PDA

View Full Version : OM has put themselves in the company of Baylor, Penn State, and SMU

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 09:54 AM
Football culture in all of those settings trumped basic morality.

In Oxford it seems you can still be a hero if you beat fellow students half to death. Apparently it's okay to encourage your daughters to sexually demean themselves to entice low-character athletes. Apparently it's not that big a deal for one brother to finish his career in psychiatric ICU and the other in court for the same or similar substance.

Bad things happen everywhere, but the folks in charge in Oxford have aided and abetted and lied and rationalized and created an environment that any decent parent should examine closely before they send an 18-year-old there.

They've lost their way in Oxford. They've lied to journalists, to recruits, to students, to parents. I hope the NCAA realizes what's at stake. It's bigger than SEC football.

Mutt the Hoople
05-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Also, is there a link between Ole Miss, and the murder of Jessica Chambers?

Jack Lambert
05-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Penn State hurt kids. It's hard to top that.

Dolphus Raymond
05-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Penn State and Baylor are in a league of their own.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 12:06 PM
Penn State and Baylor are in a league of their own.

Once you broadly and systematically toss your ethics away so you can buy and keep players, you are in the Penn State Club. Ask Mrs Rkimdeche if kids were hurt at Ole Miss.

TUSK
05-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Football culture in all of those settings trumped basic morality.

In Oxford it seems you can still be a hero if you beat fellow students half to death. Apparently it's okay to encourage your daughters to sexually demean themselves to entice low-character athletes. Apparently it's not that big a deal for one brother to finish his career in psychiatric ICU and the other in court for the same or similar substance.

Bad things happen everywhere, but the folks in charge in Oxford have aided and abetted and lied and rationalized and created an environment that any decent parent should examine closely before they send an 18-year-old there.

They've lost their way in Oxford. They've lied to journalists, to recruits, to students, to parents. I hope the NCAA realizes what's at stake. It's bigger than SEC football.

lyin', doin' spice, fightin' and prostitution doesn't quite wig me out as much as 50-60 year old man raping a little boy.... but that's just me.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 12:41 PM
I get the impression that OM winked while the Rkimdashians both nearly killed themselves. One big difference is that OM is trying to normalize what they did... just a little dope... just a 3000 dollar "loan" just a little ACT adjustment, etc. Penn State hid what they did.. they didn't try to make it the norm.

I wouldn't take issue with anyone saying Penn State was worse... I just believe they both descended into the arena of by-any-means-necessary. Other schools are there with them.... I'd rather lose every game.