PDA

View Full Version : Two Things to Keep in Mind About the Ole Miss NOA

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2016, 12:22 PM
1. This isn't it. There is more to come. The NOA released today does not address the Tunsil fiasco

2. The NCAA punishes schools for what they think they did, not what they can prove. When MSU was placed on probation in the early 2000s, the sanctions far exceeded the allegations. Why? According to Rosebowl, because MSU was guilty of a lot more, but the NCAA couldn't prove it all & thus didn't include those allegations in the NOA. The NCAA will punish Ole Miss in a way that THEY think is appropriate, not in a way Ole Miss does.

TXDawg
05-27-2016, 12:56 PM
The president's letter to their fans admits that the Tunsil draft night fiasco was news to them and it's currently being investigated.

So much for the UM spin that this is "all over".

FISHDAWG
05-27-2016, 01:04 PM
1. This isn't it. There is more to come. The NOA released today does not address the Tunsil fiasco

2. The NCAA punishes schools for what they think they did, not what they can prove. When MSU was placed on probation in the early 2000s, the sanctions far exceeded the allegations. Why? According to Rosebowl, because MSU was guilty of a lot more, but the NCAA couldn't prove it all & thus didn't include those allegations in the NOA. The NCAA will punish Ole Miss in a way that THEY think is appropriate, not in a way Ole Miss does.

that's probably why the NCAA did not accept OM's proposed self imposed penalties

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Rosebowl said on the Boneyard today:

"There is much more to come. This only one shoe"

After OM released the response, Rosebowl got text messages from sources saying "they are still lying. There is much more to come"

spiral
05-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Hopefully they look at om like a judge would at someone who has gotten a couple of DUI's. What are the odds they just happened to get caught the only time(s) they drank and drove? If they thought it was ok to do enough to get caught twice then they are probably doing it a lot, if not all the time.

I believe that is why om is touting that it has been so thorough with the investigations for almost 4 years. They want to create the facade that everything that was done has been revealed. In reality they are relieved a whole lot more never got discovered.

Hopefully the NCAA looks at it all and simply does the right thing.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 01:11 PM
OM has lied about all this every step of the way. To think they aren't still lying is ludicrous. There is much more to come

DancingRabbit
05-27-2016, 01:16 PM
The NCAA did give OM credit for their cooperation, but that was well before the draft day revelations. Those revelations were a slap in the face to the NCAA.

Kudos the The Hacker, whoever he may be.

lefty96
05-27-2016, 01:22 PM
I wonder how long before the other shoe drops. With all that is in the first, the 2nd one will have a tough act to follow.

drunkernhelldawg
05-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Problem to me is that the NCAA always negotiates with offenders. I think the bears deserve a postseason ban at best and a one or two year death penalty at worst. But I can't help remembering UNC in NCAA's after the worst violations ever had come out on them.

Really Clark?
05-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Problem to me is that the NCAA always negotiates with offenders. I think the bears deserve a postseason ban at best and a one or two year death penalty at worst. But I can't help remembering UNC in NCAA's after the worst violations ever had come out on them.

You talking about the basketball team and the academic fraud issue? Penalties haven't been handed out yet

oldjoedawg
05-27-2016, 02:32 PM
DancingRabbit, what kind of 'credit' can be given when nothing has been finalized by the NCAA? Who in the world told you that tsun has been given 'credit'....have not seen where the NCAA said it.

The NCAA did give OM credit for their cooperation, but that was well before the draft day revelations. Those revelations were a slap in the face to the NCAA.

Kudos the The Hacker, whoever he may be.

DancingRabbit
05-27-2016, 03:03 PM
DancingRabbit, what kind of 'credit' can be given when nothing has been finalized by the NCAA? Who in the world told you that tsun has been given 'credit'....have not seen where the NCAA said it.

See page 39, 40 of the NOA