PDA

View Full Version : Spin Cycle Still Works

Reason2succeed
05-28-2016, 09:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/117336/ole-miss-saga-far-from-over-thanks-to-laremy-tunsil-allegations

Ed Asschoff put on his cape and came to the rescue with this delightful piece of drivel for the Rebel faithful.

"While there were some damning allegations in Ole Miss? response, most notably the academic fraud that involved former Houston Nutt staff members Chris Vaughn and David Saunders, there was no bombshell that could cripple Ole Miss? football program, and Freeze likely won?t lose his job over this."

There WERE major bombshells on this round and Freeze still might lose his job on the next round.

smootness
05-28-2016, 09:59 PM
Eh, I agree that there were no bombshells in this round. We already knew about the academic fraud stuff, and that came under Nutt. There were major violations under the Freeze staff but nothing that was shocking or that would cripple the program.

I think the NCAA will be harsher than Ole Miss' proposed penalties in this round, but I don't think they'll hammer them for any of this.

But there is one major BUT after all that, and that is what is yet to come.

DancingRabbit
05-28-2016, 10:17 PM
If the NCAA were to assess penalties on NOA #1 before moving on to the next step I think it would be in the neighborhood of crippling.

Minimum of 18 schollys, vacated wins, recruiting restrictions and 4-5 years probation living under the threat of repeat offender charges.

I don't think OM will earn a lot of leniency just because they got away with academic fraud for 3 years. And all the Freeze Level 1's add up.

Boodawg
05-28-2016, 10:35 PM
No bombshells? Wtf. There are like 14 level 1's. Ull had one and had more penalties than um self imposed. If they don't get double what ull got in sanctions, this is a joke.

LC Dawg
05-28-2016, 10:44 PM
I realize the guy is from Oxford but I just don't get why he, or anyone, is still trying to keep Hugh's flock happy. What is a bombshell? This is bad. Say it's bad. And say there is even worse to come. It's the truth so it can't hurt you Ed.

smootness
05-28-2016, 11:05 PM
No bombshells? Wtf. There are like 14 level 1's. Ull had one and had more penalties than um self imposed. If they don't get double what ull got in sanctions, this is a joke.

Most of their punishment came from lying and failing to cooperate.

No, I don't think any of these accusations constitute a 'bombshell' or will cripple the program. Tell me which ones you think are or will.

MedDawg
05-28-2016, 11:08 PM

smootness
05-28-2016, 11:11 PM
If the NCAA thinks Ole Miss committed more than they can prove, then the NCAA can hammer them for just what was in the first NOA.

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF WE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THE INFRACTIONS. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF TUNSIL SAT OUT 7 GAMES.

The NCAA take 30 scholarships over 3 years and 2 bowl bans right now if they wanted to.

I didn't say it matters if we already knew in some meaningful sense...just saying that's basically the definition of 'bombshell'...so if none of it was especially surprising or crazy, then it's not a bombshell. I'm not saying this isn't serious for Ole Miss or that it won't hurt them, just that nothing he really said there is untrue or embellished. He acknowledged that the resolution of this is still to come, and the new Tunsil stuff is a complete unknown.

DancingRabbit
05-28-2016, 11:12 PM

No, I don't think any of these accusations constitute a 'bombshell' or will cripple the program. Tell me which ones you think are or will.

It's the cumulative effect, and I think the NCAA knows more than they could substantiate in the NOA.

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4097&d=1464458194&thumb=1

Reason2succeed
05-28-2016, 11:16 PM
USC got hammered just for the benefits to Reggie Bush and nothing else. This is WAY MORE than that. 8 level one violations for football is beyond egregious. It doesn't matter how long ago these infractions were. There is no statue of limitations on penalties and even if there were the investigation has been going on for 4 years.

OM wants to act like they self reported but why did it talk them to 2012 to report stuff that happened in 2010. Why are they currently getting caught cheating? If OM isn't hammered the NCAA becomes defunct.

Really Clark?
05-28-2016, 11:18 PM

That's not correct. ULL did not lie or try to cover up anything. As soon as they discovered what was going on they pulled Saunders from recruiting. Not some 15-30 day suspension. He was pulled completely. And once it was evident that HE was no longer cooperating with the investigation they fired him. Their penalties were based off on ONE Level 1 mitigated infraction. The other 3 were all on Saunders and his rose to the highest level because he would not cooperate.

msstate7
05-28-2016, 11:28 PM
That's not correct. ULL did not lie or try to cover up anything. As soon as they discovered what was going on they pulled Saunders from recruiting. Not some 15-30 day suspension. He was pulled completely. And once it was evident that HE was no longer cooperating with the investigation they fired him. Their penalties were based off on ONE Level 1 mitigated infraction. The other 3 were all on Saunders and his rose to the highest level because he would not cooperate.

