PDA

View Full Version : Humphries not starting against RHP

Coach34
05-27-2016, 06:17 PM
For the 2nd time the last couple of weeks. His average is quickly headed under .300. So just remember this when some of you like to tell me "I was wrong". Sitting Hump in an elimination game against a top 5 team shows the level of confidence we have in him hitting RHP's

smootness
05-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Humphreys. Humphreys Humphreys Humphreys

Also, you must enjoy your reputation as the one guy who can't wait for State players to struggle.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 06:28 PM
I just point out when things happen that I say will happen. I'm sorry it's hurts people's feelings

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-27-2016, 06:33 PM
You're still wrong. .310 isn't .270. He's tied for 10th in the league for doubles and 2 RBIs outside of the top 10 in that catagory as well.

HoopsDawg
05-27-2016, 06:39 PM
I'm not with you on this coach. Rooker is sitting out as well. And we will probably lose.

Surely you would rather have hump over c brown.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 06:46 PM
You're still wrong. .310 isn't .270. He's tied for 10th in the league for doubles and 2 RBIs outside of the top 10 in that catagory as well.

If Cohen had played him that last time plus tonight- he would be under .300 when the night is done. His average won't do anything but drop the next 3 weeks. He will hit higher than .270 thanks to what he did vs LHP's earlier in the year- but RHP's are eating him up and it's to the point we won't even play him. Call me wrong- but when we choose not to play him because we know he won't hit- I'm really not wrong

smootness
05-27-2016, 06:46 PM
I just point out when things happen that I say will happen. I'm sorry it's hurts people's feelings

...which simply proves that the only things you care to say will happen are always negative for State or a State player.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 06:47 PM
I'm not with you on this coach. Rooker is sitting out as well. And we will probably lose.

Surely you would rather have hump over c brown.

Not against a RHP- Hump leads the team far and away in K's for a reason

smootness
05-27-2016, 06:47 PM
If Cohen had played him that last time plus tonight- he would be under .300 when the night is done. His average won't do anything but drop the next 3 weeks.

I couldn't possibly face palm any harder.

BeardoMSU
05-27-2016, 06:48 PM
...which simply proves that the only things you care to say will happen are always negative for State or a State player.

Yep, and it always deserves its own thread for some reason.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 06:48 PM

No- it simply proves I don't exclude State players or coaches when I point out that I'm right on things.

i say plenty of things about players and coaches at other schools as well- and I trumpet that shit also

smootness
05-27-2016, 06:51 PM
No- it simply proves I don't exclude State players or coaches when I point out that I'm right on things.

i say plenty of things about players and coaches at other schools as well- and I trumpet that shit also

Congrats?

Is this what you were looking for from this thread?

Yes, you said Humphreys would hit .270. He's actually hitting .310 with an OPS of .900 but he sat against a RHP in one game in the SECT...so congrats, you were somehow right.

coastdoglover
05-27-2016, 06:53 PM
I have no dog in this hunt but Cohen at times is puzzling. Starts players who haven't played in a while in big games almost makes it look like to me, he is ready to go home and play next week. I will wait to see what happens in the next two weeks but last night when we brought in a new pitcher with 2 strikes on a batter was baffling. Time will tell.

Bucky Dog
05-27-2016, 06:54 PM
For the 2nd time the last couple of weeks. His average is quickly headed under .300. So just remember this when some of you like to tell me "I was wrong". Sitting Hump in an elimination game against a top 5 team shows the level of confidence we have in him hitting RHP's

Seriously Coach?! You may have 2 people on you with this. Give it a rest! Yes he struggles with RHP but he has also gotten some clutch hits and RBI's against them as well. David Ortiz hits much better against righties than lefties and strikes out a lot too. You just cannot admit that you said he wouldn't hit .270 and be sitting the bench at the end of the year in place of your boy Cody.

Now is not the time for your devisiveness just to try and prove you are right. Which you aren't!

BeardoMSU
05-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Congrats?

Is this what you were looking for from this thread?

