Dawg496
05-27-2016, 02:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cjeh6NZWkAAJXgO.jpg:large

Coach34
05-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Excellent job here

8 Level 1 football violations
8 Disassociated Boosters
2 show causes known with probably 2 more coming from the current staff.

No way in hell they accept the OM self-imposed BS

And there is still more to come with Tunsil and others.

Dawg496
05-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Per this: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/matrix.pdf

The NCAA minimum penalty for one Level 1 "standard" violation is:

1. 1 to 2 year postseason ban
2. $5,000 plus 1 to 3% of school's budget as a financial penalty (1% of 80 million is 800k, fyi)
3. 12.5% to 25% in scholarship reductions
4. 2 to 5 year show cause for "All or partial coaching and recruiting duties (including game suspensions)"
5. Head Coach Restriction (game suspension via show cause) to the effect of 30 to 50% of season
6. 12.5% to 25% recruiting visit reduction (and other recruiting limitations)
7. 2 to 6 years in probation

Again this is for one standard Level 1 violation. Mississippi is charged with EIGHT LEVEL 1 VIOLATIONS in football alone.

Dawg496
05-27-2016, 04:14 PM
Now there is a chance (even likelihood) that some of the level 1s will be downgraded to level 2 or maybe "mitigated" level 1.

But even if just 1 level 1 violation is enforced under the "standard" penalties, Ole Miss will have a minimum of a 1 year bowl ban.

Liverpooldawg
05-27-2016, 04:24 PM

2. $5,000 plus 1 to 3% of school's budget as a financial penalty (1% of 80 million is 800k, fyi)
4. 2 to 5 year show cause for "All or partial coaching and recruiting duties (including game suspensions)"
5. Head Coach Restriction (game suspension via show cause) to the effect of 30 to 50% of season

Again this is for one standard Level 1 violation. Mississippi is charged with EIGHT LEVEL 1 VIOLATIONS in football alone.

That's gonna leave a mark.

BeardoMSU
05-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Good info, dude.

Reason2succeed
05-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Crippling

Bucky Dog
05-27-2016, 04:53 PM
Excellent job here

8 Disassociated Boosters

What gets me, Coach, is the clowns on Bafoon still are saying this is all nothing new, they planned for this, and they think the scholly reductions and self imposed penalties will be accepted and it's time to move on!!! Is it complete brainwashing going on, or are they that stupid, hypocritical and continue to lie thinking everyone will believe them??

Someone needs to pin the classic song from the Carpenter's: We've Only Just Begun!

Dawgowar
05-27-2016, 04:59 PM
I liked this:
* For cases in which financial aid overages have occurred, a minimum 2-for-1 reduction in financial aid awards shall apply up to at least 20% of the team financial aid limit.

And hope it is found to be 'Aggravated"

Dawg496
05-27-2016, 05:02 PM
After seeing this I fully expect 30 scholarships and a 2 year bowl ban even without any second NOA.

Dawgowar
05-27-2016, 05:03 PM
After seeing this I fully expect 30 scholarships and a 2 year bowl ban even without any second NOA.

UNM Choir sings "9 over 3 heretic! 9 over 3! We are Exemplary!"

NYDawg
05-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Five years from now we'll hear how Freeze, Bjork, Luke and Kiffin all went rogue and poor old OM got stuck with the penalties.

Ole Miss coaches: If you're not still on the bus, you're under it.

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Thing of it is....what is in the NOA is just what the NCAA could find..... not all that was going on.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-27-2016, 05:32 PM

Having said all of this.....And we're thinking the second round will be worse than the first? Can I get a "Holy Hell!"

DawgFromOxford
05-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Can someone explain what it means to be an aggravated violation please? What does it take for the violation to be bumped up from standard to be considered aggravation?

Really Clark?
05-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Can someone explain what it means to be an aggravated violation please? What does it take for the violation to be bumped up from standard to be considered aggravation?

Couple of different things but the 3 main ones would be lack of cooperation or lying/cover up violation, lack of institutional control is automatic, and any time you have more than 1 Level 1 violation they become aggravated. However, that last one can be mitigated down.

Reason2succeed
05-27-2016, 07:04 PM

Aggravated is when the NCAA is on campus and boosters and coaches are so brazen that they are still cheating. When the NCAA finds out they get AGGRAVATED.

