PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss' willingness to use Chistianity as its

cheewgumm
05-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Illegal recruiting tool, is really something.

In the deep South no less, it's pretty brazen. Freezes' routine, the FCA, amazing.

Listen to the Boneyard today.

SailingDawg
05-30-2016, 08:22 PM
You would think the ACLU would attack for using a public university as an affront to preaching their gospel.

Reason2succeed
05-30-2016, 08:51 PM
According to Dante there is a special place in hell for people who do that.

It's despicable because it casts dispersions on people who do things for the right reasons. How dare Hughes try to claim that these athletes are being discriminated against. Dude needs his head and his heart examined.

Jack Lambert
05-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Many others use Christianity for evil things. So I would not expect Ole Miss to be any different.

Taog Redloh
05-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Starting to turn anti-Freeze after hearing from a guy I trust to know, this past weekend. Says Freeze is very willing to bend rules. I had been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (Freeze, not OM), but I'm losing faith, no pun intended.

Tripp McNeely
05-31-2016, 08:18 AM
Starting to turn anti-Freeze after hearing from a guy I trust to know, this past weekend. Says Freeze is very willing to bend rules. I had been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (Freeze, not OM), but I'm losing faith, no pun intended.

"Starting to"?????

Jack Lambert
05-31-2016, 08:25 AM

I suspect this is what awaits Freeze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQw6KuNKqs

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 08:26 AM

LOL, when I heard Freeze first use the "we play out of love, not hate" line I knew he was a charlatan.

Coach 57
05-31-2016, 08:39 AM
I absolutely hate threads like this on this board. And was going to pass it up and not post but in all honesty I couldn't help but defend my Lord's Name in this. Look not everyone who says they are a "Christian" is IN FACT a follower of Christ. This nation "identifies" (upwards of 80%) as Christian. Nothing is further from the truth. If that were true we wouldn't have abortion, marriage redefined, no fault divorce and a whole lot of others horrible things.

Years ago during the tornadoes my wife's truck got scratched up from fallen power lines as we were trying to help those in need during the fallout in our surrounding area. Afterwards we went to a body shop to try and get the scratches possibly buffed out (or whatever they could do within reasonable cost). And the body shop guy pointed at a ding in her fender asking "is this storm damage too?" I could've lied and said yes and had it paid for, because it was in fact NOT storm damage. She (my wife) had backed into something that was TOTALLY her fault. My point is NOT to pump up myself as I looked at the body man and told him "no sir, that's not storm damage" but to pump up Christ as that's what He would've done. But I hate when people act as though JUST horrible things have happened under Christianity. Slavery was eventually ABOLISHED because actual Christ followers had had enough of it.

In all honesty it's posts like this as to why I've been on here less and less. The absolute hate in these posts almost makes me sick to my stomach but guess what it just proves that sin is absolutely abound and there is a Savior Who came and defeated sin, hell & death...His Names is Christ Jesus and I assure you that when you REALLY have Him as Lord, He will change how you look at people. I love each and every one of you guys and I'm not pointing AT, or DOWN but UP at The Father's Right Hand where He sits.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 08:48 AM
I absolutely hate threads like this on this board. And was going to pass it up and not post but in all honesty I couldn't help but defend my Lord's Name in this. Look not everyone who says they are a "Christian" is IN FACT a follower of Christ. This nation "identifies" (upwards of 80%) as Christian. Nothing is further from the truth. If that were true we wouldn't have abortion, marriage redefined, no fault divorce and a whole lot of others horrible things.

Years ago during the tornadoes my wife's truck got scratched up from fallen power lines as we were trying to help those in need during the fallout in our surrounding area. Afterwards we went to a body shop to try and get the scratches possibly buffed out (or whatever they could do within reasonable cost). And the body shop guy pointed at a ding in her fender asking "is this storm damage too?" I could've lied and said yes and had it paid for, because it was in fact NOT storm damage. She (my wife) had backed into something that was TOTALLY her fault. My point is NOT to pump up myself as I looked at the body man and told him "no sir, that's not storm damage" but to pump up Christ as that's what He would've done. But I hate when people act as though JUST horrible things have happened under Christianity. Slavery was eventually ABOLISHED because actual Christ followers had had enough of it.

In all honesty it's posts like this as to why I've been on here less and less. The absolute hate in these posts almost makes me sick to my stomach but guess what it just proves that sin is absolutely abound and there is a Savior Who came and defeated sin, hell & death...His Names is Christ Jesus and I assure you that when you REALLY have Him as Lord, He will change how you look at people. I love each and every one of you guys and I'm not pointing AT, or DOWN but UP at The Father's Right Hand where He sits.

