PDA

View Full Version : Oxford newspaper says NCAA should be disbanded for coming after tsun.

starkvegasdawg
05-29-2016, 02:57 PM
http://oxfordcitizen.com/2016/05/29/ncaa-case-om-shows-lot-time-money/

Evidently, the good Christian folk that wave the red and blue don't care that rules were broken. They just want to see a good game. Maybe one of the investigators will see this article while enjoying the majesty that is the square.

AlSwearengen
05-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Maybe the NCAA needs to see this. Just so they know what they are dealing with.

confucius say
05-29-2016, 03:07 PM
I think people are discounting the academic fraud, but maybe I'm wrong. Like this article says that Saunders and Vaughn already have been dealt with and implies that nothing much will come of the academic fraud. I'll be surprised if that's the case. Ask usm basketball.

Dawgowar
05-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Wow, keeping this one on the reading list.

Somebody's plantation owner mentality is a wee bit offended that phony elite status has been exposed. "How dare you NCAA! Do you know who our Daddies are? Do you know who we are?"

That editorial/posting/whatever it was captures that schools since of self-entitlement better than anything one could say about them. "We're special!"

It's going to be funny when this goes well beyond the question of bowl eligibility (particularly because he uses that 'Ole Miss feels it's not warranted' attitude) What will he do when the next round starts unravelling?

Those coaches paid the price for the ACT as you said, but your rogue school has systemically benefited from that system for how many administrations? Good grief.

They make it really easy to not like any facet about them.

Coackjek
05-29-2016, 03:38 PM
I think people are discounting the academic fraud, but maybe I'm wrong. Like this article says that Saunders and Vaughn already have been dealt with and implies that nothing much will come of the academic fraud. I'll be surprised if that's the case. Ask usm basketball.

This mindset blows my mind. Yes, those"coaches" have been dealt with. Yes, those"coaches" were working at a different school now. But why do they think they are excused when their TEAM benefited from said "coaches" actions? Especially, when those coaches worked in conjunction with their current had coach.

msbulldog
05-29-2016, 03:40 PM
but your rogue school has systemically benefited from that system for how many administrations? Good grief.

Complete loss of institutional control.

Dawgcentral
05-29-2016, 03:44 PM
This is the perfect reason for leaving Hugh's upcoming deposition unsealed. Uncovering the truth can be expensive. Almost as expensive as hiding it. Yet without truth, where the hell are we as human beings?

Don't complain about the cost of prosecution or defense when you are the one creating the need for it.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 03:47 PM
The NCAA REALLY needs to see that because you know that is the party line for sure. The arrogance is stupendous. The contempt they hold for the NCAA and it's rules just oozes from every sentence. Unreal.

BrunswickDawg
05-29-2016, 03:51 PM
If I were an OM fan I would also be questioning spending $1.5 million defending this so far. 2 outside councils? Really? Don't you already have ex-NCAA people working compliance? Don't you already produce soooo many top notch legal minds that you couldn't get some alum to do it gratis? Bracky probably handled our response for his regular paycheck and an extra bag of Cheetos.

Reason2succeed
05-29-2016, 03:56 PM
These folks belong in the looney bin but instead they are writing editorials for the Offord Citizen. Does anyone understand that last paragraph about the $1,000 penalty and probation a long time ago?

I hope the NCAA buries those turds.

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Dan Wolken going off on the bears about this article right now

https://twitter.com/DanWolken

Coackjek
05-29-2016, 04:14 PM
If I were an OM fan I would also be questioning spending $1.5 million defending this so far. 2 outside councils? Really? Don't you already have ex-NCAA people working compliance? Don't you already produce soooo many top notch legal minds that you couldn't get some alum to do it gratis? Bracky probably handled our response for his regular paycheck and an extra bag of Cheetos.

Literally shot dr. Pepper out of my nose and choked on what was left. So much fark material with any picture of Bracky adding Chester Cheeta and a case of Cheetos.

DawgHouseUnited
05-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Wow, keeping this one on the reading list.

Somebody's plantation owner mentality is a wee bit offended that phony elite status has been exposed. "How dare you NCAA! Do you know who our Daddies are? Do you know who we are?"

That editorial/posting/whatever it was captures that schools since of self-entitlement better than anything one could say about them. "We're special!"

It's going to be funny when this goes well beyond the question of bowl eligibility (particularly because he uses that 'Ole Miss feels it's not warranted' attitude) What will he do when the next round starts unravelling?

Those coaches paid the price for the ACT as you said, but your rogue school has systemically benefited from that system for how many administrations? Good grief.

They make it really easy to not like any facet about them.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/im06nY8RSa0aA/200_s.gif

Dawgowar
05-29-2016, 04:22 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/im06nY8RSa0aA/200_s.gif

I are laughing. Perfect

starkvegasdawg
05-29-2016, 04:24 PM
Dan Wolken going off on the bears about this article right now

https://twitter.com/DanWolken

He must read ED. Worded his tweet almost verbatim to my OP.