Political Hack
05-27-2016, 08:07 PM
What gets me, Coach, is the clowns on Bafoon still are saying this is all nothing new, they planned for this, and they think the scholly reductions and self imposed penalties will be accepted and it's time to move on!!! Is it complete brainwashing going on, or are they that stupid, hypocritical and continue to lie thinking everyone will believe them??

Someone needs to pin the classic song from the Carpenter's: We've Only Just Begun!

I promise you the investigators are reading that crap.

dotcomdawg
05-27-2016, 08:14 PM
It's pretty amazing what that fanbase will keep believing. A very gullible lot. Their "higher ups" keep feeding them info and-- time after time-- they are wrong. Yet they keep believing. It is going to be a true $#it$how when the second hammer falls next spring and they will have no where else to turn and feel EXTREMELY betrayed.

Reason2succeed
05-27-2016, 08:41 PM

So let's assume that on just half of the level 1 violations they get the minimum penalty for. Assume the rest they completely skate on and we will act like nothing else is coming even though we know it will. Here's what you get:

1. At least 4 year postseason bowl ban
2. $20k + at the very least $3.2 million (that's at 1% of their $80K budget)
3. 50% in scholarship reduction
4. Show causes would be based off how many allegations each coach is caught in. I think Kiffin is named in three.
5. Hugh would have to miss at least a full season
6. 50% recruiting visit reduction
7. 8 years of probation

I didn't major in engineering at State so tell me if my math is wrong. Remember this is only if they get punished for half.

Surely the NCAA can't drop this on a program. The more humane thing to do would be to just give them a one year death penalty and be done with it.
We don't expect them to go that far either so...

What in the world is the NCAA going to do with these trash bags?

Dawg496
05-27-2016, 08:44 PM
So let's assume that on just half of the level 1 violations they get the minimum penalty for. Assume the rest they completely skate on and we will act like nothing else is coming even though we know it will. Here's what you get:

1. At least 4 year postseason bowl ban
2. $20k + at the very least $3.2 million (that's at 1% of their $80K budget)
3. 50% in scholarship reduction
4. Show causes would be based off how many allegations each coach is caught in. I think Kiffin is named in three.
5. Hugh would have to miss at least a full season
6. 50% recruiting visit reduction
7. 8 years of probation

I didn't major in engineering at State so tell me if my math is wrong. Remember this is only if they get punished for half.

Surely the NCAA can't drop this on a program. The more humane thing to do would be to just give them a one year death penalty and be done with it.
We don't expect them to go that for either so...

What in the world is the NCAA going to do with these trash bags?

Certainly they won't drop this on Ole Miss. I bet it's like a criminal preceding where they get to serve the bowl ban concurrently on multiple charges.

I'll stick with 2 year ban, 30 scholarships and severe limitation of recruiting.

Dawgowar
05-27-2016, 08:46 PM
This would be UNM about now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twp5vOKEivA

KB549
05-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Thank you. UNM got exactly what they wanted. I couldn't get past all those poster graphic crap they put out. It was obvious they were trying too hard to put gloss on a turd. I bet they spent a good portion of that $1.5M on those pretty posters. That's probably what the extension was for. In typical fashion, it's "Hey look at this" distraction while we slip the response that is too long to read under your nose.

You should tweet this to ol' Bucky. You know, since he wasn't involved in the fact finding. Poor old fella probably still doesn't know what they done wrong.

Jack Lambert
05-27-2016, 09:14 PM

those ole miss pricks who think it is done are fools. I have heard several say and think that the NCAA is going to accept what ole miss self propose with out adding any more to it.

baeraton
05-27-2016, 09:26 PM

Was only on here to follow the baseball thread (bummed you guys lost honestly), but saw this and made an account real quick.

The school isn't given ALL of those penalties for each level 1 violation. They're separated into categories, and the category of the violation determines which penalty they get. Ole Miss is likely only trying to get hit for the level 1 violations directly related to Freeze and his staff (the Tunsil stuff and the recruiting thing with the free breakfast). Their self imposed penalties actually line up with the minimum penalties then, but will likely be slightly increased by the NCAA so they look tough.

The applicable penalties in this case would be 2, 3, 6 and 7, as well as assistant coaches getting suspended. Also, number 2 is wrong. It's 3% of the program budget, not the school's.

2: I don't know the football program's budget, so I can't tell you how close they are with their penalty, but I'm gonna assume it was lower than what it should be.
3: 12.5% of 85 scholarships is 10.6, which rounds up to 11. They have the minimum penalty here.
6: They're reducing recruiting visits and adding, although I don't think we were given an actual number. Probably close to what's required.
7: 3 years of probation is over the minimum, so they're good there. Another year may be added.

