PDA

View Full Version : Galloway's firing at Auburn (Doesn't sound good for Butch Thompson and his character)

basedog
05-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Boy oh boy this firing and now law suit is nasty. I just read the testimony or most and it's really bad. In saying this, look it up and go to page 43. I would have never known Thompson was such a "bad ass" and the only way he can succeed is recruiting players he loves or likes. Seems he has a bunch of problems with current players. Also Auburn's athletic department sounds like the sh*t!

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Well a link would be nice since you want us to "look it up",....

Tbonewannabe
05-27-2016, 09:29 AM
As tough as he was being made out to be on players, our pitchers weren't very tough last year. A big deal has been made of Wes coming in here and developing mental toughness with this staff. Is he trying to mimic Cohen's hard assness? Cohen is known as being pretty intense which works for some but not all. When it works you get a team of gritty, hard nosed ballers and when it doesn't you get last year.

AusTexDawg
05-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Here is the link to the full text of Golloway's complaint (http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article79949147.ece/BINARY/Read%20the%20full%2086-page%20complaint%20filed%20by%20former%20Auburn%20 baseball%20coach%20Sunny%20Goll).

Haven't read it yet, but Butch is mentioned very unflatteringly on the bottom of page 44.

Here is an article (http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburnauthority/2016/05/26/nathan-lipscomb-denies-confirming-any-incident-sunny-golloway/84957514/) about one of the players' father refuting one of Golloway's claims.

Given how glad OU players were when Golloway left Norman, I'd be surprised that the Auburn players loved Golloway as much as the suit claims, but players in many sports appreciate their hard@$$ coaches later in life. I'm sure few coaches would like to be on mic when talking to players during games or after losses. I'm not easily offended by vulgar language, but the diatribes in this video of Augie Garrido (https://nondoc.com/2016/05/24/how-to-heckle-every-team-in-the-big-12-baseball-tourney/) were hard to watch (and probably par for the course for many coaches).

ETA: This is not the first time we've heard of dysfunction in Jay Jacobs' athletic department down there on the plains. As long as Jacobs is AD, it probably won't be the last.

Percho
05-27-2016, 09:48 AM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article79949147.ece/BINARY/Read%20the%20full%2086-page%20complaint%20filed%20by%20former%20Auburn%20 baseball%20coach%20Sunny%20Goll

basedog
05-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Auburn's athletic department is a mess, Galloway has been successful but his hiring at Auburn went south quickly!

AusTexDawg
05-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Reading through Galloway's complaint, I noticed this gem"

"[Pitching] Coach Holliday stated that the [baseball] players believed that these allegations were "petty, untrue, and, moreover, they knew of Auburn football players bragging about receiving money above and beyond the cost of attendance," which would, of course, be an NCAA violation, and they believed that compliance had more things to worry about than falsely accusing Coach Holliday."

I was also surprised to see the phrase "Presto, Change-o" in one of the footnotes. Didn't know that was a legal term***

Taog Redloh
05-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Galloway has an extensive track record of being a dick. Thompson has an extensive track record of being a well-liked coach.

I have no idea if Thompson will be successful at Auburn, honestly I don't think he will. But I also am inclined to believe that Galloway is full of shit and picking/choosing/twisting events for his benefit in this situation, which has nothing to do with winning or losing.

basedog
05-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Galloway has an extensive track record of being a dick. Thompson has an extensive track record of being a well-liked coach.

I have no idea if Thompson will be successful at Auburn, honestly I don't think he will. But I also am inclined to believe that Galloway is full of shit and picking/choosing/twisting events for his benefit in this situation, which has nothing to do with winning or losing.

Maybe so, but there is NO doubt he was thrown under the bus by the AD. I also question Thompson's ability as a HC.

wayneland5025
05-27-2016, 02:23 PM
I read the whole legal charge document. What I dont understand is, if he was so great at Oklahoma, why did he leave there? Was he fired or what?

Taog Redloh
05-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Maybe so, but there is NO doubt he was thrown under the bus by the AD.

Agree, I just meant he was twisting the events of what happened to Thompson. Yeah, no doubt the Auburn AD is full of shit too.

Todd4State
05-27-2016, 02:50 PM
I read the whole legal charge document. What I dont understand is, if he was so great at Oklahoma, why did he leave there? Was he fired or what?

If I remember correctly he left Oklahoma for Auburn. After telling his players he was staying at OU. He was successful there but was not well liked at OU.

Homedawg
05-27-2016, 03:44 PM
Galloway is a known prick. I don't know what butch said, I wasn't there. However, I don't believe any of what Galloway said. Hell he wasn't there either.

smootness
05-27-2016, 04:28 PM
That document is a joke.

BeardoMSU
05-27-2016, 04:31 PM
He was successful there but was not well liked at OU.

His daughter posing for Playboy while a student at a rival school (also while he was coach at OU) probably had nothing to do with that, lol.**