PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight RE Ole Miss probation (I have not followed closely).....

Taog Redloh
05-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Essentially Ole Miss is self-imposing 11 scholarships over 4 years for the current violations. Easy enough. More than a slap, but they survive. NCAA will probably give them a little more IMO.

The problem is Tunsil and what could happen from that, and as of now, there is some damning evidence.

Is that the gist of it?

Bubb Rubb
05-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Essentially Ole Miss is self-imposing 11 scholarships over 4 years for the current violations. Easy enough. More than a slap, but they survive. NCAA will probably give them a little more IMO.

The problem is Tunsil and what could happen from that, and as of now, there is some damning evidence.

Is that the gist of it?

There is other stuff that wasn't in this NOA. The Scarbrough stuff. The Chris Jones stuff. The burner phones. Tunsil on draft night.

Taog Redloh
05-27-2016, 01:48 PM
There is other stuff that wasn't in this NOA. The Scarbrough stuff. The Chris Jones stuff. The burner phones. Tunsil on draft night.

Yeah that's essentially what I meant. There's the NOA that got them 11 schollies or whatever. Then all the other.....

So it's not NEAR over, is my point.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Worst is yet to come

jumbo
05-27-2016, 01:52 PM
So it's not NEAR over, is my point.

It's not near over and it's going to be a lot worse than what they offered the NCAA

DancingRabbit
05-27-2016, 01:57 PM
Their suggested self-imposed sanctions are a joke. I guess that's the "unbelievable" aspect of the response that Bjork told us about.

Just based on this NOA they are going to lose 18-25 schollys, show-causes for 1 or 2 assistants, coach suspensions (including at least 1-2 games for Freeze), and probably some vacated wins.

fishwater99
05-27-2016, 02:05 PM
This is what ULL got..

A reduction in 11 scholarships spread over three seasons (through 2017-18) , recruiting restrictions and voiding all records from the 2011 season.

"Louisiana-Lafayette athletic director Scott Farmer made a point of noting that the NCAA described the university's level of cooperation as "exemplary" and chose not to impose a postseason ban on the Ragin' Cajuns."

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ncaa-accepts-ulls-self-sanctions-recruiting-fraud-probe

Really Clark?
05-27-2016, 02:15 PM
This is what ULL got..

A reduction in 11 scholarships spread over three seasons (through 2017-18) , recruiting restrictions and voiding all records from the 2011 season.

"Louisiana-Lafayette athletic director Scott Farmer made a point of noting that the NCAA described the university's level of cooperation as "exemplary" and chose not to impose a postseason ban on the Ragin' Cajuns."

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ncaa-accepts-ulls-self-sanctions-recruiting-fraud-probe

Yep. And that was for ONE Level 1 violation by the school (4 total including Saunders) and no other violations for the school. ONE infraction. Not 8 Level 1's plus Level 2's & 3's. ONE Level 1.

Tripp McNeely

Is that the gist of it?

Did om actually allude to a THIRD investigation in their response? 1. The NOA they responded to today; 2. The ongoing further investigation into the 13' and 16' classes and; 3. If the Tunsil draft night stuff wasn't addressed in the first NOA, wouldn't that be #3?

Maroonandwhite
What ever became of that situation with ex-con OM booster, Scott Walker, that was hosting football players for vacations? I haven't heard anything more about that either. Will that be part of more upcoming NOA's?

Indndawg
05-27-2016, 02:17 PM
I do not know how Bucky will survive these 1st set of allegations, much less with the cloud over his head during the summer.
Don't think he's as good as Bubba Clinton at compartmentalization.

BrunswickDawg
05-27-2016, 02:22 PM
http://c5.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/styles/original_image_with_cropping/public/uploaded/pic_giant_022415_SM_Bill-Clinton-Thumbs-Up_0.jpg?itok=4P2zAcvx

HailState39110
05-27-2016, 02:34 PM
This is what ULL got..

That what was so funny about the self imposed sanctions by Ole Miss. They gave themselves 9 schollies over three years yet Louisiana Lafayette gets 11 schollies over three years.i'm sure the NCAA would like to punish Ole Miss less since the academic fraud cheating scandal originated in Oxford.

With the additional violations they were probably looking at 12-15over 3. With the new Tunsil admission I would guesstimate they are somewhere close to 20 scholarships losses over 3-4 years.

What will be interesting will be any postseason bans, show causes or firings over any of this . I don't think Freeze is in the show cause discussion yet but a multi game suspension is definitely on the table