PDA

View Full Version : Robertson is deboning Ole Miss on today's podcast.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Those of you who were saying Ole Miss would skate were v e r y w r o n g.

http://www.bulldogsportsradio.com/show/the-boneyard/

redstickdawg
05-30-2016, 01:11 PM
listening now, it is very comprehensive. I can't see any possibility of not getting LOIC and multiple coaches being gone, as well as better than even odds on bdork.

Mjoelner34
05-30-2016, 01:27 PM
"I'm just glad he didn't adopt them." ZING!

dawgoneyall
05-30-2016, 01:43 PM
"I'm just glad he didn't adopt them." ZING!

That was classic!!!!!

C222
05-30-2016, 01:48 PM
Love how that booster is using the FCA as an excuse as to why he cheated. And Freeze took him on a recruiting visit?? Wow. Didn't know that.

Bully13
05-30-2016, 01:50 PM
Could anyone give a synopsis? Anything about how the new rules make it tougher for the HC to skirt responsibility?

TrapGame
05-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Gold. Absolute Gold.

LOIC is pretty much unavoidable and Freeze's chances for a show cause are constantly rising.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2016, 02:04 PM
What's interesting is that Steve continues to say that his sources are telling him that Ole Miss is still lying.

If his source is the NCAA, then what does that mean?

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Could anyone give a synopsis? Anything about how the new rules make it tougher for the HC to skirt responsibility?

The synopsis would be that it's a slam dunk of everything Ole Miss has put out since January. Not 13 football violations but over 70. Freeze in the room with a known illegal booster and recruit. Ole Miss compliance knew Tunsil had an impermissible loaner, told him to cut it out, then he did it again and they did nothing about it.

Questions about the Ed Center in Jackson.

Multiple Ole Miss coaches named.

Much more Tunsil stuff to come.

NO WAY in HELL the NCAA doesn't add on the self-imposed scholarship reductions.

Listen to the whole thing if you can.

Mjoelner34
05-30-2016, 02:10 PM

Besides discussing the stuff that is already out, he made a point to say that the Tunsil draft night stuff ISN'T the only thing that is going to come down next. He didn't allude to what else it may be.

SDDawg
05-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Gold. Absolute Gold.

LOIC is pretty much unavoidable and Freeze's chances for a show cause are constantly rising.

Show cause is coming, mark it down. Wins will be vacated as well, we'll get 3 Egg Bowls "back" on the official record and both of their Bama wins are gone as well.

C222
05-30-2016, 02:27 PM
He also called out all the idiots in the media who listened to their Ole Miss sources and reported on inaccurate stuff.

Goldendawg
05-30-2016, 02:28 PM
They seem to have played ineligible players for several years. Which is done today by the NCAA. demand victories be forfeited or vacated? We were made to forfeit many victories in the Tyler years of probation. If vacating is done in today's punishments, the other team does not get to claim the victory. Am I correct? We'll of course get the we all know what happened on the field excuse, but using said ineligible players really changes the issue. Difference in the two events happening being explained much appreciated.

Belegal
05-30-2016, 02:28 PM
Don't believe forfeits are on table- appears tsun got a written release to play player 11 while the investigation was on going per their response in 2013

smootness
05-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Show cause is coming, mark it down. Wins will be vacated as well, we'll get 3 Egg Bowls "back" on the official record and both of their Bama wins are gone as well.

We don't get any extra Egg Bowl wins out of it.

Goldendawg
05-30-2016, 02:33 PM
What or who is player 11? I just listened to all of Steve's broadcast today and he says up to three ineligible players over the past few years. We were made to forfeit about 19 victories over Larry Gillard and Richard Blackmore being ruled ineligible in the games in the '70's. What is the rule on this today?

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Fraudulent Wayne County ACT scores for three players (names redacted) 2010-2014..any wins with them on the field will have to be vacated.

Four Memphis kids got illegal benefits from the Memphis booster... three signed with OM

Some discussion of the significance of an $800 cash transfer... someone must be singing because there is no paper trail.

Chris Kiffin was known to be operating illegally (paid housing mostly) when Bjork and Freeze claimed they did things the right way.

More Tunsil stuff is on the way, more non-Tunsil stuff is on the way. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT OVER.

In all three sports staffers lied to the NCAA, deleted texts and encouraged others to do so. Bruce Pearl was slammed for much less.

Saunders Vaughn and Nix had a hand in 4-6 OM players getting illegal benefits associated with the Ed Center in Jackson.,, something to do with a church leader.

Multiple coaches are fighting for their careers.

OM did not self report the WBB irregularities... the SEC did that.

Houston Nutt was guilty as hell too.

Goldendawg
05-30-2016, 02:42 PM
What is the difference in vacating and forfeiting a previous win? I'm confused.

C222
05-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Another national story will come out soon on OM as well. Should be good.

SDDawg
05-30-2016, 02:48 PM
We don't get any extra Egg Bowl wins out of it.

They're not losses either though. Agreed?!

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 02:49 PM

Bascially: To vacate a win is the same as never having played. To forfeit is to lose.