I do not and will not ever condone of someone wearing their Christianity on their sleeve like a diamond cufflink to dazzle the eyes so the huge grotesque stain on their lily white shirt goes unnoticed. We are all sinners but to have some stand upon the Word of God as they promote deceit and fraud in the shadows will forever earn my rebuke.

Political Hack
05-31-2016, 08:54 AM
I do not and will not ever condone of someone wearing their Christianity on their sleeve like a diamond cufflink to dazzle the eyes so the huge grotesque stain on their lily white shirt goes unnoticed. We are all sinners but to have some stand upon the Word of God as they promote deceit and fraud in the shadows will forever earn my rebuke.

I'm going with this stance.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2016, 09:06 AM

I believe the point of the thread was pointing out that using Christ as a marketing tool isn't ok. My boss said it best at one of our employee meetings, when you do good deeds that goes on the ledger but if you let people know your good deeds then you have been paid for that. You don't get to count that at the pearly gates because you now have done it for a reason other than to do good.

Coach 57
05-31-2016, 09:07 AM
Trap, you use the term (and I agree with you) "we all are sinners". But let me ask you this: am I (not talking about Freeze) to disobey what Christ said and hide my "lamp" for the sake of political correctness, or yours or any others personal opinion? Because that's the very thing Daniel was thrown into the lion's den for, or Peter & John were beaten on the steps of the temple for.

I get the rebuke of someone who makes a miscalculation or slips up (as if this evidence comes out that shows Freeze's involvement shows he should be) but what I am saying is that if he is going to a BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH he has (or should have) accountability partners or his own pastor that will check him. I know I have 3-4 guys that help me as it is what we are to do.

But my beef is lumping the sum up and pointing the finger at Christianity as a whole just because this one guy messed up is wrong dude, it's wrong. Remember there is NONE "good...no not one". I'm not "good" neither are any of you seeing this.

Coach 57
05-31-2016, 09:09 AM
I believe the point of the thread was pointing out that using Christ as a marketing tool isn't ok. My boss said it best at one of our employee meetings, when you do good deeds that goes on the ledger but if you let people know your good deeds then you have been paid for that. You don't get to count that at the pearly gates because you now have done it for a reason other than to do good.

And your boss' quote is spot on.

Coach 57
05-31-2016, 09:13 AM
Tbone, I lay hands on people and pray for them at my job from time to time that need it and ask for it. I know one day it's going to cost me my job as I work in retail but I don't do it for the attention..i do it because they are hurting and I truly have love for them. But I know one day it will become the pink slip at my job and honestly bro I'm cool with it. The same One that gave me this job will give me another if I honor Him in all that I do & say this job. I don't put Jesus in my pocket for this place nor will I at my next one when He moves me.

Political Hack
05-31-2016, 09:23 AM
I don't think the thread was aimed at Christianity. I think it was aimed at "fake Christianity."

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Trap, you use the term (and I agree with you) "we all are sinners". But let me ask you this: am I (not talking about Freeze) to disobey what Christ said and hide my "lamp" for the sake of political correctness, or yours or any others personal opinion? Because that's the very thing Daniel was thrown into the lion's den for, or Peter & John were beaten on the steps of the temple for.

I get the rebuke of someone who makes a miscalculation or slips up (as if this evidence comes out that shows Freeze's involvement shows he should be) but what I am saying is that if he is going to a BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH he has (or should have) accountability partners or his own pastor that will check him. I know I have 3-4 guys that help me as it is what we are to do.

But my beef is lumping the sum up and pointing the finger at Christianity as a whole just because this one guy messed up is wrong dude, it's wrong. Remember there is NONE "good...no not one". I'm not "good" neither are any of you seeing this.

Coach, I'm pointing the finger at Freeze not Christians as a whole. He cannot justify that sewage facility of a football program he oversees with his strong Christian values. He knows EXACTLY what goes on in that program b/c he helped set it up. Yet, he runs to a podium or Twitter anytime and every time it's convenient to pull out his cross or show the scars on the palms of his hands. Freeze opened his mouth to speak of the Glory of Christ while his hands do the work of Satan.

maroonmania
05-31-2016, 09:39 AM

Freeze - "Ask not what you can do for God, but rather ask what God can do for you (or your career)". His whole schtick is disgusting to me as a Christian because he seems to be primarily interested in using his faith for personal gain, not much else.

Coach 57
05-31-2016, 09:42 AM
Again I get that, but I assure you Freeze will atone for those things far greater or with more scrutiny than and state fan could ever muster. God weighs the heart and motivations which we are unable to do.

Coach 57
05-31-2016, 09:44 AM
I don't think the thread was aimed at Christianity. I think it was aimed at "fake Christianity."

And Hack I agree with that statement. But we ALL fall short of God's glory even me. My righteousness is filthy rags to Him. I have none apart from Christ.

