PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Henderson back in school

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-20-2013, 03:25 PM
No shocker here...
“He will miss games,” Kennedy told Sporting News. “The extent of that is yet to be determined as we go through this process.”

Henderson’s indefinite suspension was announced July 10. Kennedy said a plan was put in place at that point through the university administration for Henderson to return to full status with the Rebels.

“From the time I suspended him, he’s been 100 percent compliant with the plan,” Kennedy said. “And our hope is he will continue to make the strides necessary to get back on the court.”
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/20/report-marshall-henderson-expected-back-in-class-at-ole-miss/

messageboardsuperhero
08-20-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm glad he's back. Keep the party going.

Ronny
08-20-2013, 05:57 PM
..Kennedy has found his Renardo Sidney.

A dumb & frightened head coach refuses to release a team cancer & an ultimate career killer for the coach. Where have we heard that plot line before?

Keep up the good work, Andy Kennedy. This is all going to work out for you beautifully in the end.

missouridawg
08-20-2013, 06:37 PM
..Kennedy has found his Renardo Sidney.

A dumb & frightened head coach refuses to release a team cancer & an ultimate career killer for the coach. Where have we heard that plot line before?

Keep up the good work, Andy Kennedy. This is all going to work out for you beautifully in the end.

Since Kennedy is an average coach, wouldn't it be best for us if he kept his job?

FISHDAWG
08-21-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm glad he's back ... for me, it takes something extra to watch BB like state playing or a tourney or something like that ... Henderson is worth watching like him or not - he was vocal in supporting state in Omaha and I'm sure he probably took a little heat for it ..... yeah, I'll pull for him except against state

mic
08-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Since Kennedy is an average coach, wouldn't it be best for us if he kept his job?

YES

nemsdawg
08-21-2013, 08:47 AM
If the kid needed help and this gets him clean and he can REMAIN clean then that is much greater than any ball game. If he is being used as a pawn and he is still using then I have a problem with that. Time will tell.

rtdawg
08-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Great news all the way around....

MadDawg
08-21-2013, 09:32 AM
depends on what Ray turns out to be

TheRef
08-21-2013, 09:35 AM
I love the fact that Henderson is still on campus. With the fact that he is now on his third(?) strike as far as criminal involvement during his collegiate career is not something that TSUN will take lightly. From what I've heard, he has been on a short leash ever since he came on campus. But as we know, indefinite suspensions may last 1 to 2 games (reference Sidney here) or the whole season. Now the comparison of Sidney to Henderson is not valid. Sidney may have had his small run-ins during practice, but he never produced during games. And by never I'm discounting the 2 games/season that he would be phenomenal. Henderson is at least a key factor during games and actually contributes to the team in an effective way game-in and game-out. Henderson, although, has more severe run-ins with the law and with his team. Not to mention, you can't just go around giving the bird to fans just because of what they're saying to you. Does he have a slight anger problem? Possibly. Is he as bad as Sidney? In my eyes, nope. Not even close. Henderson will be suspended for 5-10 games, and that's my prediction. I am TheRef and I approve this message.