Exactly. Stop being an infant.

wasabaka
05-27-2016, 07:05 PM
This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on this board. Tonight has nothing to do with facing a RHP. Also, your prediction is horribly wrong, and will still be wrong at the end of the year.

wasabaka
05-27-2016, 07:18 PM
By the way, this is what it looks like when a prediction comes true:

http://s33.postimg.org/nbr6oca1b/image.jpg

From your thread here (http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?42618-North-Carolina-9-SC-0-Top-7th).

CadaverDawg
05-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Such a stupid thing to try and brag about. He's 40 points higher than .270. You are nowhere near being right about this. Who brags about something they're not even close to being right about?

Dawg61
05-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Hump is just as close to batting .350 as he is hitting .270.

Bucky Dog
05-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Bbbbbbuuuut his average has dropped 20 points in the last 3 weeks so Coach is RIGHT!!!

Coach34
05-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Hump is just as close to batting .350 as he is hitting .270.

when the final pitch is thrown- Hump wont be over .300

CadaverDawg
05-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Then you'll still be way wrong. Unless it's .270

So why are we having this discussion again

wasabaka
05-27-2016, 08:16 PM

You will be wrong on this one just as badly as you were the first time.

basedog
05-27-2016, 09:49 PM
34 always has an agenda, stop the madness!

I probably will be attending the regional, I hope Hudson and Sexton come alive as well as the other pitchers. I believe we will hit and score runs against teams other than the Sec.

JohnnyQuid
05-27-2016, 09:59 PM
c34 got the bluff on everybody. I used to think he's crazy or a total asshat. he's controversial and makes alot of unpopular statements - but all that stuff creates tons of board activity and 3-4-5 page threads.

and gotta hand it to him - even when he's wrong he don't back down from the original wild ass statement lol.

I don't think hump will get to 270 but he's not what alot of people think he is. if hump was an everyday guy I shudder yo think about his avg. why would anyone ever throw him anything other than offspeed?

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Cohen played the guys that played well when we played Forida. No more no less.

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 10:52 PM
If Humphreys is a high draft pick, you play him regardless of whether left handed pitchers or right handed pitchers pitch. Cody Brown has been struggling mightily down the stretch. I wouldn't have taken both Humphreys and Rooker out. I would have played Humphreys and would have started him in the six hole. Cody Brown came up twice with two guys aboard and misplayed a ball he allowed to roll to the wall. He went 0-2 in both situations. I really wouldn't play Cody Brown in the post season unless in a pinch hit situation. Humphreys needs to play every day period.

whatever
05-27-2016, 11:42 PM
nm

BeardoMSU
05-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Someone must've drank too much Tito's tonight**

shannondawg
05-28-2016, 05:34 AM
To me sitting Hump out is baffling as keeping Sexton in.

raymond21
05-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Rooker is in the same category. Neither can touch a breaking pitch from a RH pitcher

basedog
05-28-2016, 07:18 AM
To me sitting Hump out is baffling as keeping Sexton in.

I wondered the same thing, looked to me as if Cohen used this game as a practice game. I have no idea what was going through Sexton's head but he was down right awful, his pitches were slow and waste high, no way do I think he was focused.
Humphrey and Rooker have been easy outs the last several games, maybe siting them will get there attention.

If we are gonna advance to the CWS, we all know Hudson and Sexton mus be on there A game. I do think we will hit and score runs.

K9 Avenger
05-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Such a stupid thing to try and brag about. He's 40 points higher than .270. You are nowhere near being right about this. Who brags about something they're not even close to being right about?

Hmmmm...a troll?

shannondawg
05-28-2016, 08:20 AM
I agree, I think he used this tournament as tinker time. Whether that was right or wrong, is undecided, but we had won the championship outright and had nothing to prove.

I wondered the same thing, looked to me as if Cohen used this game as a practice game. I have no idea what was going through Sexton's head but he was down right awful, his pitches were slow and waste high, no way do I think he was focused.
Humphrey and Rooker have been easy outs the last several games, maybe siting them will get there attention.

If we are gonna advance to the CWS, we all know Hudson and Sexton mus be on there A game. I do think we will hit and score runs.