PDA

View Full Version : LOIC

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-28-2016, 11:44 PM
Yay or Nay? I say yay.

From the NOA...

A pattern of noncompliance within the sport programs involved. [NCAA Bylaw 19.9.3-(k) (2015-16)]

The violations detailed in Allegation Nos. 1 through 13 involve eight Level I and two Level II violations. These alleged violations occurred over a four-year time period and involve two different coaching staffs. Additionally, these alleged violations involve unethical conduct, fraudulence in connection with college entrance exams, substantial or extensive recruiting inducements and extra benefits and impermissible conduct by representatives of the institution's athletics interests.

And the thing about it is that this continued while the NCAA was doing the investigation. They never stopped cheating! And I'm willing to bet they are still cheating as we speak.

msstate7
05-28-2016, 11:46 PM
If there isn't LOIC at om, I'd like to know what it takes to get it

somebodyshotmypaw
05-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Multiple sports, multiple ADs, multiple coaching staffs, with multiple types of violations (academic, boosters, coaches, benefits to prospective players, and benefits to players once enrolled). This is not isolated, but rather a culture of noncompliance. LOIC should be automatic in my opinion.

Engine
05-29-2016, 07:47 AM
By definition, they had complete institutional control in all that went on.

RocketDawg
05-29-2016, 08:25 AM
There shouldn't be any doubt. Could be that the Women's Basketball will even get the death penalty for a year, but they wouldn't care.

And that's not even counting the things yet to come.

But as Engine (presumably really Engie) said, the Institution probably had complete control over what went on.

TrapGame
05-29-2016, 09:17 AM
I'm still saying LOIC and Freeze gets a show cause of a least two years. Bjork will fall on the sword first as a token of goodwill, but it will be futile in staving off the NCAA hounds wanting their pound of flesh from Freeze.

Thompson92
05-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Regardless of what happens to any coaches, you have to think the NCAA will come down pretty hard on the athletic program and the individual programs themselves. ULL had some fairly stout penalties for allegations that were less severe. Don't listen to anyone saying "Oh, that stuff was just under Saunders and Vaughn, so the NCAA will be lenient."
1) No
2) As the ULL report said, "Though the athletic department may be unaware of a coach's violations, an athletic department operates through its employees, making the university responsible for his or her actions."

And that's just the first round. I don't see any reason why LOIC would be off the table. Speaking of Saunders, I'm interested in what could come out of the ULL lawsuit against the ACT.

Boodawg
05-29-2016, 10:16 AM
To me, the self imposed penalties are a spit in the face to ncaa.

Red Sox Dawg
05-29-2016, 10:50 AM
Umiss has proposed the amount of penalties they think look harsh, but that means nothing. The penalty phase doesn't come until the COI meets. The COI decides the penalties. They can accept any or all of umiss self imposed suggestions or they can and probably will add more. Umiss is trying to look like they are getting out in front, but what they proposed is just that, a proposal. The COI makes the decision. If umiss disagrees they can appeal. Their "cooperation" came in the form they got caught and agreed to most everything, thus looks like they cooperated. Bear logic. Here's something else that shouldn't go unnoticed. Umiss has asked for a delay in the meeting with the COI for the penalty phase until this "new information on Tunsil" can be investigated and thus included in this investigation. The truth is the cheating was going on while the NCAA was investigating the older cheating. They are trying to avoid a second investigation, or perhaps even a third. They are in a bind.

dawgoneyall
05-29-2016, 10:55 AM
Yay or Nay? I say yay.

From the NOA...

A pattern of noncompliance within the sport programs involved. [NCAA Bylaw 19.9.3-(k) (2015-16)]

The violations detailed in Allegation Nos. 1 through 13 involve eight Level I and two Level II violations. These alleged violations occurred over a four-year time period and involve two different coaching staffs. Additionally, these alleged violations involve unethical conduct, fraudulence in connection with college entrance exams, substantial or extensive recruiting inducements and extra benefits and impermissible conduct by representatives of the institution's athletics interests.

And the thing about it is that this continued while the NCAA was doing the investigation. They never stopped cheating! And I'm willing to bet they are still cheating as we speak.

Not really.

The institution controlled all the cheating. From start to finish.

Red Sox Dawg
05-29-2016, 01:04 PM
nm

BossDawg
05-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Q
Multiple sports, multiple ADs, multiple coaching staffs, with multiple types of violations (academic, boosters, coaches, benefits to prospective players, and benefits to players once enrolled). This is not isolated, but rather a culture of noncompliance. LOIC should be automatic in my opinion.

Not to mention they continued to cheat even while they were being investigated. That's just flat out stupid.

BossDawg
05-29-2016, 02:33 PM
The truth is the cheating was going on while the NCAA was investigating the older cheating. They are trying to avoid a second investigation, or perhaps even a third. They are in a bind.

The Tunsil stuff from draft night isn't cleared up, among other things, so they are indeed still being investigated.

On Thursday's Boneyard Steve said there's still a lot not being told and that another shoe will drop for them. He indicated that things were just starting, and I believe him.

Reason2succeed
05-29-2016, 04:04 PM
When it says a "pattern of noncompliance WITHIN its sports program" that signals to me the NCAA recognizes that LOIC does not adequately describe the level of cheating and fraud being done at OM.

I just don't see how they escape this. They are going to be absolutely hammered. The NCAA has no choice.