PDA

View Full Version : Do They Keep Paying Players that are on or will be on the roster this fall?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked or discussed but I'm interested in the board's thoughts. Do the black bears keep paying the players that are on the current roster? If they stop the payments, the bears run the risk of pissing off someone that would have no problem going to the NCAA. This would bring on the "Repeat Violator" status. If they don't stop the payments, the bears run the risk of someone going to the NCAA and this will bring on "Repeat Violator" status. Looks to me like Cheater U is F'ed either way. What do y'all say?

PassInterference
05-27-2016, 11:26 PM
Outstanding question!

Commercecomet24
05-27-2016, 11:31 PM
Ask Bobby Collins and SMU how that worked out for them lol

BossDawg
05-28-2016, 12:59 AM
Another interesting scenario to me is, by the looks of things, they were still funneling cash and prizes to Tunsil and his fam (probably other recruits, too) WHILE they were being investigated. I'm not sure how more people aren't picking up on that.

PassInterference
05-28-2016, 01:05 AM
I think most are picking up on that, Boss. This is one thing that makes "NOA #2" more damning than the first.

You have a coach making systematic pay for play payments.

You have the strong likelihood that Ole Miss lied to the NCAA in NOA #1 saying "that's it..Tunsil got no more benefits".

And as you put it, you have Ole Miss continuing to cheat as an active investigation is going on.

Oh and one really poetic thing here is that the fake poot noises letter said Ole Miss had better stop the schenanigans while on investigation. Ha! In that parody letter was priceless wisdom that Ole Miss did not follow!

Commercecomet24
05-28-2016, 01:06 AM
Another interesting scenario to me is, by the looks of things, they were still funneling cash and prizes to Tunsil and his fam (probably other recruits, too) WHILE they were being investigated. I'm not sure how more people aren't picking up on that.

Exactly! And that's probably gonna be the main reason they get hammered!

Martianlander
05-28-2016, 05:47 AM
They are so stupidly arragant that they believed they could get by with anything.

ILOATHEBears
05-28-2016, 06:40 AM
They are so stupidly arragant that they believed they could get by with anything.

But but but.... Spirit Ben said there is no pay for play mentioned****

redstickdawg
05-28-2016, 07:24 AM
I think that they have to keep the payments up and maybe even up the ante to keep the flock happy and quiet. It is obvious that this NOA didn't impact their recruiting tactics why should change their internal payroll and payments? This is the heart of LOIC at minimum and I hope the SMU treatment. By continuing the payments to current player employees (never student athletes, they are pro once signed and paid for by tsun) they are giving the NCAA a big FU and saying we can't be stopped.

Saltydog
05-28-2016, 08:14 AM
way of paying them and hope they don't get caught or they don't play them and risk pissing someone off and alienating them. They're in one hell'uva spot.