PDA

View Full Version : D1Baseball.com's Final projection

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 01:15 AM
If Cadaver doesn't beat me to this:

Aaron Fitt is one of the three that picks this and he claims to have gone 64 for 64 last year. FWIW. Anyway- they have us as the fifth National Seed opposite of the Florida State regional with:

Cal State Fullerton as the two, Georgia Tech as the three, and Fairfield as the four.

And as the Elitedawgs baseball gurus predicted Ole Miss gets a very easy regional if they are correct.

Ole Miss is the host and one, USM as the two, Gonzaga as the three and Princeton as the four.

Ole Miss is projected to be across from the Texas Tech regional with Tech getting the 8th National Seed.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2016, 01:20 AM
Wow, I almost nailed our Regional in the other thread. Total bullshit if Ole Miss gets that Regional & is matched up with Texas Tech. Why does Ole Miss always get the Big 12 Matchups in Regionals while we always get paired with ACC Regionals? Serious question, I really want to know.

I hope they're wrong. Cal State and Georgia Tech are both solid. Ole Miss will cruise to Omaha if that projection is accurate, and that's garbage since we're the National Seed.

Oh well, I knew it.

HSVDawg
05-30-2016, 07:51 AM
I don't see any universe in which CSF would be a 2 seed and Georgia Tech a 3 seed. CSF went 35-21 against a pretty subpar west coast schedule and has an RPI of 42. GT went 36-23 against an ACC schedule and has an RPI of 20. Flip those two and he may be correct, however. Either way, I'd prefer not to have two historical powerhouse programs in our regional because you know they both have some talent.

GreenheadDawg
05-30-2016, 07:56 AM
If this is the case the got royally ****ed and OM can go ahead and make reservations in Omaha. Complete bullshit if this ends up being the case

Brando
05-30-2016, 08:58 AM
As usual. We get the prongs while NM skates by. Hopefully Fitt is off this time. FSU is gonna be a national seed correct? So how do we get put up against them and nlt Texas Tech. FSU chokes every yr anyway and Tech didnt impress me any. I watched them play UGA. Fullerton is one of those teams that will sneak up on you. Oh well, just win baby win....

Brando
05-30-2016, 08:58 AM
I don't see any universe in which CSF would be a 2 seed and Georgia Tech a 3 seed. CSF went 35-21 against a pretty subpar west coast schedule and has an RPI of 42. GT went 36-23 against an ACC schedule and has an RPI of 20. Flip those two and he may be correct, however. Either way, I'd prefer not to have two historical powerhouse programs in our regional because you know they both have some talent.

CSF won their conference. Im sure that is why they are a 2.

HSVDawg
05-30-2016, 09:10 AM
CSF won their conference. Im sure that is why they are a 2.

Yeah, but their conference sucks. I could see them being one of the last 2 seeds taken, but no way are they a 2 in the same regional as Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech is a solid 2. They were in the hosting discussion as recently as a week or two ago.

bobcat91
05-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Baseball America has us paired with the NC State regional with our bracket having UC Santa Barbara, GT and Princeton, They have UM paired with the Miami regional. I like that one better.

Brando
05-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Yeah, but their conference sucks. I could see them being one of the last 2 seeds taken, but no way are they a 2 in the same regional as Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech is a solid 2. They were in the hosting discussion as recently as a week or two ago.

Oh im not saying your wrong at all. I agree. If we had that regional with CSF and GT as 2 and 3 seeds, we would really have 2 2 seeds and a 4 seed. Im just saying that they are not gonna make a team like CSF a 3 seed since they won their conference.

Brando
05-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Baseball America has us paired with the NC State regional with our bracket having UC Santa Barbara, GT and Princeton, They have UM paired with the Miami regional. I like that one better.

I like that one much better. I think we can throw Houston then Hudson against GT, then come back with Sexton against either GT or UCSB. Then I think we beat NC State pretty easily.

smootness
05-30-2016, 09:38 AM
GT has been a 3 in all the recent projections I've seen.

HSVDawg
05-30-2016, 10:10 AM
GT has been a 3 in all the recent projections I've seen.

Upon further examination, they did finish 9th in the ACC with a 13-16 record. So that's probably why. But the ACC was an odd conference this year. You had Louisville, Miami, and Virginia at the top, followed by 10 teams after that which were all jumbled together. Then Va Tech at the bottom who was truly the only bad team in the whole league. I still think finishing 9th in that league this year is more impressive than winning the Big West. A similar comparison would be when we finished 8th or 9th in the SEC in football a few years ago, and went on to the Liberty Bowl and spanked the CUSA champ.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2016, 10:18 AM
Georgia Tech is tough and has some good wins, but they are seeded properly as a 3 seed. Most have them as one of the final 4-5 at large teams. Cal State was borderline hosting two weeks ago, so a 2 seed is accurate.

Florida State is likely not a National Seed, but Clemson likely is.

I think we are paired with NC State, FSU, or Virginia. Hopefully NC State or Virginia

CadaverDawg
05-30-2016, 10:23 AM
I think Hudson and Sexton will look much better against Non-SEC foes. When good hitters face a pitcher a couple of times in one season, they pick up on tendencies. I just don't see Hudson or Sexton getting hit well against anyone not in the SEC moving forward. But that may just be my wishful thinking. I'm typically pessimistic though, ha

Brando
05-30-2016, 10:59 AM
I think Hudson and Sexton will look much better against Non-SEC foes. When good hitters face a pitcher a couple of times in one season, they pick up on tendencies. I just don't see Hudson or Sexton getting hit well against anyone not in the SEC moving forward. But that may just be my wishful thinking. I'm typically pessimistic though, ha

Thays what i wad trying to get at above. I think they roll on through the regional and the supers. Especially with Houston hopefully emerging as a good #3 or #4 starter. Mangum will be Mangum, Lowe is gonna rake as usual, and Collins will be Collins
He will either hit it 440 ft or pop it up. Even though more recently he has syatting taking the ball the other way ALOT better. We just gotta get Rook and Hump back going.