PDA

View Full Version : F****in 10 run ruled.

coastratdog
05-27-2016, 09:00 PM
That's baseball.

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 09:01 PM
We didn't give a shit. That's the worst thing. The focus wasn't there at all.

AlSwearengen
05-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Long grueling road to win the conference. We need a mental break.

Now, if we don't pound some folks in the regional, I will be concerned.

Pinto
05-27-2016, 09:09 PM
I agree. We mailed this one in. Hope we get set for next weekend.

Jack Lambert
05-27-2016, 09:10 PM
I am glad it is over. Go back to Starkville, rest and get ready for the regional.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-27-2016, 09:10 PM
I don't really think there is a lot of correlation between success in the sec tourney and subsequent "real" postseason success. Now maybe the team will be unfocused for the regionals...no idea. Definitely willing to give the team that won the regular season championship the benefit of the doubt.

Bucky Dog
05-27-2016, 09:13 PM
And we got swept by TAM and lost to EKU and ORU. We are fine. I think our guys wanted and needed a rest. We will be fine.

Commercecomet24
05-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Or as the coach from
South Carolina said the other day, "I got more national championship rings than I got wins in the sec tournament"

Commercecomet24
05-27-2016, 09:18 PM
I think the grind from season and the final push showed. I fully expect this team to come out at Dudy next week and ball!

shoeless joe
05-27-2016, 09:23 PM
This team was satisfied with the reg season championship, and I'm fine with that. Now get home get rested refocused and iron out the kinks that have lingered and popped up this week. At this point this is no big deal at all...

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 09:25 PM
I think we will be OK. Whatever four seed we play will be easier. That and going back to Starkville will help us out a lot.

Bucky Dog
05-27-2016, 09:25 PM
We will be 15K strong and the atmosphere will be electric! Let's start speaking positive, and the means you Coach, and be ready to win a few weekend series!

Tripp McNeely
05-27-2016, 09:29 PM
SEC tournament championships are great! We've won a LOT of them. I was actually in Hoover with a buddy several years ago when we beat om to win one...but i want a natty! And I can't remember the last time we had such an awesome regular season that were a National seed and got to host the the first 2 rounds...Cohen has 5-6 days to light a fire...and I have no doubt that he will!

Commercecomet24
05-27-2016, 09:40 PM
We will be 15K strong and the atmosphere will be electric! Let's start speaking positive, and the means you Coach, and be ready to win a few weekend series!

Hear,Hear my good man, I'm with ya, let's get this done!

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 09:41 PM
SEC tournament championships are great! We've won a LOT of them. I was actually in Hoover with a buddy several years ago when we beat om to win one...but i want a natty! And I can't remember the last time we had such an awesome regular season that were a National seed and got to host the the first 2 rounds...Cohen has 5-6 days to light a fire...and I have no doubt that he will!

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's fun to win- but it doesn't really mean a lot. I'm not worried about our guys having a fire lit under them. Our focus is on the NCAA's- not the SEC Tournament.

CJDAWG85
05-27-2016, 09:47 PM
We had a greater chance of someone getting hurt then improving our seed. Get home and get focused.

JohnnyQuid
05-27-2016, 09:50 PM
no ****s given. before tourny started I was fine with 0-2 and home. when we won a game ofc I got greedy and wanted to win every game. we didn't really play or coach to win - looked like practice and get random guys live action.

I predict we are a different team at DNF when our regional begins.

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 09:55 PM
I think we will be OK. Whatever four seed we play will be easier. That and going back to Starkville will help us out a lot.

I agree. That infield ate Gridley up. You could tell our shifts really screwed us on that surface. Seeing eye singles were seeing eye singles more from Gridley not diving and being out of position more then that's baseball. He had seven to eight plays over the last two nights that if he makes even half of them the games become much more interesting. Todd, is TD Ameritrade's infield like the Met's? If it is, it might be good to start Luke Alexander at short if Luke is healthy.

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 09:59 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's fun to win- but it doesn't really mean a lot. I'm not worried about our guys having a fire lit under them. Our focus is on the NCAA's- not the SEC Tournament.

Why not put in Rigby and get him work when we were down 5-1 though? Rigby owned Florida in Gainsville and we don't even pitch him tonight. Paul Young isn't going to sniff the field in the post season. I see your point but why not get pitchers in that we actually are going to depend on work.

drunkernhelldawg
05-27-2016, 10:11 PM
I thought they might be able to sustain the intensity but knew the numbers were against it. We need a break and we have it. Hope we handle it well.

Goldendawg
05-27-2016, 10:22 PM
Alexander will have to have surgery after the season is over. If he plays he will have to play with the bad wrist.

Bully13
05-27-2016, 10:24 PM
17 it. many SEC reg season champs bowed owed early in the tourney only to make deep runs in omaha and shit. 17 it. 17 me. 17 obama too.. just 17 it.. I'm going to 17ing bed.

