PDA

View Full Version : Sec semifinals thread

msstate7
05-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Announcers say lartigue is best hitting catcher in sec. Let's see...

Lartigue -- .362/.420/.480 .900 ops
Kruger -- .353/.442/.558 1.000 ops

Yeah, I'll take Kruger's bat over lartigue's anyday

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 12:31 PM
If LSU and Ole Miss both lose today, both don't deserve national seeds. Who did they beat? No one. Florida didn't start the same lineup they did against us last night. Florida will crush LSU today.

msstate7
05-28-2016, 12:32 PM
If LSU and Ole Miss both lose today, both don't deserve national seeds. Who did they beat? No one. Florida didn't start the same lineup they did against us last night. Florida will crush LSU today.

Definitely think we're headed to aTm vs Florida tomorrow

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 12:38 PM
I agree. Think about it. LSU is a team that depends on teams screwing up to win. We had 3 errors against them. Florida would have won 2-0 with their D team if Buddy Reed doesn't throw it home. And Ole Miss has gone through a shit Vandy team and a USC team that has lost 10 in a row in the tournament. What have they done to deserve a national seed? IMO, we will get three national seeds us, A&M, and Florida. That's it.

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Really, if you think about, there is no way USC should have taken the East. Alabama should have taken one from them and Florida should have been in the other bracket.

msstate7
05-28-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm gonna watch these games, but you couldn't have put 4 teams together that i hate more. Om and lsu are my least favorite of the 4 though

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 01:26 PM
All I have to say is Florida better start that lineup against LSU they did against us. They had four holes in their lineup when they played LSU and Alabama. They decided to fill those holes against us. Figures asshole Sully would do that. It wouldn't surprise me if they run ruled LSU and it wouldn't surprise me if Tulane came out of LSU's regional. LSU doesn't inpress me at all. We had 4 errors against them which lead to 5 of their 6 runs.

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Another positive for us laying down like that though is there were a ton of scouts there. This may put an end to some of you saying we lose every draft eligible junior. I think the only guys who leave probably are Hudson and Humphreys. I don't think the others will be drafted high enough for it to be worth it.

Saltydog
05-28-2016, 01:34 PM
don't win the SECT and damn sure hope they aren't national seeds.

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Also MSU fans, how the **** is getting beat 18-4 and committing 7 errors and not caring helpful over the last two days? I don't get why our fans were okay with the 1-2 shit showing in the tournament. Yesterday was absolutely embarrassing. The way we played yesterday was 2015esque. Tell me please how that was a good thing?

Saltydog
05-28-2016, 01:45 PM
because this team is not playing well and didn't last weekend.

smootness
05-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Also MSU fans, how the **** is getting beat 18-4 and committing 7 errors and not caring helpful over the last two days? I don't get why our fans were okay with the 1-2 shit showing in the tournament. Yesterday was absolutely embarrassing. The way we played yesterday was 2015esque. Tell me please how that was a good thing?

I don't think anyone said it was a good thing necessarily. It just doesn't matter. It does not mean that we have a worse chance of winning the regional or SR than we did before. Plenty said they would be fine if we went 1-2 in the SECT before it started. The fact that we didn't play well in those 2 losses and got steamrolled by Florida is not good, but it also doesn't meaningfully change the results. I've said it before, but the fact that Hudson and Sexton got poor starts out of the way and the team got jolted a bit after sweeping the final 3 series could actually end up being a good thing. So in that sense, yes, it could be.

What if we go 5-0 the next two weeks and easily get to Omaha. Does the SECT matter? Nope.

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 02:03 PM
I don't think anyone said it was a good thing necessarily. It just doesn't matter. It does not mean that we have a worse chance of winning the regional or SR than we did before. Plenty said they would be fine if we went 1-2 in the SECT before it started. The fact that we didn't play well in those 2 losses and got steamrolled by Florida is not good, but it also doesn't meaningfully change the results. I've said it before, but the fact that Hudson and Sexton got poor starts out of the way and the team got jolted a bit after sweeping the final 3 series could actually end up being a good thing. So in that sense, yes, it could be.

What if we go 5-0 the next two weeks and easily get to Omaha. Does the SECT matter? Nope.

Let's just hope you're right because after that shit burger we laid this week we better use it as motivation to get to Omaha. The SEC tournament doesn't matter that much but look at A&M and Florida. We are just as talented and just as motivated. Odds are good that at least one of those teams makes the finals. The big difference between them and us in this tournament is in three games we had 9 errors in three games. That is unacceptable. If we don't commit errors against LSU we win 2-1. We have got to quit making errors. That is a part of the game we can control. The errors to me are the biggest concern I have going into next week.

MarketingBully
05-28-2016, 02:09 PM
We had 6 unearned runs against Florida off four errors. To me, defense needs a lot of work. So of the 18 runs we gave up over the past two days, 11 of them were unearned off 7 errors. That is just bad baseball and really not our pitching.