PDA

View Full Version : Who's Named and Who's Not?

Political Hack
05-27-2016, 10:47 AM
I guess Nutt wasn't lying when he said he's not involved, but apparently Freeze was. Although he's not a part of the "fact finding process" he was sure as hell interviewed. He provided a catered breakfast at his house that's listed as a violation. He's named. Not Nutt. Freeze.

It's unreal how they're constantly forgiven for lying. "Most are the old staff." Not even close to true.

Also, as anticipated there are 4 coaches named: Harris, Nix, Vaughn, and Sanders. In addition, Freeze and a grad assistant were named when explaining the violations as well. It's pervasive. It's a cultural identity that they're actually proud of. That unspoken nugget that can't be defined or measured is going to force the NCAA to hammer them.

This all adds up to bad news, but the worst is yet to come... A coach was giving a player money for bills. The fecal matter has already hit the fan, but it's still coming.

ElitedawgRecruiting
05-27-2016, 10:54 AM
Freeze was out fishing. Kiffin didn't know it was wrong. Nix been doing this for years, he never got in trouble sooo...., I mean didn't R@&$g take everyone at USP ACT?, and David didn't do none of this till he got to ULL. To quote a friend at ULL, "where the hell do you think this idiot learned how to do this?"

lefty96
05-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Freeze is only listed as being present when impermissible benefits were given like rides, hotel rooms and catered breakfasts.

Commercecomet24
05-27-2016, 10:56 AM
I guess Nutt wasn't lying when he said he's not involved, but apparently Freeze was. Although he's not a part of the "fact finding process" he was sure as hell interviewed. He provided a catered breakfast at his house that's listed as a violation. He's named. Not Nutt. Freeze.

It's unreal how they're constantly forgiven for lying. "Most are the old staff." Not even close to true.

Also, as anticipated there are 4 coaches named: Harris, Nix, Vaughn, and Sanders. In addition, Freeze and a grad assistant were named when explaining the violations as well. It's pervasive. It's a cultural identity that they're actually proud of. That unspoken nugget that can't be defined or measured is going to force the NCAA to hammer them.

This all adds up to bad news, but the worst is yet to come... A coach was giving a player money for bills. The fecal matter has already hit the fan, but it's still coming.

Hack, what's your best guess on how bad its gonna be for them, penalty wise?

Political Hack
05-27-2016, 11:44 AM
Hack, what's your best guess on how bad its gonna be for them, penalty wise?

I think it's at least 21 scholarships. Not sure about how many years but it will be a multi-year probation. Freeze won't get a any serious show cause, but the other 4 coaches will. Some worse than others. It is possible that Freeze could receive a short suspension since this happened on his watch and that's the new rule, but I don't see him sitting for a year or anything significant.

I think a bowl ban isn't off the table either as Loss of Institutional Control is a real possibility here. Maybe not in this round, but the continuing cascade of events doesn't look good for them. The fact that Barney was giving Tunsil money after this investigation was well underway spells BIG TIME problems for them. When they should've tightened up, they were still doling out cash. The NCAA is going to be pissed that they had STAFF giving improper benefits during the middle of an NCAA investigation. Combine that with Freeze's and Luke's reluctance to take the stand and it spells disaster for the Rebs.

TrapGame
05-27-2016, 11:47 AM
I think it's at least 21 scholarships. Not sure about how many years but it will be a multi-year probation. Freeze won't get a any serious show cause, but the other 4 coaches will. Some worse than others. It is possible that Freeze could receive a short suspension since this happened on his watch and that's the new rule, but I don't see him sitting for a year or anything significant.

I think a bowl ban isn't off the table either as Loss of Institutional Control is a real possibility here. Maybe not in this round, but the continuing cascade of events doesn't look good for them. The fact that Barney was giving Tunsil money after this investigation was well underway spells BIG TIME problems for them. When they should've tightened up, they were still doling out cash. The NCAA is going to be pissed that they had STAFF giving improper benefits during the middle of an NCAA investigation. Combine that with Freeze's and Luke's reluctance to take the stand and it spells disaster for the Rebs.

And this should be automatic death penalty in my opinion. You are steal cheating while under investigation for cheating. That's dumbassery at its finest.

RiverCityDawg
05-27-2016, 11:55 AM

Kiffin is in there too for a few things.

Really Clark?
05-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Kiffin is in there too for a few things.

A few meaning a couple of seperate violations I agree, but under the subsection of one of those violations there were 16 seperate incidents occurring at different dates to that one lumped violation. 16.

PassInterference
05-27-2016, 12:45 PM

This is exactly what SMU did. During and after an investigation, they kept cheating.

Ole Miss might be the only school since to pull a SMU. Ole Miss is gonna fall hard for this. I assume this is one of those afflicted Level I's that calls for 25-50% scholarship reduction. That could mean a show cause for Freeze.

Agree it is certain that some assistants will get show cause'd. Freeze without his band of merry bag men...

Commercecomet24
05-27-2016, 12:46 PM

Thanks I appreciate you breaking it down for me. There's so much legal speak in the NOA its hard to understand what is and isn't a big deal.

gtowndawg
05-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Freeze without his band of merry bag men...

Plenty more where those came from.

Bucky Dog
05-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Freeze is only listed as being present when impermissible benefits were given like rides, hotel rooms and catered breakfasts.

And the Godfather never actually does the crime........

Martianlander
05-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Actually worse than I thought it was going to be. I still believe Bjork is gone very soon. I had Freeze at 50/50, but now I'm revising that to 80% probability to be gone before the end of the year.

SDDawg
05-27-2016, 06:12 PM

The show cause for Freeze will come as a result of contact with recruits via burner phones and his knowledge of players having contact with agents and then lying to the NCAA about it. That's my prediction- it's going to be tight but he'll get one as a result of the ongoing investigation in 2017.

SDDawg
05-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Actually worse than I thought it was going to be. I still believe Bjork is gone very soon. I had Freeze at 50/50, but now I'm revising that to 80% probability to be gone before the end of the year.

Bjork can't survive, he lied publicly to the press and has been exposed, with more lies to be uncovered soon. He's done.