PDA

View Full Version : Why I am in no huge hurry to get to the penalty phase of this UNM train wreck.

Dawgowar
05-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Because of today -

Multiple 4 and 5 star Rebel targets are realizing they have been lied to. At least a few for now. Those with involved parents in this process, regardless of their willingness to take money, all know UNM is now spoiled goods. They can't make good on their promises without a higher risk of being caught - and their athletes with them. This group will check them off the list and move on to the other players later.

Is it possible that multiple Bears are sitting at home waiting for summer workouts and are now wondering what will become of their benefit packages? What might they do (hypothetically of course) if there is a disruption in such benefits? Might we have some discipline issues?

I would love for the NCAA to release a partial list of penalties on the WBB and Track offenses. That damage would leave serious concerns in UNM hearts about what was forthcoming on the football side of life. They will stew in that gloriously.

They could then start, maybe, pursuing 4-5 star athletes with issues - ones that the real big boys have written off. Perhaps like we did with a young counterfeiter wannabe? Certainly they won't risk academic head cases now? If this thing keeps up they could stock a class with some potential problems. Particularly if they are providing transportation options from someone new to the game? Just a thought.

And of course, doubt this is speculative - recruiting against anyone for any level of player is gonna be a royal bitch with these charges and round two hanging over their heads.

I am going to enjoy every moment of this process. They have already established themselves as liars. They can only control state media and in so doing they have discredited those outlets. The national media is however calling them out. They are targeting national prospects. In the words of Mr. Enberg - "Oh my"

1bigdawg
05-28-2016, 09:31 AM
I want the NCAA to go ahead a impose stiff penalties for this phase and then keep the investigation going for a couple of years. That would do the most damage.

msbulldog
05-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Because of today -

Multiple 4 and 5 star Rebel targets are realizing they have been lied to. At least a few for now. Those with involved parents in this process, regardless of their willingness to take money, all know UNM is now spoiled goods. They can't make good on their promises without a higher risk of being caught - and their athletes with them. This group will check them off the list and move on to the other players later.

Is it possible that multiple Bears are sitting at home waiting for summer workouts and are now wondering what will become of their benefit packages? What might they do (hypothetically of course) if there is a disruption in such benefits? Might we have some discipline issues?

I would love for the NCAA to release a partial list of penalties on the WBB and Track offenses. That damage would leave serious concerns in UNM hearts about what was forthcoming on the football side of life. They will stew in that gloriously.

They could then start, maybe, pursuing 4-5 star athletes with issues - ones that the real big boys have written off. Perhaps like we did with a young counterfeiter wannabe? Certainly they won't risk academic head cases now? If this thing keeps up they could stock a class with some potential problems. Particularly if they are providing transportation options from someone new to the game? Just a thought.

And of course, doubt this is speculative - recruiting against anyone for any level of player is gonna be a royal bitch with these charges and round two hanging over their heads.

I am going to enjoy every moment of this process. They have already established themselves as liars. They can only control state media and in so doing they have discredited those outlets. The national media is however calling them out. They are targeting national prospects. In the words of Mr. Enberg - "Oh my"

On point! Makes me wonder how many of their 2016 class will petition the NCAA for a release from their LOC, because they were lied to. Now if they are receiving payola they run the risk of being declared ineligible, but they have to know those benefits are about to run out. These guys are between a rock and another rock, because of a poor choice to accept the payola.

BulldogBear
05-28-2016, 09:48 AM
On point! Makes me wonder how many of their 2016 class will petition the NCAA for a release from their LOC, because they were lied to. Now if they are receiving payola they run the risk of being declared ineligible, but they have to know those benefits are about to run out. These guys are between a rock and another rock, because of a poor choice to accept the payola.

Ole Miss too much pride. There is no way they will let this send them to the bottom of the West. They're whole world view is based on the fact that they are and always have been the top football program in the country. They lie to themselves at this point. They cannot swallow pride and won't. They'll continue to pay these players and try to find a more discreet way, even if it means friends or friends of friend's roommates of strangers. The problem is that's hard to control. They'll be a repeat offender again by 2020, and if the NCAA is still relevant at that time, they will finally have no choice with this operation but to just shut it down and mete out the first major football death penalty since SMU. Ole Miss will only play eight seasons of the next decade.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-28-2016, 11:56 AM
I wish I could find it, but a player they signed from Texas this past Feb. had an uncle call in to a radio show and ask the guys on the show if his nephew could get out of his scholarship with OM. They, of course said no, unless OM released him or the NCAA came out and said they could transfer without sitting out, etc.

This is the part I wish the NCAA would go ahead and put out there.....let this past years signees transfer if they like. We've got a few open spots from last year I'm sure we could fill. There's only 1 of their recruits that I know I don't want....the closest one to us.

Tripp McNeely
05-28-2016, 12:01 PM
I wish I could find it, but a player they signed from Texas this past Feb. had an uncle call in to a radio show and ask the guys on the show if his nephew could get out of his scholarship with OM. They, of course said no, unless OM released him or the NCAA came out and said they could transfer without sitting out, etc.

This is the part I wish the NCAA would go ahead and put out there.....let this past years signees transfer if they like. We've got a few open spots from last year I'm sure we could fill. There's only 1 of their recruits that I know I don't want....the closest one to us.

It was DeVaugn Pennamon

drunkernhelldawg
05-28-2016, 12:46 PM
I think at least some of the hammer should be instant. Otherwise, they continue to use their ill gotten gains to build strength, as witness UNC in the NCAA's last season.

RocketDawg
05-28-2016, 01:07 PM
I think at least some of the hammer should be instant. Otherwise, they continue to use their ill gotten gains to build strength, as witness UNC in the NCAA's last season.

Yes, exactly. Sure, they could go ahead and let them play this fall and later vacate the wins, but that's not the same as immediate punishment.

And I still haven't seen anything from the NCAA about signing bonuses, large dollar payouts, cars, etc. Will that be coming, or is it all in our collective MSU minds?

Goldendawg
05-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Nobody cares about vacated wins anymore. They just say we know who won on the field. I've already heard UNM fans say the last 3 years were worth it and they would do it again. Only the hammer this summer or the death penalty asap will stop this mindset.

Dawgowar
05-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Nobody cares about vacated wins anymore. They just say we know who won on the field. I've already heard UNM fans say the last 3 years were worth it and they would do it again. Only the hammer this summer or the death penalty asap will stop this mindset.

Saying it is one thing. Living through it - I point to Croom, year two and beyond is another. Honestly, if a team in the SEC as it is now gets knocked down to the condition we were in the day Croom took over it will take them twice as long to crawl back up.

parabrave
05-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Any smart lawyer could file a class action lawsuit against OM suing for god know how many violations. Fraud being one of them.