And that's 1 level 1 in 1 sport. Om has how many level 1s across how many sports and how many different coaches? No way, om shouldn't get LOIC or the lesser one (failure to monitor?)

smootness
05-28-2016, 11:38 PM
Good gosh, people, your insecurity is showing.

Just let it play out. That article means nothing, and nothing in it is untrue. Ole Miss could get hammered over the first NOA, they may not. I feel fairly confident they're going to get hit pretty hard before it's all said and done, but I don't know how much will come from this round. We definitely know Ole Miss has lied to the public and is currently extremely worried.

But we all need to take a slight step back. Not everything is a conspiracy, and not everyone is an evil liar.

msstate7
05-28-2016, 11:44 PM
Good gosh, people, your insecurity is showing.

Just let it play out. That article means nothing, and nothing in it is untrue. Ole Miss could get hammered over the first NOA, they may not. I feel fairly confident they're going to get hit pretty hard before it's all said and done, but I don't know how much will come from this round. We definitely know Ole Miss has lied to the public and is currently extremely worried.

But we all need to take a slight step back. Not everything is a conspiracy, and not everyone is an evil liar.

Yancy sent you here didn't he?**

I kid haha

WesternSkyDawg
05-28-2016, 11:47 PM

No bombshell S---tness???

How does 8 Level I Violations, 16 across the OM Athletic Dept sit with ya?

Sounds damn well Historic to me, much less bombshell.

SDDawg
05-28-2016, 11:49 PM
The biggest bombshell is that Kiffin lives in a shitbox that is only worth $33 a night to have someone stay in. **

smootness
05-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Then someone give me the bombshell allegation in this. If it's there, it should be pretty easy to point out.

I'm with you guys, believe me. We all know how Ole Miss recruits the way they do, and we all hope they pay for it. But allowing yourself to get bent out of shape over every single article trying to find the conspiracy is crazy. Again, just let it play out.

msstate7
05-28-2016, 11:53 PM
Then someone give me the bombshell allegation in this. If it's there, it should be pretty easy to point out.

I'm with you guys, believe me. We all know how Ole Miss recruits the way they do, and we all hope they pay for it. But allowing yourself to get bent out of shape over every single article trying to find the conspiracy is crazy. Again, just let it play out.

To me the bombshell was that om claimed most the infractions were previous staff, but that was clearly a lie. Freeze is in more danger than I thought this NOA was gonna put him listening to bjork and om reporters

smootness
05-28-2016, 11:56 PM
To me the bombshell was that om claimed most the infractions were previous staff, but that was clearly a lie. Freeze is in more danger than I thought this NOA was gonna put him listening to bjork and om reporters

Fair enough. They have definitely screwed this up from a PR standpoint.

WesternSkyDawg
05-29-2016, 12:02 AM

Well, here it is, S---tness: "The NCAA says, AND WE AGREE, that serious violations occurred here." - Admission in OM Response by its Friggin PRESIDENT and Athletic Director

And another: 16 LEVEL I Violations, 9 of those in football, 8 of those under current coach Hugh Freeze.

How many Level I's were involved in ULaLa's 11 scholarship losses?? ONE

What about other major infractions case??

I mean, seriously; if you're going to go full-on pu--y up, just go ahead and out yourself as the pansy that you are.

I don't really think you are that way. But I wish you'd start acting like you had a pair.

Act like you expect for what's right to happen. And it's much more likely to happen.

ILOATHEBears
05-29-2016, 09:43 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/117336/ole-miss-saga-far-from-over-thanks-to-laremy-tunsil-allegations

Ed Asschoff put on his cape and came to the rescue with this delightful piece of drivel for the Rebel faithful.

"While there were some damning allegations in Ole Miss? response, most notably the academic fraud that involved former Houston Nutt staff members Chris Vaughn and David Saunders, there was no bombshell that could cripple Ole Miss? football program, and Freeze likely won?t lose his job over this."

There WERE major bombshells on this round and Freeze still might lose his job on the next round.

