8 Texas Tech
7 Clemson
6 LSU
5 MSU
4 Louisville
3 Florida
2 Miami
1 aTM

What do y'all think? Hope we don't get phucked over.

msstate7
05-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Maybe fsu over Clemson, but I think you got it right

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 06:04 PM
LSU isn't going to get one. USC will get it over them. LSU and Ole Miss had to win the tournament to get a national seed. USCe at least won the East. LSU and Ole Miss didn't do shit.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Mine would be

8. USC
7. Clemson
6. Texas Tech
5. MSU
4. Florida
3. Louisville
2. A&M
1. Miami

RocketDawg
05-29-2016, 06:10 PM
8 Texas Tech
7 Clemson
6 LSU
5 MSU
4 Louisville
3 Florida
2 Miami
1 aTM

May be right, or close to right, but those are all Southern teams. None from the West Coast?

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 06:14 PM
I think it will be:

MSU, Texas A&M, Florida, and LSU out of the SEC- South Carolina loses out due to RPI and not being as hot as LSU. If the committee bases it on conference record more than RPI then South Carolina has the edge. Rumor is the committee is going to put an emphasis on a strong finish though- so therefore I'm going with LSU.

Miami, Louisville and I'm going with Clemson. They beat Florida State 2/3 and have a higher RPI.

Texas Tech

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 06:15 PM
May be right, or close to right, but those are all Southern teams. None from the West Coast?

No National Seeds from the West Coast this year. They will probably only get one regional if I had to guess- and that will probably be from a mid major.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 06:20 PM
I think it will be:

MSU, Texas A&M, Florida, and LSU out of the SEC- South Carolina loses out due to RPI and not being as hot as LSU. If the committee bases it on conference record more than RPI then South Carolina has the edge. Rumor is the committee is going to put an emphasis on a strong finish though- so therefore I'm going with LSU.

Miami, Louisville and I'm going with Clemson. They beat Florida State 2/3 and have a higher RPI.

Texas Tech

I just don't see them rewarding a team that has done nothing this year over a division winner. LSU has done nothing and I think RPI is WAY overrated. The committee has consistently shown conference tournaments don't mean crap. IMO LSU would have had to win the conference tournament to get a national seed. LSU has some really bad mid-week losses. Tulane owns them and will be a 2 seed in their regional.

Jacksondevildog
05-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Kendall Rogers seems to be pretty certain that LSU is getting a natty seed. That probably means that the Rebels will not get one.

RBritt
05-29-2016, 06:35 PM
I just hope we are paired with USM. Hope we don't get stuck with FSU or Nc State.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2016, 06:39 PM
A&M
Miami
Florida
Louisville
MSU
Texas Tech
Clemson
LSU

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 06:47 PM
I just hope we are paired with USM. Hope we don't get stuck with FSU or Nc State.

Why? We should be able to beat those teams fairly easily at home. FSU is one of the biggest chokers in all of college baseball.

RBritt
05-29-2016, 06:48 PM
I want an easy path is why but you are right with FSU.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 06:52 PM
I just don't see them rewarding a team that has done nothing this year over a division winner. LSU has done nothing and I think RPI is WAY overrated. The committee has consistently shown conference tournaments don't mean crap. IMO LSU would have had to win the conference tournament to get a national seed. LSU has some really bad mid-week losses. Tulane owns them and will be a 2 seed in their regional.

One bad thing about the SEC expanding is it created unbalanced schedules in baseball. See MSU and Ole Miss as exhibit A. We had to play at Florida, at Vanderbilt, at LSU, and Texas A&M at home. The only regional host contender out of the SEC we didn't catch was South Caorolina. Ole Miss didn't have to play Vandy or Florida during the regular season and only had to play South Carolina plus they got LSU at home.

What the unbalanced schedule has done in the eyes of the committee is it has devalued the regular season somewhat in the SEC. LSU has defeated Florida and Vanderbilt and they have some good midweek wins over ULL (Sun Belt Tournament champ), SELU and Louisiana Tech. They aren't going to get dinged too much losing to Tulane twice and McNeese State who are all RPI top 100 teams.

South Carolina really only has one impressive OOC win- Coastal Carolina- and they lost the series to Clemson and they also really only have one impressive SEC series win over Ole Miss. They lost serries to Vandy, UK, and Georgia and split with Florida. Then they didn't do anything in the SEC Tournament.

LSU has a better record against RPI 1-50 than South Carolina does as well a higher RPI.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 06:55 PM
I want an easy path is why but you are right with FSU.

I do too- but the reality is to win a championship we're going to have to play good people at some point. I think we get paired with USM and that could end up being the "mid-major" regional. We're in about as good a shape as we could hope to be.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2016, 06:59 PM
D1 just released their final predictions moments ago....

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/d1baseballs-final-host-projections/

CadaverDawg
05-29-2016, 07:01 PM
D1 just released their final predictions moments ago....

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/d1baseballs-final-host-projections/

They are torn on USM hosting...but I see USM hosting over a 7th SEC team like Vandy, as Rogers says in that link.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 07:27 PM
They are torn on USM hosting...but I see USM hosting over a 7th SEC team like Vandy, as Rogers says in that link.

I agree with you and Rogers. Although ULL hosting gives me just as much pause about that as seven SEC teams hosting does.

Mjoelner34
05-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Looks like no host for NITChampburg.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 07:41 PM
Looks like no host for NITChampburg.

I think ULL knocked them out.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 07:42 PM
So with seven host sites, I definitely see us getting four national seeds. Difference now is who is the fourth? Is it Cocks or Tigers? I'd like to think it would be cocks since LSU hasn't won any hardware this year but it probably will be the Tigers. Now the other question is do they put USM in our regional or Ole Miss'?