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 10:28 PM
I agree. That infield ate Gridley up. You could tell our shifts really screwed us on that surface. Seeing eye singles were seeing eye singles more from Gridley not diving and being out of position more then that's baseball. He had seven to eight plays over the last two nights that if he makes even half of them the games become much more interesting. Todd, is TD Ameritrade's infield like the Met's? If it is, it might be good to start Luke Alexander at short if Luke is healthy.

I'd be lying if I tried to answer the question about the indield because I have no clue and have never played indield on either.

Bully13
05-27-2016, 10:28 PM
oh yea, and 17 ole miss too. they suck cock. and they suck satan's cock. so does anybody that disagrees. 17 ole miss. ok. feel better. 17 everybody for that matter. 17 democrats too.

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 10:31 PM
Why not put in Rigby and get him work when we were down 5-1 though? Rigby owned Florida in Gainsville and we don't even pitch him tonight. Paul Young isn't going to sniff the field in the post season. I see your point but why not get pitchers in that we actually are going to depend on work.

It's a balancing act with the pitching staff in a long tournament like that. I think our attitude was we're down so let's try some guys and see if someone steps up. It happened with Houston. It didn't work for most like Young.

Unfortunately we just didn't get a chance to work him in.

BayouDawg
05-27-2016, 10:34 PM
We nearly got run ruled by Vandy in the '13 SEC tournament. We then went on an amazing run to the finals in Omaha. I just hope we practice fielding bunts this week

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 10:40 PM
It's a balancing act with the pitching staff in a long tournament like that. I think our attitude was we're down so let's try some guys and see if someone steps up. It happened with Houston. It didn't work for most like Young.

Unfortunately we just didn't get a chance to work him in.

But we literally were still in the game down 5-1 AND could have kept it close if we put in Rigby. Our best pen guy who can throw 91+ side armed and pitch a lot of innings and we don't use him the whole tournament. Did we even want to win this thing?

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 10:45 PM
I'd be lying if I tried to answer the question about the indield because I have no clue and have never played indield on either.

Also wanted to ask, does Luke Alexander have a chance to be an all SEC type of Short Stop? Can he beat out Gridley next year for it?

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 10:50 PM
But we literally were still in the game down 5-1 AND could have kept it close if we put in Rigby. Our best pen guy who can throw 91+ side armed and pitch a lot of innings and we don't use him the whole tournament. Did we even want to win this thing?

I don't think we were all that concerned with winning the SEC Tournament. Winning doesn't help us in this case. We are a National Seed. Burning up our bullpen is not in our best interests. It would have been nice to win it and I do think we were trying to- but when we got down it just wasn't worth it.

JohnnyQuid
05-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Also wanted to ask, does Luke Alexander have a chance to be an all SEC type of Short Stop? Can he beat out Gridley next year for it?

I'd put money on gridley at 2nd next year. it's where he should be but we don't have another option.

I was hard on him last year but he's alot better at the plate this year. he's limited at SS but I don't get the hate for him lately. he's much better than Alexander at the plate at least what I saw from luke this year - I'm sure he'll improve as well tho

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 10:56 PM
I'd put money on gridley at 2nd next year. it's where he should be but we don't have another option.

I was hard on him last year but he's alot better at the plate this year. he's limited at SS but I don't get the hate for him lately. he's much better than Alexander at the plate at least what I saw from luke this year - I'm sure he'll improve as well tho

He's okay at short stop not bad or great. A field like the Met showed just how average in the field he is. Fortunately, he knows Dudy Noble so we should be okay in our regional and super regional. We get to TD Ameritrade and all bets are off though.

msstate7
05-27-2016, 10:57 PM

Luke is a really good sec defensive SS now. Offense is the issue, but he has pop and I think he'll be much improved next season

sandjunky
05-27-2016, 11:07 PM

I'll take that bet...

the59dawg
05-27-2016, 11:12 PM

Agree completely. Coach mailed the game in leaving Sexton in there. He gave up 11 hits in 4 innings. Sheegsh

msstate7
05-27-2016, 11:16 PM
I'll take that bet...

You thinking Gridley at SS or Stovall locking down 2b?

msstate7
05-27-2016, 11:17 PM
Agree completely. Coach mailed the game in leaving Sexton in there. He gave up 11 hits in 4 innings. Sheegsh

We're entering a regional with all 3 of our weekend starters coming off a bad start. Not good

HoopsDawg
05-27-2016, 11:36 PM
We're entering a regional with all 3 of our weekend starters coming off a bad start. Not good

Houston has to be the #3.

sandjunky
05-27-2016, 11:59 PM
You thinking Gridley at SS or Stovall locking down 2b?

Stovall at 2b....

Todd4State
05-28-2016, 06:09 AM

I agree with you about LA. Defensively he is our best and it's just a matter of getting the bar up to speed.

Something to remember about his hitting- last two games he hit he had a home run and a single with a broken wrist.

GreenheadDawg
05-28-2016, 06:28 AM

Hopefully that means they have something to prove