PDA

View Full Version : I just wonder how much is really spent on recruits?!

SailingDawg
05-27-2016, 07:57 PM
If these few infractions only add up to $15k spent by boosters, and the UNM law force billed their school $1.5MM for their work, how much was REALLY spent on these top recruiting classes?

Tunsil's text messages read like there was an agreement of money to be spent on an ongoing basis. What did they pay in outright cash for him? What were monthly expenses for him and his family?

Nkemdiche family? They had to buy Denzel to get Robert. Then we hear rumors of white boyfriends, trashed apartments that he never paid rent for, proof of drug use multiple times, buying dad a car, getting dad a job...what else?

Treadwell's posts during recruiting with white girls, cash, etc.

Bo 'the Gambler' Wallace? Chad Kelly? Not to mention some of the current recruits with questionable pasts. Then AJ Brown and his new car?

And they continued to recruit and spend in the same manner while being investigated. This has to add up to million(s) spent on kids to win a few games. If the NCAA ever had someone spill the beans and lay it all out for them there would certainly be the death penalty. And I'm not naive enough to think most universities don't get involved in payola, but the extent to which the mighty rebels have blatantly thrown money around is simply astonishing.

missouridawg
05-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Every Tuesday and Friday Clay Travis has a mailbag. Lately, there have been a lot of stories told on recruits. Read up in it. Good stuff

KB549
05-27-2016, 08:28 PM
If these few infractions only add up to $15k spent by boosters, and the UNM law force billed their school $1.5MM for their work, how much was REALLY spent on these top recruiting classes?

Tunsil's text messages read like there was an agreement of money to be spent on an ongoing basis. What did they pay in outright cash for him? What were monthly expenses for him and his family?

Nkemdiche family? They had to buy Denzel to get Robert. Then we hear rumors of white boyfriends, trashed apartments that he never paid rent for, proof of drug use multiple times, buying dad a car, getting dad a job...what else?

Bo 'the Gambler' Wallace? Chad Kelly? Not to mention some of the current recruits with questionable pasts. Then AJ Brown and his new car?

And they continued to recruit and spend in the same manner while being investigated. This has to add up to million(s) spent on kids to win a few games. If the NCAA ever had someone spill the beans and lay it all out for them there would certainly be the death penalty.And I'm not naive enough to think most universities don't get involved in payola, but the extent to which the mighty rebels have blatantly thrown money around is simply astonishing.
If the NCAA could prove what we all know, UNM sports would cease to exist permanently. It's one thing to get caught and tone it down knowing some penalties are coming. This is a whole nother level. SMU^100

Jack Lambert
05-27-2016, 09:30 PM
If the NCAA could prove what we all know, UNM sports would cease to exist permanently. It's one thing to get caught and tone it down knowing some penalties are coming. This is a whole nother level. SMU^100

I don't think they will take sports away from any SEC schools however they will make it hard for them to compete.

SDDawg
05-28-2016, 10:33 AM
MILLIONS is the answer.

Coach34
05-28-2016, 10:37 AM
Tunsil came from Fla where their house was worth 40K- 40K in 2012. And Tunsil has been pictured wearing a Rolex on the OM sideline. A Rolex.

They get stupid amounts of money and burn thru it quickly

1bigdawg
05-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Lots of money is spent on recruits at UNM. Little of it has been proven. But the NCAA has a history of penalizing what they know/believe happened, not just what they can prove. For example, the NCAA did not mention the Treadwell cash display because they cannot prove it was not borrowed for the picture or that he had it prior to his arrival at UNM. Instead, the knowledge that he had been given the money will help them decide whether the proven incidents are classed as Aggravation, Standard, or Mitigation which determines the level of penalties.

Tbonewannabe
05-28-2016, 11:12 AM
I always heard it was kind of a gentleman agreement that you could take care of your athletes once they got to school but you didn't buy their signature on the scholarship. Not sure if that is actually true but sounds right.

SailingDawg
05-28-2016, 07:42 PM
Every Tuesday and Friday Clay Travis has a mailbag. Lately, there have been a lot of stories told on recruits. Read up in it. Good stuff

I read a few from recent weeks. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

dawgoneyall
05-28-2016, 09:16 PM

And they continued to recruit and spend in the same manner while being investigated. This has to add up to million(s) spent on kids to win a few games. If the NCAA ever had someone spill the beans and lay it all out for them there would certainly be the death penalty. And I'm not naive enough to think most universities don't get involved in payola, but the extent to which the mighty rebels have blatantly thrown money around is simply astonishing.

Heard 1.5 mil in 2013 class an 3.5 mil this year while knowing they were under investigation.
Inflation suxs. But wait inflation isn't that bad. Recon it was a last hooray.

SnoopDawg
05-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Coach34... I can't come to grips with how Tunsil's momma has a $40K house in Florida and then has a $150k in Oxfart and I thought I heard she didn't even have a job. Seems like that would send up a red flag in the NCAA investigation. I wonder what the step father said about this to the NCAA, if anything.

Corn Bread
05-28-2016, 11:25 PM
Coach34... I can't come to grips with how Tunsil's momma has a $40K house in Florida and then has a $150k in Oxfart and I thought I heard she didn't even have a job. Seems like that would send up a red flag in the NCAA investigation. I wonder what the step father said about this to the NCAA, if anything.

2013 and 2015 class. For these two classes each had a budget of $5 million budget from the network. Good source on this.