PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt's Podcast

mechdog
05-29-2016, 08:39 PM
http://buff.ly/1UdnJFr

I know how many of you feel about Matt. I disagree with most of you in that I think Matt does a good job without stooping to the homerism of OM guys like Dick Cross, but that's beside the point.

In his solo podcast this week he specifically addresses the OM investigation and, at the end, talks about how he was misled by his OM sources. I think this is the most interesting part of the podcast.

A little back story: many of you probably listened to Matt's podcast back in January when he had Rosebowl on to talk recruiting. Towards the end of that podcast, Steve gave his two cents on the investigation. Matt said that soon after that podcast was released, an OLE MISS COACH called him to tell him that everything in the NOA other than Tunsil stuff was under previous regimes. This happened on the same day that a couple of other media members released articles citing "OM sources" and downplaying the allegations against the current staff.

So it's obvious now that Ole Miss had their coaches calling and lying to media members to downplay the reports and get through signing day with minimal damage. Just some more details behind something we all figured was going on.

Boodawg
05-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Matt shouldn't have been so gullible to believe OM folks over his own. I don't mind Matt but to believe what they were spewing is just ignorant

Jack Lambert
05-29-2016, 09:58 PM
Matt shouldn't have been so gullible to believe OM folks over his own. I don't mind Matt but to believe what they were spewing is just ignorant

Well he gets his ***** from one of them. It's called "whipped".

Boodawg
05-29-2016, 10:02 PM
He shouldn't have been so quick to downplay it just because he heard from an OM coach. Does he believe everything he hears? Not a good idea. Especially coming from OM sources.

dawgoneyall
05-29-2016, 10:03 PM
http://buff.ly/1UdnJFr

I know how many of you feel about Matt. I disagree with most of you in that I think Matt does a good job without stooping to the homerism of OM guys like Dick Cross, but that's beside the point.

In his solo podcast this week he specifically addresses the OM investigation and, at the end, talks about how he was misled by his OM sources. I think this is the most interesting part of the podcast.

A little back story: many of you probably listened to Matt's podcast back in January when he had Rosebowl on to talk recruiting. Towards the end of that podcast, Steve gave his two cents on the investigation. Matt said that soon after that podcast was released, an OLE MISS COACH called him to tell him that everything in the NOA other than Tunsil stuff was under previous regimes. This happened on the same day that a couple of other media members released articles citing "OM sources" and downplaying the allegations against the current staff.

So it's obvious now that Ole Miss had their coaches calling and lying to media members to downplay the reports and get through signing day with minimal damage. Just some more details behind something we all figured was going on.

He should have known better. Bottom line.
But maybe he learned his lesson.....never, never believe those lying bastards again. Never.

mechdog
05-29-2016, 10:14 PM
That's fair. And I believe he's apologized for misleading his Twitter followers/listeners.

But again, I didn't start this to defend or attack Matt. I think we've beaten that dead horse in other threads. I was just surprised that he was fed this directly by coaches. Shows just how puckered they are right now. Gotta learn to not be surprised by anything that bunch does.

Reason2succeed
05-29-2016, 10:25 PM
We all knew exactly what they were doing real time. He should have figured it out as well. All they were doing was trying to secure another recruiting class by any means necessary.

Going forward though, I hope the NCAA allows all of their 2016 commits to transfer without sitting out.

Bucky Dog
05-29-2016, 10:37 PM
We all knew exactly what they were doing real time. He should have figured it out as well. All they were doing was trying to secure another recruiting class by any means necessary.

Going forward though, I hope the NCAA allows all of their 2016 commits to transfer without sitting out.

I disagree. I hope they make them all stay and play because they were mostly all on the take as well!

RougeDawg
05-29-2016, 10:47 PM
F*ck Matt. If he's that much of a dumbass he needs to be gone quicker than I originally believed. He's already a dumbf*ck for even marrying a bearshart in the first place.

It should have been easier to comprehend OM was cheating and said coach was lying just like Father Beav, than it would be to comprehend water is wet.

