PDA

View Full Version : Chadd Scott Changes His Tune

NYDawg
05-29-2016, 06:18 PM
NCAA should send clear message to Ole Miss in light of violations (http://gridironnow.com/ncaa-should-send-message-ole-miss-violations/)

msstate7
05-29-2016, 06:29 PM
I think he should be head of infractions till OM's case is resolved** I'd love for those to be the penalties

AlmostPositive
05-29-2016, 06:44 PM
It's telling that the changed his mind... previously his "friends" at Ole Miss lied to him about the accusations.

I think his recommendations should be Ole Miss's starting point, with the NCAA adding on where they see fir.

Dawgface
05-29-2016, 07:07 PM
I too would love for those to be the penalties. Possible.

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2016, 07:18 PM
It's important that NCAA levy enough penalties at Ole Miss to reasonably put them back in the same place or worse off than they were before Freeze got there and begun cheating at an unprecedented level. They must do this so that cheating isn't considered a viable way to build a sustainable football program.

dotcomdawg
05-29-2016, 07:19 PM
LOVE THIS!: "Ole Miss has lost the benefit of the doubt."

msudawg1200
05-29-2016, 07:25 PM
NCAA should send clear message to Ole Miss in light of violations (http://gridironnow.com/ncaa-should-send-message-ole-miss-violations/)

I just don't understand why they just kept blatantly lying about the whole thing. Did they think no one would find out? It just adds to the cheating and deception. The NCAA should consider the lies when handing out the punishment. If Freeze is such a "Super Christian" I don 't see how he could outright lie to recruits. I know he is their coach and they want to defend him, but if I were a Bear fan I'd be tired of his hypocritical bull.

BayouDawg
05-29-2016, 07:29 PM
I just don't understand why they just kept blatantly lying about the whole thing. Did they think no one would find out? It just adds to the cheating and deception. The NCAA should consider the lies when handing out the punishment. If Freeze is such a "Super Christian" I don 't see how he could outright lie to recruits. I know he is their coach and they want to defend him, but if I were a Bear fan I'd be tired of his hypocritical bull.

The reason they keep on lying to their fans is because the fans won't step up and demand answers. I don't know if the Bearsharts have such little self respect or if they're all just that stupid. If state was pulling this kind of crap I'd be screaming for heads to roll.

Apoplectic
05-29-2016, 07:31 PM
This is a good starting point except i would increase the s/s to 7 per year and add show cause for freezus.

The one organization and four individuals (boosters) having been found providing improper benefits to student-athletes should be disassociated with the program for 10 years.

Ole Miss should face a five-year probationary period during which the football program should lose five scholarships per year for a total of 25.

Ole Miss should face a two-year postseason ban in football beginning after the 2017 football season. This allows any current players to transfer from the school following this season without losing a postseason and makes potential recruits aware of the ban in plenty of time to inform their decision on which college to attend.

During this two-year postseason ban, the SEC should withhold the Rebels’ share of the conference’s College Football Playoff and bowl payouts, a sum which can approach $6 million annually depending on how many SEC teams participate in the Playoff, Playoff-associated bowls and other bowl games. A share of league revenue derived from the SEC Championship Game, another seven-figure payout, should also be withheld for the same duration.

Coach34
05-29-2016, 07:56 PM
It's simple:

OM is trying to save Freezus at all costs. He helps orchestrate #TheNetwork to allow them to do their thing. And they know that is the only way they can compete in the SEC- cheat better than everybody else.

They are doing everything possible to save Freezus

PassInterference
05-29-2016, 08:18 PM
For years, Ole Miss has been elite at public relations.

Crisis Management 101 is to own your mistakes. Admit failure and talk about how hard you will work to never let it happen again.

But Ole Miss has done the opposite of that. They lied to the media and the public. They deflected. They decieved. They claim their culture of cheating is insignificant and unworthy of stuff punishment.

They are failing miserably at PR. Media is nearly unanimously against them. No fan outside of Ole Miss thinks they deserve mercy.

It is amazing how hard they've dug in for this unwinnable battle.

Reason2succeed
05-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Wow! This from "the NOA is good news" guy. OM is about the be sacrificed upon the altar of the NCAA.

dawgoneyall
05-29-2016, 08:47 PM
It's simple:

OM is trying to save Freezus at all costs. He helps orchestrate #TheNetwork to allow them to do their thing. And they know that is the only way they can compete in the SEC- cheat better than everybody else.

Do you think they think if they save Freeze than can pick back up with illegal stuff.....but do it better/more secret?
That is my opinion but they fail to realize that everyone but their fans knew what was going on.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Do you think they think if they save Freeze than can pick back up with illegal stuff.....but do it better/more secret?
That is my opinion but they fail to realize that everyone but their fans knew what was going on.

THINK? That is certain. It won't matter if Freeze survives or not. The only way they stop is if they are shut down. It resumes the minute they do.

Spiderman
05-29-2016, 08:58 PM
It's simple:

100 % true. And that's per one of OM's top 15 boosters. (Personal friend)

MedDawg
05-29-2016, 09:03 PM

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 09:03 PM
The reason they keep on lying to their fans is because the fans won't step up and demand answers. I don't know if the Bearsharts have such little self respect or if they're all just that stupid. If state was pulling this kind of crap I'd be screaming for heads to roll.