We forfeited a bunch of games decades ago, therefore opponents can claim a win in those games.

Belegal
05-30-2016, 02:50 PM
See page 59 of the response on alleged waiver on player 11

SDDawg
05-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Let's be clear since there seems to be some confusion on this point: the whole 4 years of Freeze has been a sham. The only authentic season they had was a 7 win season with a win at the Birmingham Bowl (with recruits receiving improper benefits in attendance). The rest is trumped up by playing ineligible players and systemic cheating. The Bama wins aren't real, the Egg Bowls involved multiple ineligible players, and on and on. Their Sugar Bowl as well - total fraud. I'm fine if you guys want to ignore it, but it's to your detriment. They're cheaters, they're caught, and they're going to have their records erased from the history books. Some of us will remember this for a long time and with good reason.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 02:53 PM
The had players with fraudulent ACT scores as early as 2010

Belegal
05-30-2016, 02:54 PM
See page 59 of the response about player 11

missouridawg
05-30-2016, 02:57 PM
See page 59 of the response about player 11

How about you link the response or just copy and paste what's so important from that page?

Goldendawg
05-30-2016, 02:59 PM
I remember the report on prospects showing up at the Birmingham Bowl and questions about how this happened and how they afforded the trip.

Goldendawg
05-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Just a brief explanation of page 59 would be appreciated. Just call him player 11. Thanks.

Belegal
05-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Not where I can right now-sorry

Reason2succeed
05-30-2016, 03:10 PM
If I remember correctly Mullen said we would never "lose" to that team again. He didn't say we would always win. Did he no something back then?

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 03:15 PM
Robertson all but verified my theory that Chris Low was the main mouthpiece. These clowns who put on their red and blue knee pads to do some Rebble "journalism" need to be humiliated for it.

RougeDawg
05-30-2016, 03:24 PM
Robertson all but verified my theory that Chris Low was the main mouthpiece. These clowns who put on their red and blue knee pads to do some Rebble "journalism" need to be humiliated for it.

Chris Blow and Asschaps have been spewing lie after lie and covering for Bucky Swaggart and the evangelist.

Goldendawg
05-30-2016, 03:24 PM
Of course UNM released this on a holiday weekend. Best of Finebaum on today, wonder what his take will be tomorrow? With some of the Alabama callers he regularly has, I look at the show as more of a soap opera at times rather accurately reporting on facts instead of opinions.

Leroy Jenkins
05-30-2016, 03:41 PM

Forfeiting means records will be adjusted and W-L records reversed. Vacated means game never took place as far as records are concerned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/4734/what-does-vacating-wins-really-mean

Belegal
05-30-2016, 04:14 PM
I can't post it but will type quote-"even after the allegations of testing fraud came to light in the fall of 2013, the enforcement staff informed the university that the information known at that time was insufficient to require withholding athlete 11 from competition and authorized the university to continue to allow athlete 11 to compete. The enforcement staff provided written assurances in October 2013 that, given the state of the investigation, the university would mot be at risk for knowingly playing an ineligible student athlete if student athlete 11 continued to compete in football contests" response pp 59-60

bobtail bob
05-30-2016, 04:20 PM
Ineligible players and cloaking benefits behind the "I'm just heppin the young man and his family" mantra. Soon, very soon the landshart fanbase will be spitting on buck freeze. That connection to the Jax religious leader was something I hadn't heard covered.

Dolphus Raymond
05-30-2016, 04:36 PM
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) findings are just disgusting to me. Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss were using FCA as a recruiting arm. This FCA guy goes out of his way to provide Christian guidance to four kids that Hugh Freeze just happened to be recruiting then, once he has established rapport with them, he drives them to Ole Miss for un-official visits. Then this man of the Lord accompanies Hugh Freeze on an in home visit. I hope the NCAA crucifies (pun intended) Ole Miss and I am confident they will.

smootness
05-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Forfeiting means records will be adjusted and W-L records reversed. Vacated means game never took place as far as records are concerned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/4734/what-does-vacating-wins-really-mean

I'm not sure that is completely correct. It may act as though it never took place in regard to head-to-head series records, but a vacated win still counts as a loss on the official record of the team that lost the game.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Simply put, vacating wins doesn't affect the opponent.

The vacater effectively didn't play the vacated game; the opponent still lost. Sort of dumb really.

smootness
05-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Simply put, vacating wins doesn't affect the opponent.

The vacater effectively didn't play the vacated game; the opponent still lost. Sort of dumb really.

Yes, this is correct.

spbdawg
05-30-2016, 06:01 PM
#

RocketDawg
05-30-2016, 06:10 PM
Can someone provide a link to the OM response? I've seen the NOA, but not their response to it.

Riotous Thinking
05-30-2016, 06:58 PM
http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

That should take you to the letter and you can click the response link in the first paragraph. 154 pages,

RocketDawg
05-30-2016, 07:03 PM
http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

That should take you to the letter and you can click the response link in the first paragraph. 154 pages,

Thanks!