PDA

View Full Version : Just a little heppin through the FCA.......

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 10:20 AM
http://djournal.com/sports/memphis-booster-tells-side-story/

Parrish Alford to the rescue again. His spin on this is hilarious, and obviously straight out of Oxford.

starkvegasdawg
05-29-2016, 10:27 AM
Hallelujah and pass the show cause.

DownwardDawg
05-29-2016, 10:55 AM
I'm a Christian, and it sickens me how ole miss is using religion to benefit them.

STATEBALLIN
05-29-2016, 10:58 AM
I'm a Christian, and it sickens me how ole miss is using religion to benefit them.

With seemingly no remorse is what bothers me as well.

Mjoelner34
05-29-2016, 11:06 AM
One thing I've wondered and haven't seen brought up is what are the odds that some boosters also make the trip to Haiti every year?

Brando
05-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Wow, they have a damn answer for everything. How does he think buying clothes for former athletes not a violation? They are grasping for stars now....

notsofarawaydawg
05-29-2016, 11:11 AM
That freaking sucks rotten eggs. Freezus even has the Christian organizations lying for him. Pathetic that they think nothing is wrong with what Hughes did. Show it on paper where you officially communicated to Hughes that he was violating NCAA rules. UNM can't because it's all more bullshit lies.

BeardoMSU
05-29-2016, 11:12 AM
Guys, take it easy....he's just looking down at his wrist, and letting the letters "WWJD" written on his bracelet guide him. If only more people followed his lead.**

"That meant his good-will efforts were considered NCAA violations for recruits even though he compared paying a phone bill to providing baby formula and diapers after receiving a call for help from an unwed mother at the same school – something he’d also done."

RocketDawg
05-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Guys, take it easy....he's just looking down at his wrist, and letting the letters "WWJD" written on his bracelet guide him. If only more people followed his lead.**

"That meant his good-will efforts were considered NCAA violations for recruits even though he compared paying a phone bill to providing baby formula and diapers after receiving a call for help from an unwed mother at the same school – something he’d also done."

Is that the girl from Briarwood? **

BeardoMSU
05-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Is that the girl from Briarwood? **

Zing!

RocketDawg
05-29-2016, 11:36 AM
The first paragraph is important ... that he told Ole Miss coaches that he "wouldn't be their sugar daddy" in Memphis. If he told them that, does it mean that he expected them to ask that of him? Sounds like it.

Some of it may be believable because he'd been doing it so long that it did seem to become altruistic, at least in his mind. But I know that MSU sends (or has in the past) a little pamphlet telling season ticket holders what they can and cannot do regarding contact with potential players, etc. I'm sure UMiss does the same.

How could he be a season ticket holder without donating to the athletic program? We've had to make a donation for many years just to be able to buy season tickets, and have to be a member of the Bulldog Club, as far as I know. My requirement for where I sit is $3500 for two tickets. Most seats are less, but all seats require some level of membership.

starkvegasdawg
05-29-2016, 12:06 PM
One thing I've wondered and haven't seen brought up is what are the odds that some boosters also make the trip to Haiti every year?
I doubt it. Players coming back in with large sums of money can attract the attention of tsa agents.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 12:12 PM

Me too. It's what I can't STAND about Hugh Freeze.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2016, 12:17 PM
The first paragraph is important ... that he told Ole Miss coaches that he "wouldn't be their sugar daddy" in Memphis. If he told them that, does it mean that he expected them to ask that of him? Sounds like it.

Some of it may be believable because he'd been doing it so long that it did seem to become altruistic, at least in his mind. But I know that MSU sends (or has in the past) a little pamphlet telling season ticket holders what they can and cannot do regarding contact with potential players, etc. I'm sure UMiss does the same.

How could he be a season ticket holder without donating to the athletic program? We've had to make a donation for many years just to be able to buy season tickets, and have to be a member of the Bulldog Club, as far as I know. My requirement for where I sit is $3500 for two tickets. Most seats are less, but all seats require some level of membership.

I don't believe word of it. If you are around athletics like that, you will find out pretty dang soon what you can and can't do, if you want to find out. I seriously doubt he had no idea what he was doing was against the rules.

Pollodawg
05-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Not buying a word of it.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-29-2016, 12:36 PM
I have tried to remain objective throughout this investigation, but just damn....

The story is completely full of garbage. I would like to see a list of names of all the kids that Hughes helped out of the goodness of his own heart who did not end up playing college football. I'd be willing to bet it's pretty short.

Mjoelner34
05-29-2016, 12:38 PM
I doubt it. Players coming back in with large sums of money can attract the attention of tsa agents.

I was thinking more along the lines of access to players and coaches while no one is looking setting up sweet deals like no-down-payment loans and stuff such as that.

msstate7
05-29-2016, 12:39 PM
I have tried to remain objective throughout this investigation, but just damn....

The story is completely full of garbage. I would like to see a list of names of all the kids that Hughes helped out of the goodness of his own heart who did not end up playing college football. I'd be willing to bet it's pretty short.