BulldogBear
05-29-2016, 04:25 PM
These folks belong in the looney bin but instead they are writing editorials for the Offord Citizen. Does anyone understand that last paragraph about the $1,000 penalty and probation a long time ago?

I hope the NCAA buries those turds.

Me too. I hope the NCAA pays at least a little attention to drivel like thus so as the see the culture of corruption that pervades that fanbase/alumni/administration from top to bottom. They are a disgrace to collegiate athletics and the SEC. They have also become a disgrace to Christians in other fan/alumni bases.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
05-29-2016, 04:26 PM
These are some of the dumbest people ive ever seen.http://utbblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/hysterical.gif

I_Spy
05-29-2016, 04:52 PM
OM is an affront to the NCAA bc Freeze runs his mouth. The best coach ever would have had those football teams with no more than 1 loss the past few years. Common sense.
So basically OM cheats like the women's basketball but you know the foundation is lacking so all these 5 stars just make money for the school which by their leadership is who we all dislike in our state. Ridiculous

I_Spy
05-29-2016, 04:54 PM
The facts have already proven themselves bc what we say will happen does.

I_Spy
05-29-2016, 05:05 PM
For a few years they were a 7 win team, which was as average as their women's basketball infractions. Given the teams in the SEC that went into a slump ...7 wins 3 1st round and how many others

You will say Hugh was new and I will say no excuse. If I look back Hugh has been around OM all his life how new can he be.

TrapGame
05-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Whoever let this article go to print needs an ass whooping. They actually think this helps their cause? Sure, while we are STILL being investigated by the NCAA let's just spit in their face and call them worthless.

Brilliant move genius!

Martianlander
05-29-2016, 05:12 PM
Even admit the unm fan base doesn't care about improper benefits. We know they don't but the other NCAA schools do.

I_Spy
05-29-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't know why any would sign up for OM where he had all these players but it was all about him. He beats bama, he's changing narrative, he understands coaching...

It isn't about the players to him anyway.

I_Spy
05-29-2016, 05:31 PM
I said it years back "it's a shame they gotta risk NCAA sanctions for some 7 win team"

With 3 1st round NFL draft picks

JoseBrown
05-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Wonder what that fellow would think if Laremy Tunsil and CJ Hampton were driving around in loaner Titans and Challengers, while playing for Bama and waxing their ass at Vaught-Hemingway? Wonder if his attitude about the NCAA would be any different?

JoseBrown
05-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Even admit the unm fan base doesn't care about improper benefits. We know they don't but the other NCAA schools do.

They sure cared about them when The Kang whipped their asses didn't they? Bunch of arrogant pricks!

LC Dawg
05-29-2016, 05:37 PM
These idiots keep pointing out that it's only $15,000 in benefits so it's not a big deal. There were three guys (that they can prove) that gained a free ride to Ole Miss by cheating on the ACT. I know an Ole Miss education isn't worth but a few hundred dollars but that should be added to the total. Seriously though, Ole Miss has spent 1.5 million to try to limit the punishment to what has been proven. They have all this legal help because they know there is so much more that may be uncovered.

AlmostPositive
05-29-2016, 05:40 PM
If that article is representative of even 10% of their fan base, our culture is in serious decline.

Looking back, it's easy why it took 5000 federal troops to keep James Meredith alive there in '62 .

SailingDawg
05-29-2016, 05:40 PM
If all these boosters, and certainly many of them lawyers, are willing to pour thousands into recruits and taking care of players, then why can't the school find enough pro-bono work from alumni to save them the $1.5MM?

BTW I went to high school with school counsel Tyner. He was a straight-laced Baptist who was certainly a man of high integrity. I wonder how he feels about Rev Freeze and his shenanigans now?

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2016, 05:41 PM
These idiots keep pointing out that it's only $15,000 in benefits so it's not a big deal. There were three guys (that they can prove) that gained a free ride to Ole Miss by cheating on the ACT. I know an Ole Miss education isn't worth but a few hundred dollars but that should be added to the total. Seriously though, Ole Miss has spent 1.5 million to try to limit the punishment to what has been proven. They have all this legal help because they know there is so much more that may be uncovered.

Everyone is missing the point. $15,000 of benefits has nothing to do with what their penalties will be. What the NCAA believes Ole Miss did is what will determine their penalties.

HSVDawg
05-29-2016, 05:43 PM
The hilarious thing to me is OM fans bitching about the "inconvenience" of having to spend $1.5 million on outside counsel, like it was something they had to do. They could have easily used the university's own counsel for free and there's only one reason they wouldn't. And that is they have a shitload to hide and need the best lawyers money can buy to help cover everything up.