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-29-2016, 07:42 PM
So now, who do you think we're paired up with ?

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 07:49 PM
So now, who do you think we're paired up with ?

My random guess- USM, South Alabama, and Alabama State

Thick
05-29-2016, 07:52 PM
LSU isn't going to get one. USC will get it over them. LSU and Ole Miss had to win the tournament to get a national seed. USCe at least won the East. LSU and Ole Miss didn't do shit.

D1 baseball says LSU will be a national and USC is out.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Alabama St. is not your daddy's SWAC team. All you have to do is take a look at the last names of their players. Remember those Bethune-Cookman teams in the regional's in years past? That coach is now the coach at Ala. St. Name is Malendez. He is a native of Puerto Rico. In his 12 seasons at B-C, his teams won 11 conference championships. Not bad.

Members of his Ala. st. team include the names:
Amion
Ocasio
Camacho
Tellado
Estrada
Prioleau
Vazquez
Alicea
Biocic
Roblez
Valdez
Hernandez
Rivera
Rios

shoeless joe
05-29-2016, 08:22 PM
Alabama St. is not your daddy's SWAC team. All you have to do is take a look at the last names of their players. Remember those Bethune-Cookman teams in the regional's in years past? That coach is now the coach at Ala. St. Name is Malendez. He is a native of Puerto Rico. In his 12 seasons at B-C, his teams won 11 conference championships. Not bad.

Amion
Ocasio
Camacho
Tellado
Estrada
Prioleau
Vazquez
Alicea
Biocic
Roblez
Valdez
Hernandez
Rivera
Rios

Racist*

mparkerfd20
05-29-2016, 08:42 PM
From one minority group to another. Geesh. Hablamos Espa?ol @ Alabama St.?

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 09:40 PM
My random guess- USM, South Alabama, and Alabama State

That's a pretty hard regional for a national seed. I doubt they put both USM and South Alabama in our regional.

Jack Lambert
05-29-2016, 09:44 PM

Amion
Ocasio
Camacho
Tellado
Estrada
Prioleau
Vazquez
Alicea
Biocic
Roblez
Valdez
Hernandez
Rivera
Rios

Thanks to Obama in two years they could be loaded with a bunch of Cubans. As far as that goes and the number of good baseball players they produce I wouldn't mind seeing them in Starkville.

Taog Redloh
05-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Florida
Louisville
Texas A&M
Miami
MSU
Texas Tech
Ole Miss
Clemson

CadaverDawg
05-29-2016, 10:24 PM
A lot of the "experts" seem to think USM is going to ULL as the 2 seed.

Mark my words....Ole Miss will have an easier Regional than us on paper. They may not win it...but they'll have an easier road. We'll get a UC Santa Barbara or Cal State Fullerton plus a Georgia Tech or something like that in addition to Alabama State as our 4....and Ole Miss will get La Tech and Wake Forest or something, plus some nobody as a 4.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Oh, and D1 baseball is coming out with 1 final projected 64 tonight. I'll post a link to it in this thread when it comes out

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 10:29 PM
A lot of the "experts" seem to think USM is going to ULL as the 2 seed.

Mark my words....Ole Miss will have an easier Regional than us on paper. They may not win it...but they'll have an easier road. We'll get a UC Santa Barbara or Cal State Fullerton plus a Georgia Tech or something like that in addition to Alabama State as our 4....and Ole Miss will get La Tech and Wake Forest or something, plus some nobody as a 4.

I wonder why they think USM is going there? The only logic I can think of is that regional is obviously going to be the "mid major" regional.

It does seem like Ole Miss always gets a very favorable regional when they host. I think they got Stephen F Austin or Sam Houston State as a 2 seed one time. LOL.

ScottH
05-29-2016, 10:36 PM
Thanks to Obama in two years they could be loaded with a bunch of Cubans. As far as that goes and the number of good baseball players they produce I wouldn't mind seeing them in Starkville.

Minione needs to make inroads in Cuba ASAP. A few teams other than Miami will. One might as well be us. Good project to get Ralph involved with.

Taog Redloh
05-29-2016, 10:39 PM
Minione needs to make inroads in Cuba ASAP. A few teams other than Miami will. One might as well be us. Good project to get Ralph involved with.

The guy at Jackson State does a good job recruiting international players.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2016, 10:41 PM
I think a few possibilities are....
A&M paired with TCU...
LSU with ULL...
USCe with Clemson...
Florida with FSU...

So I'm thinking we could be paired with Virginia or NC State as likely choices

I think Ole Miss will be paired with Louisville or Texas Tech

Am I way off?

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 12:03 AM
I think a few possibilities are....
A&M paired with TCU...
LSU with ULL...
USCe with Clemson...
Florida with FSU...

So I'm thinking we could be paired with Virginia or NC State as likely choices

I think Ole Miss will be paired with Louisville or Texas Tech

Am I way off?

I think that is likely. The only question I have is whether Clemson is a National Seed or not. That is the key to what we are thinking being correct.

The other thing that I want to see is how much the committee is going to go by RPI with the rest of the field since they leaned heavily on it with the hosts.

War Machine Dawg
05-30-2016, 12:27 AM
8 Texas Tech
7 Clemson
6 LSU
5 MSU
4 Louisville
3 Florida
2 Miami
1 aTM

We won the SEC. If we aren't the top seeded SEC team, what's the ****ing point? The only team we didn't beat head-to-head was aTm. We should be no worse than 2 or 3, imo.