It's probably limited to the young girls in which he is willing to be a "sugar daddy"

Todd4State
05-29-2016, 12:56 PM

I'd rather deal with the wrath of the NCAA before I deal with the wrath of God. I don't like it either but he is going to get what is coming to him.

Goldendawg
05-29-2016, 01:42 PM
We got nailed for a clothing discount for players during our probation in the 1970's during the Tyler years and these boosters claim they didn't know the NCAA rules. What a joke! And yes, we too have received a booklet regarding NCAA rules with our season ticket applications. Transportation, clothing, food, tickets to athletic events, paying phone bills, and he wants to appear before the NCAA to show he broke no rules. This is right up there with UM volunteering to give their coaches more training on the NCAA rules.

Coackjek
05-29-2016, 02:14 PM
I'm with you on this one. They are trying to flip this as a war on Christ and it's not that at all. Many of them seem to believe that this is a trial that they going through because they claim to following Christ. I'm not casting judgement, not my job, but the Bible does says in Matthew 7:15-20 "...you will know them by their fruit." Fruit always tells the story behind the health of the tree/vine. Not to say he hasn't done some good, but over all what does the fruit tell us?

Bodaski
05-29-2016, 02:16 PM
I bet you can go back to Freeze's days at Briarcrest and Thouey and find the connection.

msbulldog
05-29-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm with you on this one. They are trying to flip this as a war on Christ and it's not that at all. Many of them seem to believe that this is a trial that they going through because they claim to following Christ. I'm not casting judgement, not my job, but the Bible does says in Matthew 7:15-20 "...you will know them by their fruit." Fruit always tells the story behind the health of the tree/vine. Not to say he hasn't done some good, but over all what does the fruit tell us?

Amen.

Coackjek
05-29-2016, 02:18 PM

I'm sorry does not completely pass the smell test and is apples to oranges. Life can continue on without a phone, the formula is a necessity.

Commercecomet24
05-29-2016, 02:54 PM
These people never stop! It's sickening! Now they're using Christianity as the reason they hepped these players? Gimme a break! I'm sick of them and their pious attitude! It's sports and they're cheating plain and simple! I'm a Christian and cheating is wrong no matter how they spin it!

NYDawg
05-29-2016, 03:10 PM
After reading this self-serving garbage, I guess I've been approaching my charity work like a sucker...not a single Division I athlete in the bunch.

Reason2succeed
05-29-2016, 03:35 PM
In my deep movie trailer voice:

"Now Hughes, defined as a booster and disassociated from Ole Miss athletics for an undetermined amount of time, would like to clear his name. More importantly, he'd like to clear Maurice Harris' name.
"My goal is to help coach Harris. He does not deserve this. He was caught blind-sided in this situation, and he's just sitting there getting hammered".

Coming to theatres this Fall, THE BLIND SIDE 2: The Sugar Daddy".****

Reason2succeed
05-29-2016, 03:37 PM
We laugh and joke about OM's "people heppin" but dang it has really become their mantra that they are just helping talented athletes out of the kindness of their Rebel hearts.

BeardoMSU
05-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Coming to theatres this Fall, THE BLIND SIDE 2: The Sugar Daddy".****

Complete with tons of scenes showing full penetration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV-RBeDt2B0

bobtail bob
05-29-2016, 04:38 PM
I'd rather deal with the wrath of the NCAA before I deal with the wrath of God. I don't like it either but he is going to get what is coming to him.

The way this whole thing is playing out is surreal and almost divine intervention in nature. There is on helluva book in all this somewhere

maroonmania
05-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Hugh Freeze's motto is "Ask not what you can do for God, but rather what God can do for you."

gtowndawg
05-29-2016, 04:46 PM
I volunteer for a school very close to East. And my first thought was why this guy even spoke to Ole Miss coaches? Why did he need to explain to them from the "get go" he would not be their sugar daddy? In my 5 years doing this, I've never spoken to ANY college coach as an FCA rep, much less in a conversation where I had to explain I would not be a sugar daddy. That's beyond bizarre to me.

One side note, Memphis FCA is run by wonderful people that I can assure you knew nothing of this. They care about the kids and helping them grow spiritually. That is what they put all their efforts into I can assure you of that.

DancingRabbit
05-29-2016, 04:47 PM
This guy's primary charity is buying game meals for the East High football team on Friday nights. That, in and of itself is creative recruiting.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
05-29-2016, 04:48 PM
http://dynamic-evolution.com/macros/makeitrain.jpg These stupid nerds are looking like fools now!!

gtowndawg
05-29-2016, 04:57 PM
This guy's primary charity is buying game meals for the East High football team on Friday nights. That, in and of itself is creative recruiting.

Just to be clear, FCA does not provide meals for any team. Most everyone that works with a Memphis football team via FCA is connected through a local church. Our church does provide many game day meals for our school, but those funds come from our church budget.

Goldendawg
05-29-2016, 06:27 PM
I never saw the movie, "The Blind Side". Did the Toueys ever adopt any other at risk youth before or after Michael Oher? I've read quotes from him that he wishes the movie had never been made.