Miami
ULL
Louisville
Texas Tech
NC State
FSU

Brando
05-29-2016, 07:50 PM
Going to be interesting to see who we are paired up with. I hope NM gets paired with LSU. I hope we get ULL or Texas Tech. I think they are vastly overrated.

BayouDawg
05-29-2016, 07:54 PM
It seems like they always pair us with an ACC. I'm kind hopin to be paired with ULL or Texas Tech as well. But I think they're gonna give tech a natty seed

msstate7
05-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Will nc state be a national seed? If not, wonder if we could potentially be paired with them. Palmeiro could be back in town

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-29-2016, 08:09 PM
Did you notice that of the 16 sites named as hosts, all 16 teams were in the top 17 in RPI?

Coastal Carolina at 13 didn't get in. Virginia was 17.

It may be a coincidence, but all those who harped all season that RPI didn't matter that much, may want to rethink that.

aerodawg
05-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Going to be interesting to see who we are paired up with. I hope NM gets paired with LSU. I hope we get ULL or Texas Tech. I think they are vastly overrated.

I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to pair Ole Miss against LSU unless there are 9 SEC hosts. By rule they pair host sites by non-conference first. Basically if there are 8 SEC hosts then those hosts would all be paired against non conference hosts. With 9 that would be impossible. Typically, SEC teams would only meet in Supers if one of the teams was a 2-4 seed and won their Regional.

Outside Dawg
05-29-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to pair Ole Miss against LSU unless there are 9 SEC hosts. By rule they pair host sites by non-conference first. Basically if there are 8 SEC hosts then those hosts would all be paired against non conference hosts. With 9 that would be impossible. Typically, SEC teams would only meet in Supers if one of the teams was a 2-4 seed and won their Regional.

Correct. We wouldn't be paired with an sec team in supers because there aren't any expected to be seeded 2-4.

mparkerfd20
05-29-2016, 08:34 PM
We WILL be paired with Clemson. Book it.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Did you notice that of the 16 sites named as hosts, all 16 teams were in the top 17 in RPI?

It may be a coincidence, but all those who harped all season that RPI didn't matter that much, may want to rethink that.

It doesn't matter week one of the SEC season. And as me and the others said as long as we win it would take care of itself- and it did.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Basically they are all in the Southeast. That's going to sit well up north and out west.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 08:49 PM

I could see us being paired with Virginia or NC State as well. It depends on Clemson is a National Seed or not- I think there is a chance that they are.

Obviously we won't be paired with another National Seed or a SEC team, so based on pure conjecture that means we won't be paired with Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt for sure and then likely not Louisville, Miami, Texas Tech, and I would guess Clemson. I think ULL gets paired with LSU and then TCU will be paired with one of the Texas National Seeds. Florida State will likely be paired with Florida or Miami. So, unless I am leaving someone out that leaves us with NC State and Virginia. Based on my guesswork.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Basically they are all in the Southeast. That's going to sit well up north and out west.

The good news is no one up north cares about college baseball and same for out West. No one will notice. Just like we don't notice when no southern teams get a bid to the NCAA hockey tournament.

This is actually refreshing to see from the committee because the way that they were doing it was watering down the entire tournament. When the SEC Tournament has a better field than the CWS, that's a problem.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 08:53 PM
The good news is no one up north cares about college baseball and same for out West. No one will notice. Just like we don't notice when no southern teams get a bid to the NCAA hockey tournament.

This is actually refreshing to see from the committee because the way that they were doing it was watering down the entire tournament. When the SEC Tournament has a better field than the CWS, that's a problem.

It will be noticed. I agree it's refreshing from the committee but the BIG and the PAC will still bitch.

Offshore Dawg
05-29-2016, 08:57 PM
It will be noticed. I agree it's refreshing from the committee but the BIG and the PAC will still bitch.

Well then the ass holes can learn to play baseball

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 09:26 PM

The interesting thing about this whole issue is I haven't really noticed anyone from the Big 10 or PAC 12 bitching about it ever. It seems like it's always more of an issue with the talking heads on ESPN and the NCAA more than anything. It would be great if college baseball was big in the north and out west, but the reality is those teams are competing with MLB for fans. That's a losing battle for those schools. And awarding Massachusetts- Amherst a regional that they didn't really earn "to be fair" and "try to promote college baseball" isn't going to take fans away from the Red Sox game.

Jack Lambert
05-29-2016, 09:28 PM
i think it would be cool to be paired up with NC State. RP son I think is a SR this year.

msstate7
05-29-2016, 09:39 PM
i think it would be cool to be paired up with NC State. RP son I think is a SR this year.

Junior... Ops of .920, so having a good year

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 09:59 PM
The interesting thing about this whole issue is I haven't really noticed anyone from the Big 10 or PAC 12 bitching about it ever. It seems like it's always more of an issue with the talking heads on ESPN and the NCAA more than anything. It would be great if college baseball was big in the north and out west, but the reality is those teams are competing with MLB for fans. That's a losing battle for those schools. And awarding Massachusetts- Amherst a regional that they didn't really earn "to be fair" and "try to promote college baseball" isn't going to take fans away from the Red Sox game.

Hopefully you are right and they will see the wisdom (and I'm NOT being sarcastic) of all the regionals being Texas and east and Virginia and south. I totally agree with it. College baseball is a regional sport at best and this proves it. It's showcase needs to be in the only pace that gives a crap. To ME the CWS needs to be in Hoover or Atlanta.

HSVDawg
05-29-2016, 11:38 PM

This has always been the case. Many folks have correctly pointed out that you pretty much have to have a top 20 RPI in order to host (and generally top 12 or so to be a national seed). I think in the last 7 years or so there has only been 1 team outside the top 20 to host and only 2 or 3 teams outside the top 12 to be national seeds.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2016, 11:47 PM

Nope, Clemson will be a National Seed, so we won't be able to.

My bet is Virginia, NC State, or Florida State