buy ANY number
2.Students could buy ANY number
3.Non-season ticket holders but members of the "L" (or whatever it's called)club were allowed to buy ANY number
4.Non-season ticket holder alumni were marketed to via phone to buy ANY number
All above done in a narrow window prior to tickets going on sale to ensure NONE available for non-LaLa folks at LaLa games.
For all practical purposes there were no tickets available when tickets went on sale. Some of you probably still have the ticket office number there memorized.
Kudos to LaLa of their efforts.
MSU Had none to sell.Our Athletic Department was impotent in the matter.
Our allotment covered our most of our coaches and players families. I think we begged some from San Diego and JSU.
Plenty on secondary market for non LaLa games.
It was a cluster for many MSU fans.
I know of two top 15-20ish MSU donors that could not get tickets.

Goldendawg
05-30-2016, 02:39 PM
I had forgotten about that happening. Karma has raised its ugly head and if it was good enough for us, it's dang sure good enough for them. Pay attention athletic office at State!

SheltonChoked
05-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Knowing this, just do the above. I'll buy ga tickets. I cannot go, but we could have 20k paid easy and it be all MSU people.

Duckdog
05-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Hand they are doing the same bullshit again this year.

Bothrops
05-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Let's just worry about getting through our gauntlet of a regional. The chances of facing ULL are probably kinda slim.

Jack Lambert
05-30-2016, 04:16 PM
What we need to do is sell them tickets but make them wait at the gate and when the fire marshal say that's enough we can say sorry.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-30-2016, 05:25 PM
The chances of facing ULL are probably kinda slim.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2016, 05:28 PM
I think we'll face Arizona in the Supers

RocketDawg
05-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Was this the year after we came close to winning the NC in Omaha, or the year after? We played in Lafayette? I didn't follow baseball much then.

shoeless joe
05-30-2016, 05:44 PM
I think we'll face Arizona in the Supers

100% agree. And hopefully we go all '06 on that ass!

preachermatt83
05-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Was this the year after we came close to winning the NC in Omaha, or the year after? We played in Lafayette? I didn't follow baseball much then.

It was 2014. The yr after the World Series run.

archdog
05-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Also, hire a guy with a plane and a trailing sign that says, UM gave Blue Chips Two thumbs UP.

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Yeah- well Matthew Stevens got fired because he called Cajuns sub human so there was that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-31-2016, 08:27 AM

Upon remembering this, please return the favor.Yes return a low level move with a low level move...that'll teach them.

ScottH
06-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Bump

Leroy Jenkins
06-06-2016, 12:36 AM
I say take every nickel from them we can. Let's be honest, the only reason any sports team exists is to be marketed.

On second thought.... fvck 'em.

blacklistedbully
06-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Yes return a low level move with a low level move...that'll teach them.

It might. If their fans don't get in...and know the reason why is because they shafted us first. then perhaps they'll think twice about doing it again.

shannondawg
06-06-2016, 07:17 AM
We don't need to stoop down to that level, we got enough fans that theirs really won't matter.

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Don't do anything different for them. Let them see how you are supposed to do these things. We've been there before, we need to act like it.

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2016, 09:26 AM
We don't need to stoop down to that level, we got enough fans that theirs really won't matter.

Yeah, I am thinking the demand from MSU fans will be very high. In addition, I doubt ULL has any fans other than player parents that travel for baseball. We could just do what we always do and the crowd will be 99% State fans.