It's likely that at least one of the level 1's will be downgraded, and I don't know how the NCAA will treat them for the stuff under Nutt (probably will be fairly light considering Ole Miss took action on their own here. Yeah, yeah, USC and whatnot, but they also let their head coach stay there for a few more years and whatnot).

Call me delusional and ignore me if you want, I don't care. Just thought I'd point out that you're interpreting the "minimum" penalties wrong. Sorry about the baseball game again, I was looking forward to a rematch. I'll **** right off now.

Jack Lambert
05-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Was only on here to follow the baseball thread (bummed you guys lost honestly), but saw this and made an account real quick.

The school isn't given ALL of those penalties for each level 1 violation. They're separated into categories, and the category of the violation determines which penalty they get. Ole Miss is likely only trying to get hit for the level 1 violations directly related to Freeze and his staff (the Tunsil stuff and the recruiting thing with the free breakfast). Their self imposed penalties actually line up with the minimum penalties then, but will likely be slightly increased by the NCAA so they look tough.

The applicable penalties in this case would be 2, 3, 6 and 7, as well as assistant coaches getting suspended. Also, number 2 is wrong. It's 3% of the program budget, not the school's.

2: I don't know the football program's budget, so I can't tell you how close they are with their penalty, but I'm gonna assume it was lower than what it should be.
3: 12.5% of 85 scholarships is 10.6, which rounds up to 11. They have the minimum penalty here.
6: They're reducing recruiting visits and adding, although I don't think we were given an actual number. Probably close to what's required.
7: 3 years of probation is over the minimum, so they're good there. Another year may be added.

It's likely that at least one of the level 1's will be downgraded, and I don't know how the NCAA will treat them for the stuff under Nutt (probably will be fairly light considering Ole Miss took action on their own here. Yeah, yeah, USC and whatnot, but they also let their head coach stay there for a few more years and whatnot).

Call me delusional and ignore me if you want, I don't care. Just thought I'd point out that you're interpreting the "minimum" penalties wrong. Sorry about the baseball game again, I was looking forward to a rematch. I'll **** right off now.

Ya'll asses are in the fire pit. Click an ad.

Really Clark?
05-27-2016, 09:35 PM

You conveniently left off all the ACT fraud violations. You know the same violations that got ULL 3 years and 11 Scholarships. The same figures you are trying to self impose as the final penalties for ULL. BTW, ULL had ONE Level 1 violation. Click an ad.

Boodawg
05-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Bump

TrapGame
05-28-2016, 08:36 AM

Eight level one violations in all. Eight. And this is just round one.

You guys are royally screwed.

And like Jack said, click an ad.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
05-28-2016, 08:50 AM
Wouldn't vacated wins be called for in this case? All I've read is a couple articles and comments on the violations, but if 3 players had doctored ACT's and there were other violations were close to that serious, I would think any game they touched the field would be vacated. I don't remember how much, but ULL lost a couple seasons right? Would think OM would be in the same situation. Just a guess, but I think OM lets the ncaa add on vacated wins so they can appease the flock by saying "the mean ole ncaa did it and we don't agree but are going to accept it." I would much rather see more s chollies taken and/or postseason ban, but just saying I don't see how they think no wins will be vacated.

Schultzy
05-28-2016, 09:03 AM
In 2013, the NCAA rearranged its violation structure on a four-tier system ? from Level 1 through Level 4 ? and placed increased responsibility on head coaches to ensure their programs toed the line of accountability. Of the 13 violations listed in the NCAA?s Notice of Allegations, nine took place under Freeze; worse yet, many of the violations are deemed of the Level 1 variety, per the NCAA. Those represent, in the NCAA?s terminology, a ?severe breach of conduct,? with examples ranging from a ?lack of institutional control? through a ?head coach responsibility violation.?

USA TODAY
NCAA-Ole Miss: Complete allegations, response

Under the previous structure, NCAA penalties hinged on if a head coach was aware of the violations, or whether there was ?a presumption of knowledge.? That is no longer the standard: The bylaw now ?presumes responsibility,? meaning, essentially, that the head coach is considered guilty until proven innocent.

As such, the severity of the penalties may equal the crime ? with the changes implemented in 2013 potentially placing Freeze in a position where he may face a suspension ranging from 10% of a season to an entire season, if not more, or a show-cause order.