Taog Redloh
05-31-2016, 09:51 AM
Coach 57....I agree with you however the Bible warns against being fooled by deceivers. Like I said I liked Freeze for the longest time and liked that he used faith because, well, better to have than not, I guess. But he's pretty much succeeding in turning people OFF of the gospel at this point. I will admit that most of these people already wanted to hate Christianity and were just looking for a reason.

Anyways, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but after what I know now, it seems like he might not really be in that plausible deniability area. Which would make him one of the deceivers.

Pollodawg
05-31-2016, 09:55 AM
I don't think that the thread is about poking fun at Christianity. I think it was calling out Freeze's perceived use of Christianity for his own ends. That doesn't get me so much as the "Freezus" thing gets to me. That makes me a little uncomfortable.

Tripp McNeely
05-31-2016, 10:18 AM
And Hack I agree with that statement. But we ALL fall short of God's glory even me. My righteousness is filthy rags to Him. I have none apart from Christ.

No one is disagreeing with you. I think that what you are failing to understand is that Christians that are on these boards, like myself, aren't pissed at Freeze for sinning...we all do that, the degree of which doesn't matter and is between you and God.

The anger comes from Freeze "using" his faith as a recruiting tool and as a shield to commit unethical acts. There is a calculated hypocrisy in the actions/omissions that Freeze displays. This is the worst thing someone who claims to be a Christian could possibly do.

cheewgumm
05-31-2016, 10:42 AM
I think this is the kind of response that Hugh counts on. If he throws out his Christianity enough, real Christians like Coach will be too humbled to criticize him. Because they will think they can't judge.

It's using your Chistianity against you, in my opinion.

Coach 57
05-31-2016, 10:56 AM
No, I know that we are to judge those INSIDE the church (saved) not OUTSIDE (unsaved). I'm not saying not to righteously judge this brother who professes Christ. We just need to make sure the "log" back-alley deals, lying, etc etc (things he's done) isn't in OUR OWN EYE first.

Liverpooldawg
05-31-2016, 11:39 AM
I think this is the kind of response that Hugh counts on. If he throws out his Christianity enough, real Christians like Coach will be too humbled to criticize him. Because they will think they can't judge.

It's using your Chistianity against you, in my opinion.

That's exactly what it is.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 11:42 AM
That's exactly what it is.

Yep! Don't think for a minute that Freeze does anything that isn't calculated. That's why he's the worst because he preys on peoples humility and faith.

Reason2succeed
05-31-2016, 01:21 PM
This is who Freeze is

2 Timothy 3:1-6 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires,

He is using his religion in the worst way possible. Mark Richt was a good Christian man from all accounts but you never heard him hiding behind his faith during adversity, you never saw him try to guilt a recruit into signing with Georgia by saying their soul was in peril, there are no reports of him using a FCA leader as a "sugar daddy" to talented football players and getting him to bring them to his house for a recruiting pitch (or bible study which ever you want to believe), he never lied to recruits telling them that the investigation was over, or lied on his predecessors saying that all the bad stuff was done by them... Do I need to go on?

If you don't see that Freeze is manipulating believers and using the sincere faith of others then just take a step back and keep praying because eventually God will open your eyes and reveal to you that not everyone is what they claim to be. He is doing all of these things not for the glory of God but for the glory of OM football and his $5 million contract.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 01:29 PM
Here's the deal, the things being said about Freeze are not based on innuendo or speculation, they are based on facts. That's not judging somebody its simply stating facts. Freeze is a liar and a cheat that's a fact. For instance if you watch someone commit a crime it's not a judgement, it's a fact. Same principle.

PassInterference
05-31-2016, 01:32 PM
He is using his religion in the worst way possible. Mark Richt was a good Christian man from all accounts but you never heard him hiding behind his faith during adversity, you never saw him try to guilt a recruit into signing with Georgia by saying their soul was in peril, there are no reports of him using a FCA leader as a "sugar daddy" to talented football players and getting him to bring them to his house for a recruiting pitch (or bible study which ever you want to believe), he never lied to recruits telling them that the investigation was over, or lied on his predecessors saying that all the bad stuff was done by them... Do I need to go on?

If you don't see that Freeze is manipulating believers and using the sincere faith of others then just take a step back and keep praying because eventually God will open your eyes and reveal to you that not everyone is what they claim to be. He is doing all of these things not for the glory of God but for the glory of OM football and his $5 million contract.

You stated that perfectly.

Some time back, I saw a youtube of his pregame lockerroom talk. He mixed religious talk with football talk. He said their program is "building the kingdom". He prayed at the end and wrapped that up with "may God bless the Ole Miss Rebels".

That just turns my stomach. The juxtaposition of God as a supporter of a football program at the expense of others is just sick.