Matt needs his walking papers so he can go get dick stomped by he bears while not representing us.

Reason2succeed
05-29-2016, 10:49 PM
F*ck Matt. If he's that much of a dumbass he needs to be gone quicker than I originally believed. He's already a dumbf*ck for even marrying a bearshart in the first place.

It should have been easier to comprehend OM was cheating and said coach was lying just like Father Beav, than it would be to comprehend water is wet.

Matt needs his walking papers so he can go get dick stomped by he bears while not representing us.

Now that you've got that out tell us what you really feel about him.***

mparkerfd20
05-29-2016, 10:54 PM

I see we read from the same page. You must spread reputation....

RougeDawg
05-30-2016, 01:15 AM
we should demand he change the name to "Matt's Puddcast". Much more appropriate for his OM pandering gibberish.

Jarius
05-30-2016, 06:46 AM
Matt appears to be done listening to and taking up for them on this issue. Whether you like him or not, he can be a very big voice in this state and we need him to take a stance against their horseshit. I think he will at this point.

mic
05-30-2016, 07:36 AM
Matt appears to be done listening to and taking up for them on this issue. Whether you like him or not, he can be a very big voice in this state and we need him to take a stance against their horseshit. I think he will at this point.

He should have from the start...
Hell Matt tell us who the coach is that lied to you.. He made u look like a jackass.. Return the favor...

Duckdog
05-30-2016, 09:59 AM
F'em he's always been a douche. PUT IN WAYNE!

archdog
05-30-2016, 10:34 AM
Is he not on a show called head to head? That show opened with a special with Devinner against Redmond, and he cannot even mention the widespread cheating in the NOA? I want my counterpart on head to head to go head to head against dick cross on every issue. He is more or less our figurehead, and should represent us in every argument with that Ascot wearing group of metro men known as UM fans.

AlSwearengen
05-30-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm skeptical as hell of anything they put out, but if I were Wyatt in that situation, I would report it as given to me by "olemiss sources" and be sure to let everyone know that it came from an olemiss source.

I am assuming that Wyatt wants to have "sources" in the future that trust him not to name names, therefore he can't tell us who fed him the bullshit.

Joe Schmedlap
05-30-2016, 11:11 AM
I completely agree. The show is called "Head to Head" but based on Matt Wyatt's tepid stance, it should be called "Dick (Cross) to Mouth (piece Matt)

Is he not on a show called head to head? That show opened with a special with Devinner against Redmond, and he cannot even mention the widespread cheating in the NOA? I want my counterpart on head to head to go head to head against dick cross on every issue. He is more or less our figurehead, and should represent us in every argument with that Ascot wearing group of metro men known as UM fans.

Dolphus Raymond
05-30-2016, 11:13 AM
I have been giving Wyatt the benefit of the doubt on this and will continue to do so for the time being. He had a source that, for whatever reason, he trusted. While I do not expect him to divulge his source, I do expect Wyatt to be much more aggressive from here on out.

TimberBeast
05-30-2016, 12:42 PM
F'em he's always been a douche. PUT IN WAYNE!

I agree that he needs to be pro State and drop the ole miss trust, but damn he saved Wayne's ass on a weekly basis. Wyatt! Wyatt! Wyatt!

DeputyDawg94
05-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Matt gets some respect back from me because he was big enough to admit he was wrong. Not so much wrong, but reported the lie he was told. I do hope Matt has contacted the coach that lied to him and called him out to his face. I think he has not pushed the issue on h2h because he and Rich are friends. Matt does not want Rich getting the Blevins/Mcready treatment and run out of the state.

dawgoneyall
05-30-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm skeptical as hell of anything they put out, but if I were Wyatt in that situation, I would report it as given to me by "olemiss sources" and be sure to let everyone know that it came from an olemiss source.

I am assuming that Wyatt wants to have "sources" in the future that trust him not to name names, therefore he can't tell us who fed him the bullshit.

What good is a "source" if they lie?