Paul Myerberg USA Today

ETA: do not misunderstand baeraton, I do admire your optimism while staring at this mile wide cat5 tornado coming right at you

Turfdawg67
05-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Excellent job here

8 Disassociated Boosters

What "others"? And by the way, where's the burner phones, the Bo Scarborough payoff, C. Jones stuff... etc.? Shouldn't that stuff have been in the 1st NOA?

Coach34
05-28-2016, 09:14 AM
What "others"? And by the way, where's the burner phones, the Bo Scarborough payoff, C. Jones stuff... etc.? Shouldn't that stuff have been in the 1st NOA?

No- that alot of that came along after the 1st NOA

NYDawg
05-28-2016, 09:57 AM

It's likely that at least one of the level 1's will be downgraded, and I don't know how the NCAA will treat them for the stuff under Nutt (probably will be fairly light considering Ole Miss took action on their own here.

This sums up what they're trying to do: break it up into pieces and marginalize each item. I'd do the same in their shoes. The problem is that we're not talking about isolated events. And looking at the totality of the circumstances, you have SIXTEEN (16) LEVEL ONE VIOLATIONS across multiple sports over the last decade. EIGHT (8) of those involve football, including FOUR (4) during the Freeze era.

So let's look at the LEVEL ONE violations first. The "old" charges involve ACT fraud and improper benefits to football prospects. The improper benefits continued under Freeze, with four different boosters identified and called out for their weak cover stories. The first booster gave cars to two different players, including different cars to one player after he was called out for using the first car. The "plane booster" attempted to mislead investigators about giving cash to Tunsil's stepdad but couldn't explain the texts and financial records supporting the stepdad's story. The hotel/rental home booster tried the old "do not recall" defense, but even OM's reply recognizes that this is not terribly credible. The FCA booster claimed ignorance, which the OM reply seems to buy (I guess because he's Christian or something?), but here we have more convenient "misunderstandings". Some of these events occurred even after the impropriety of his involvement was brought to light. One rogue booster is just a rogue. Two is disconcerting. Four caught up in the same investigation is a pattern. Several boosters providing benefits under two different coaching regimes is an institutional failure. And these violations all follow the same pattern: act with indifference to the rule and feign ignorance of the rule and/or facts when caught. OM's response: they were caught providing benefits and gave garbage cover stories, so we'll disassociate from them temporarily. If you can't see how idiotic that sounds, I can't help you.

Now let's talk about mitigation. OM self-reported exactly ONE of the level one violations (#8), which they apparently viewed as a series of level two or three violations at the time. OM is not the target of two others (12 and 13; Vaughn and Sanders non-cooperation). OM obtained information from Canon Motors that added to what was known about one other level one violation (#1), but that just added onto a known violation by that booster. The NCAA already had the goods on them on allegations 3 and 4, and I'm not sure how being involved in the interviews and admitting that your boosters were full of crap amounts to exemplary cooperation there. The "old" violations were by OM coaches/staff and go to the core of the NCAA mission. So, yeah, 11 scholarships, some recruiting vacations for current staff, a few evaluation days, and 3 years of probation should do the trick.***

Those numbers also leave out TWO (2) LEVEL TWO VIOLATIONS in football under Freeze, including Failure to Monitor and a charge that a current coach misled his own compliance department to ensure that certain family members' expenses were paid by the school. The former is played off as a big mistake compounded by Tunsil lying; which may explain why he's not exactly toeing the party line. The latter - Kiffin misleading OM compliance - may explain the difference between it being a level 2 and a level 3 violation in the NoA.

Of course, all of this also leaves out Tunsil's draft day comments, which go into some tricky territory since the NCAA was already looking at his family's housing situation. You can bet dollars to donuts that all involved were asked open-ended questions about housing benefits, and it'll be interesting if their answers line up with the texts.

I have no idea how far the COI will go with penalties, in no small part because there aren't any truly comparable recent cases that cross different sports and coaching regimes over an extended period. That said, I wouldn't put too much confidence in the leaks and spin from an administration that has consistently misled the media and its fans throughout this process.

Dawg496
05-28-2016, 10:05 AM
I'd like to know how he detrermined that category 1 wouldn't apply. And how he detrermined only one of the level 1s will stick.

Schultzy
05-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Rebel attorney trolls beware, NYDawg will set you straight and slap you down.

I don't read many long posts but do not skip any of his.

MedDawg
05-28-2016, 12:26 PM