PDA

View Full Version : Postseason baseball and Mississippi

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 02:57 PM
1. We're a National Seed. No Mora excuses.

2. Ole Miss is going to be a regional host but they lost their chance at a National Seed yesterday. Click an ad Ole Miss lurkers with 12 usernames.

3. USM is going to host if they win the C-USA Tournament. It's 1-1 right now. If they do, I expect them to be paired up with us. If not, I expect them to go to a regional most likely to Starkville but Oxford and Baton Rouge are not out of the question. The fact that they played Ole Miss in Oxford already and that Tulane won't host makes me think that they most likely go to Starkville if they lose today.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Yeah, we have to play 10000000000x better then we did last week and this team can. Exactly Todd. No more excuses.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 03:13 PM
1. We're a National Seed. No Mora excuses.

2. Ole Miss is going to be a regional host but they lost their chance at a National Seed yesterday. Click an ad Ole Miss lurkers with 12 usernames.

3. USM is going to host if they win the C-USA Tournament. It's 1-1 right now. If they do, I expect them to be paired up with us. If not, I expect them to go to a regional most likely to Starkville but Oxford and Baton Rouge are not out of the question. The fact that they played Ole Miss in Oxford already and that Tulane won't host makes me think that they most likely go to Starkville if they lose today.

I'd love to be paired up with the USM regional with a chance to go to Omaha.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 03:21 PM
I'd love to be paired up with the USM regional with a chance to go to Omaha.

I would too- without knowing who would be in their bracket.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Tulane could put LSU out before they even got to the supers.

msbulldog
05-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Think about the attendance at Dudy-Noble for a super with USM. Might never break that mark, might also involve some fisticuffs!

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Tulane could put LSU out before they even got to the supers.

I saw Tulane play USM this year. Their midweek guy, JP France- who beat LSU twice- is an absolute beast. He shut out USM the night I watched them play. I have no idea why they didn't use him in their rotation.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Think about the attendance at Dudy-Noble for a super with USM. Might never break that mark, might also involve some fisticuffs!

We should have Scott Berry arrested. I think a SR at Dudy-Noble would draw more than we did in 2007- it's just going to be nuts. Whomever we play. USM would just add to it though.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 03:41 PM
USM up 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th right now.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Quick question, so if Florida doesn't win the national title in the next couple of seasons, do they fire O'Sullivan? MacMahon did more with less then O'Sullivan and he was fired. They fired Andy Lopez who won a national title at Pepperdine before being the Florida coach and a national title at Arizona after being the Florida coach. They have shit for fan support but yet they get all of these great arms there. Another interesting question, would O'Sullivan be fired if they didn't make Omaha this year?

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 03:47 PM
And no I don't think that O'Sullivan would deserve to be fired if he didn't get to Omaha. I am just going by what Jeremy Foley's idiot ass has done with that baseball program.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Nah, it will only about 10 people over our usual crowds.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 03:56 PM
And no I don't think that O'Sullivan would deserve to be fired if he didn't get to Omaha. I am just going by what Jeremy Foley's idiot ass has done with that baseball program.

There was more to it. Andy Lopez was HATED by many of his players and he didn't offer scholarships to some local Florida players that their alumni thought should have gotten offers. That was a big reason why he was let go. It was very political. Pat McMahon was let go after going .500 and then having a losing season the next year.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 04:04 PM
There was more to it. Andy Lopez was HATED by many of his players and he didn't offer scholarships to some local Florida players that their alumni thought should have gotten offers. That was a big reason why he was let go. It was very political. Pat McMahon was let go after going .500 and then having a losing season the next year.

Well, Lopez got the last laugh and has another Natty so Lopez 2 UF 0. I hope UF never gets a national title in baseball. I am not a fan of their program.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Well, Lopez got the last laugh and has another Natty so Lopez 2 UF 0. I hope UF never gets a national title in baseball. I am not a fan of their program.

Me either. Lopez is a good coach- but sometimes baseball parents and players think that the coach has to be nice all the time as well.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 04:16 PM
And USM just won the C-USA Tournament 3-2 where the last out was a guy gunned down at home trying to tie the game. Wow!

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Me either. Lopez is a good coach- but sometimes baseball parents and players think that the coach has to be nice all the time as well.

All that "talent" Florida has and they may not win a single thing this year...

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 05:37 PM
All that "talent" Florida has and they may not win a single thing this year...

Has to be shocking to the Florida announcers who think that Florida is up there with 1927 Yankees. One of my favorite moments of this year was when their announcer said he just wasn't all that impressed with Zac Houston's stuff- and then Zac struck out the side.

MarketingBully
05-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Sulli pulled a Cohen those last two innings and pitched pitchers that will not sniff the post season. The result you ask? 9 unanswered runs in the last two innings.

AlmostPositive
05-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Has to be shocking to the Florida announcers who think that Florida is up there with 1927 Yankees. One of my favorite moments of this year was when their announcer said he just wasn't all that impressed with Zac Houston's stuff- and then Zac struck out the side.

Those two clowns for Florida were the biggest douchebag homers I heard all year. (There were no close seconds.)

State82
05-29-2016, 05:50 PM
And USM just won the C-USA Tournament 3-2 where the last out was a guy gunned down at home trying to tie the game. Wow!

That was one heckuva ballgame. USM is definitely for real.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-29-2016, 08:30 PM
3. USM is going to host if they win the C-USA Tournament.

Maybe you are correct, but I'm just not seeing it. Too many good SEC and ACC teams. I don't think they host. We will find out when they release it I guess.

mparkerfd20
05-29-2016, 08:35 PM
USM is NOT hosting. May be a 1 seed somewhere else tho.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 08:38 PM
USM is NOT hosting. May be a 1 seed somewhere else tho.

I think they are a two seed.

mparkerfd20
05-29-2016, 08:41 PM
I think they are a two seed.
Probably either at Ole Miss or LSU.

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 08:52 PM
Probably either at Ole Miss or LSU.

Or Starkville. I think Tulane will be the two at LSU.

BossDawg
05-29-2016, 11:21 PM
Todd, what are your opinions on the tournament? There are lots of our fans getting ready to jump off a cliff because of what happened, but I don't think it was that big of a deal. I also think the team didn't think it was a big deal and Cohen used it as a chance to get some guys into the lineup and prepare for regionals.

Is that a fair assessment?

Todd4State
05-30-2016, 12:10 AM
Todd, what are your opinions on the tournament? There are lots of our fans getting ready to jump off a cliff because of what happened, but I don't think it was that big of a deal. I also think the team didn't think it was a big deal and Cohen used it as a chance to get some guys into the lineup and prepare for regionals.

Is that a fair assessment?

I think your assessment is fair. Most of our issues were defensive and I think Cohen remembers our pitching staff being burned out last time. Plus LSU and Florida were highly motivated to beat us and LSU needed to do well in the SEC Tournament to try to get a National Seed. We didn't even pitch Rigby or Humphreys at all. I do think that they were embarrassed (their words ) and it makes it less likely that they will be upset in a regional.

There is no correlation between doing well and winning the SEC Tournament and doing well in the NCAA's.