PDA

View Full Version : Caught in a lie

YoungB
05-27-2016, 07:22 PM
I have heard this posed in different ways, most recently by Really Clark in a diff thread, but thought I would break it out for emphasis.

Even if you take all the allegations and responses at face value, and all facts as they stand and reported by OM, there is a major problem with the confirmation today that Tunsils draft stuff is new.

It it goes like this. After each interview with all OM staff it likely ends with...

NCAA - anything else? This is your chance to tell your side.
OM Coach - That's it. that's the whole truth
NCAA - you are sure?
OM Coach - Yes, that's everything

NCAA sends NOA
OM Sends response in April

After the response
Miller Lawsuit - I need Freeze to go back on the record for something not in the NCAA interviews
Tunsil Red Draft Night - new allegations

NCAA still investigating

Even if everything new is minor, it ruins the credibility of everyone caught in the lie.

Cover ups = show cause

YoungB

blacklistedbully
05-27-2016, 07:28 PM
I have heard this posed in different ways, most recently by Really Clark in a diff thread, but thought I would break it out for emphasis.

Even if you take all the allegations and responses at face value, and all facts as they stand and reported by OM, there is a major problem with the confirmation today that Tunsils draft stuff is new.

It it goes like this. After each interview with all OM staff it likely ends with...

NCAA - you are sure?

NCAA sends NOA

After the response
Miller Lawsuit - I need Freeze to go back on the record for something not in the NCAA interviews

NCAA still investigating

Even if everything new is minor, it ruins the credibility of everyone caught in the lie.

Cover ups = show cause

YoungB

This is why they are desperate to get the Tunsil payments classified as those allowed by the NCAA. But if they were, one would think they could have and would have come up with immediate proof and an immediate denial.

They didn't.

Coackjek
05-27-2016, 07:39 PM

NCAA - you are sure?

NCAA sends NOA

After the response

NCAA still investigating

Cover ups = show cause

YoungB

And on top of it still Freeze and Co. want their depositions closed in the Miller lawsuit. If there was nothing else to hide then why try to get the judge to seal their testimony?

Mjoelner34
05-27-2016, 07:42 PM
It's also why the righteous, honorable and truthful Reverend Freeze doesn't want the NCAA to be privy to any testimony he has to give under oath. Just another example of 'exemplary cooperation'.

Dolphus Raymond
05-27-2016, 07:43 PM
I thought this NOA would be rough for Ole Miss, but manageable. However, it contained eight major violations in football alone, which is much worse than I honestly expected. I suspect that more than a few Ole Miss fans are highly pissed-off right now. For a year, Bjork et al have been insisting that the situation was under control and that most of the allegations were from the pre-Freeze era then today BOOM: Eight Level One allegations in football alone. Ouch!! is an understatement. Ross Bjork and the Ole Miss fan site media have zero credibility.
And it is not over. The Tunsil situation remains an open sore that will, in all likelihood, result in another NOA for Ole Miss to deal with. Better them than us.

bobtail bob
05-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Draft night changed everything for the johnny rebs. They had all this ready to go hoping to skate with minor penalties.

Saltydog
05-27-2016, 08:09 PM
affect that it's the NCAA's practice not to levy sanctions if there are other possible infractions. In other words, the NCAA will likely lump all this stuff together and not open a full second investigation, thus no "repeat offender" status. Not sure if that's true or not so take it FWIW.

KB549
05-27-2016, 08:15 PM
This is exactly what the sunshine pumpers are afraid to admit to themselves. They think that asking for an extension while they investigate these new allegations will be accepted by the NCAA, and it very well may be accepted. The NCAA may also completely hammer them for it.

Think about it like this. If you were on trial for breaking into a dwelling, and you took the stand and said "Yeah, I broke in, but I didn't steal any money." Then, one of your own witnesseses is shown text messages of you and him talking about the break-in and asking you for some of the money. Under cross examination, the lawyer says, "Did the defendant give you some of the break-in money?" And he replies, "I'd have to say Yeah."

So, you mean you are going to ask the judge to delay sentencing you for the break in charge because you need to prepare a defense for the theft charge? No. I don't think that dog will hunt. The judge will hand down a sentence for the break-in and then you get to get another one for the robbery. And likely, the judge will be mad that you lied about the robbery and give you the max. It doesn't matter how well you cooperated on the first charge. Cooperating while covering up something else during an active investigation would generally be seen as "Not a good thing." But, hey. What do I know? (not a lawyer, so maybe I messed up some of the legal aspects, but you get the point)

Bottom line is they are trying to delay the inevitable.