Demand answers? The demanded what has been going on. Don't think for one second that whatever the NCAA does short of a MULTI year Death Penalty that it will stop either.

Dolphus Raymond
05-29-2016, 09:04 PM
The press smells blood and is turning on Ole Miss. All this and another NOA will land in their lap in the near future. It must suck to be an Ole Miss fan right now.

BayouDawg
05-29-2016, 09:20 PM
Demand answers? The demanded what has been going on. Don't think for one second that whatever the NCAA does short of a MULTI year Death Penalty that it will stop either.

oh I agree they brought this on themselves. I was just making the point that the administration continues to spout bs because the fans take it hook line and sinker and don't hold them accountable. Atleast they're consistent

Jack Lambert
05-29-2016, 09:26 PM
It's simple:

they should probably use the opportunity to let him go. He's not that good of a coach because with out the recruiting classes they bought and paid for they would be a 6 win team every year he has been there.

And he is a child molester.

BayouDawg
05-29-2016, 09:28 PM
they should probably use the opportunity to let him go. He's not that good of a coach because with out the recruiting classes they bought and paid for they would be a 6 win team every year he has been there.

And he is a child molester.
And he has a nose penis

Bucky Dog
05-29-2016, 10:33 PM
It's simple:

Has Wyatt or anyone else mentioned you and revealing the Network 2 years ago and how it has all proven to be true? I figured someone would want to talk to you again or at least mention the fact now!

lefty96
05-30-2016, 08:40 AM
It's simple:

It would seem to me that the smartest thing to do would be to cut Freeze loose it give the appearance of wanting to do right. I maybe wrong, but I would assume that finding a coach willing to play ball in exchange for millions and an SEC job wouldn't be hard to do or am I wrong on that?

BulldogBear
05-30-2016, 09:06 AM
They need HF because no one of repute would take that job if he is let go, especially if it's not over.

What are the odds the beautiful campus brings in some 3, 4 star guys that love it so much they "walk on" even though there's no scholarship for them?

gravedigger
05-30-2016, 09:46 AM

So when the media was fed these bs stories in the beginning, all these reporters decided to write in support.

As one writer said "it smelled fishy" all the way back to signing day of 2013.

Yet the bombardment of fluff.

NOW they are all fanning themselves and saying "Well I NEVAH!"

In the world of "Ripley's Believe it ir Not". Count me as NOT

Saltydog
05-30-2016, 10:03 AM
program and now they'll get their chance to do that w/o punishing one of the traditional powers of the league. It's a win/win for the NCAA "IF" they choose to do so.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 10:05 AM
We need to keep a registry of the sports writers who helped put out Ole Miss's party line. Aschoff, Sallee, the CL whores, Steven Godfrey numerous others. Every time they utter a sound, they should be asked if they are lying on their own, repeating a lie, or just too stupid to know the difference.

If Chris Low reports a half-time score for an Auburn game, ask him if Ross Bjork gave him that info.

If the Nashville Ledger stooge reports on a Callaway-Murrah game, ask him if he still thinks 4 out out 13 qualifies as "many."

Remind them how much they suck at the essential part of their jobs: telling the truth.

Reason2succeed
05-30-2016, 10:06 AM
I think that some of the media outside of Oxford's tentacles like Finebaum were just goading OM into this. Act like you believe them so that when it all comes out (and they all knew that it would all come out sooner or later) you can act like you were duped and can write articles or do shows about your complete personal outrage.

There was no benefit of them disagreeing with OM's spin because the facts were still being hidden and there was no way to prove the Bears wrong. So they played both sides. They were the Bears' best friends back then to keep their ratings high and now they are about to explode all over OM to take their ratings even higher.

AlmostPositive
05-30-2016, 10:26 AM
I think that some of the media outside of Oxford's tentacles like Finebaum were just goading OM into this. Act like you believe them so that when it all comes out (and they all knew that it would all come out sooner or later) you can act like you were duped and can write articles or do shows about your complete personal outrage.

There was no benefit of them disagreeing with OM's spin because the facts were still being hidden and there was no way to prove the Bears wrong. So they played both sides. They were the Bears' best friends back then to keep their ratings high and now they are about to explode all over OM to take their ratings even higher.

You are giving them far too much credit. Actual journalists do not do the sort of thing you suggested.

Tripp McNeely
05-30-2016, 10:30 AM
We need to keep a registry of the sports writers who helped put out Ole Miss's party line. Aschoff, Sallee, the CL whores, Steven Godfrey numerous others. Every time they utter a sound, they should be asked if they are lying on their own, repeating a lie, or just too stupid to know the difference.

If Chris Low reports a half-time score for an Auburn game, ask him if Ross Bjork gave him that info.

If the Nashville Ledger stooge reports on a Callaway-Murrah game, ask him if he still thinks 4 out out 13 qualifies as "many."

Remind them how much they suck at the essential part of their jobs: telling the truth.

Speaking of Godfrey, is he still around? I haven't heard a word from him in weeks

somebodyshotmypaw
05-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Speaking of Godfrey, is he still around? I haven't heard a word from him in weeks

Probably on one of his famous 3-week cocaine benders.