Saunders on ESPN this morning went to freezes rescue as well. He said Freezus was being wrongly criticized bla bla bla. He must have only read asschaps article because remove all the level 1 allegations just for a minute and why is the media not blasting a coach for LYING to croots to just get their signature blaming a former coach

IMissJack
05-29-2016, 10:14 AM
I think most of these guys just don't want to admit to themselves that they are wrong.

confucius say
05-29-2016, 02:59 PM

No, I don't think any of these accusations will cripple the program. Tell me which ones you think will.

I think academic fraud and changing act scores may

AlmostPositive
05-29-2016, 06:10 PM
When representatives of the university pretend the violations are minor and mostly before the current football staff, but instead there are 8 Level I violations leveled at Freeze and Co., that is a bombshell all by itself.

Bully13
05-29-2016, 06:51 PM
When representatives of the university pretend the violations are minor and mostly before the current football staff, but instead there are 8 Level I violations leveled at Freeze and Co., that is a bombshell all by itself.

Smootness, please read this

Coach34
05-29-2016, 07:02 PM

Who? ULL was cited as being exemplary

deadheaddawg
05-30-2016, 01:55 AM
USC got hammered just for the benefits to Reggie Bush and nothing else.

Yeah, that's not true at all. I don't know how many level one infractions USC had, but the probation involved at least football, basketball, and tennis.

Really Clark?
05-30-2016, 07:02 AM
Yeah, that's not true at all. I don't know how many level one infractions USC had, but the probation involved at least football, basketball, and tennis.

I think it was 7 total infractions for USC. However, multiple of those infractions were very complicated and had numerous subsections detailing the violation. They also received LOIC because of almost no monitoring of access to players on campus and were repeat violators at the time the Bush violations occurred.

mic
05-30-2016, 07:32 AM
I think it was 7 total infractions for USC. However, multiple of those infractions were very complicated and had numerous subsections detailing the violation. They also received LOIC because of almost no monitoring of access to players on campus and were repeat violators at the time the Bush violations occurred.

UMiss infractions for football are greater than USCw and Ohio St combined....

Really Clark?
05-30-2016, 09:03 AM

Yep. I believe you are correct

smootness
05-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Well, here it is, S---tness: "The NCAA says, AND WE AGREE, that serious violations occurred here." - Admission in OM Response by its Friggin PRESIDENT and Athletic Director

And another: 16 LEVEL I Violations, 9 of those in football, 8 of those under current coach Hugh Freeze.

How many Level I's were involved in ULaLa's 11 scholarship losses?? ONE

What about other major infractions case??

I mean, seriously; if you're going to go full-on pu--y up, just go ahead and out yourself as the pansy that you are.

I don't really think you are that way. But I wish you'd start acting like you had a pair.

Act like you expect for what's right to happen. And it's much more likely to happen.

Well, this is quite the post.

Political Hack
05-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Academic fraud is a bombshell. We just happened to know about it well in advance.

WesternSkyDawg
05-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Well, this is quite the post.

My late-night vitriol aside, you're still avoiding the obvious bombshell.

WesternSkyDawg
05-30-2016, 10:50 AM

Thank you for making the point better than I could.

It should be pretty clear.

deadheaddawg
05-30-2016, 04:35 PM

I am not saying you are incorrect, but if you are sure of this can you spell it out and compare it. I know oke miss has the academic fraud under Nutt but didn't the USC football stuff involve things like buying houses?

Explain how you came to the conclusion that oke miss football infractions are worse than USC and OSU combined

smootness
05-30-2016, 04:49 PM
My late-night vitriol aside, you're still avoiding the obvious bombshell.

And that argument is fine. My point is that he was saying there was no single bombshell allegation, and I mostly agree with that.

Reason2succeed
05-30-2016, 05:23 PM
Explain how you came to the conclusion that oke miss football infractions are worse than USC and OSU combined

Reading them

Really Clark?
05-30-2016, 06:14 PM
I am not saying you are incorrect, but if you are sure of this can you spell it out and compare it. I know oke miss has the academic fraud under Nutt but didn't the USC football stuff involve things like buying houses?

We were talking about the actual number of infractions. We didn't get into the severity overall. But on that note, the actual violations, not the cover up and lying, but the actual infractions that were done at OSU were not as severe or as many as UNM. (Ironically they had impermissable benefits surrounding cars as well) By a pretty large margin. The HC cover up and lying caused the bulk of the severity of the penalties in that case.

Reason2succeed
05-30-2016, 09:01 PM
To use a baseball analogy, when it comes to cheating OM covered all the bases then knocked in the grand slam. We've seen UNC with academic fraud; we've seen ULL with fraudulent entrance exams; we've seen USC and OSU with impermissible benefits; but OM has them all under one roof.