PDA

View Full Version : Should Holland go back out at 2nd?

Pinto
05-27-2016, 08:42 AM
I have no problem with Stovall and I'm glad he got innings, but we changed a lineup that was working. Not saying that cost us the game, but baseball is a funny game and simple changes like that can screw the mojo and anger the ball Gods.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-27-2016, 08:47 AM
I'd imagine he will be back out there. Cohen was just using a meaningless game to get Stovall some innings. I thought it was a smart move.

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2016, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I was thinking Stoval starting and the different batting order.....Cohen is using this tournament to get everyone ready for the NCAAs.

HoopsDawg
05-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Stovall had a couple of nice hits. I don't mind playing lefty/righty with those two. We need to go back to our batting order though. That was stupid.

msstate7
05-27-2016, 09:10 AM
If we plan on platooning the 2 in the regional, I want Stovall today even though it's a rhp. Stovall needs to knock the dust off defensively

It_Could_Happen
05-27-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm fine with Stovall as long as it's 9th in the lineup. Get back to the same lineup we've been using all year.

War Machine Dawg
05-27-2016, 09:58 AM
Stovall wasn't the problem. Moving 5 of 9 hitters, all in the heart of the order, was the problem. Would you rather play Stovall this week and see if he's ready to take his job back or wait until the regional or super regional? Of all the examples of #Cohening last night, giving Stovall the start was not one in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

Taog Redloh
05-27-2016, 01:32 PM
The lineup really hasn't been 'working' as you say. Yeah we had won a bunch of games in a row, but we aren't 'hot' like the national retards are saying. Our best ball is yet to be played. Let's not act like our team is bulletproof here. We haven't hit well since Auburn.

drunkernhelldawg
05-27-2016, 01:42 PM
The lineup really hasn't been 'working' as you say. Yeah we had won a bunch of games in a row, but we aren't 'hot' like the national retards are saying. Our best ball is yet to be played. Let's not act like our team is bulletproof here. We haven't hit well since Auburn.

I agree. And it'll take that "best ball" to get where we want to go. Hopefully, we'll see it.

djaymsu5
05-27-2016, 02:11 PM
I think when this team is agressive is when you see their best ball. Last night I saw wayyyyy too many takes from all of our hitters. Even Mangum was more passive than he usually is other than his first at bat. When Kruger, Collins, Rooker, and Hump look to hit this team is dangerous. I didn't mention Lowe because he's usually a passive hitter most of the time. He watches a lot of pitches and most of the time puts up great AB's. I saw some poor AB's last night from our power guys. Rooker looked like he forgot how to swing a bat yesterday and Hump had bases loaded in the 1st and could have done some real damage with a good AB there but yet he rolls over to the 3rd baseman. That tells me he had a poor approach to begin with. When this team plays selfless baseball and tries to string together hits we can be dangerous. I felt like trotting Hudson outk there was a disadvantage for him last night because they raked him in Baton Rouge and obviously know his pitch sequence. They weren't even chasing some of those dirty pitches. I feel we should have started a lefty last night and honestly should have left Tatum in the game. He was pumping strikes and having a really good outing only to have Cohen bring in Daniel Brown on an 0-2 count.

rolodawg
05-27-2016, 02:23 PM
I agree on the approach. LSU pitcher had only thrown 55 pitches through 5 innings.....even with us having the bases loaded in the first.

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 03:04 PM
The pitch count didn't matter for Poche. The only way we would have been successful was getting to him early. He consistently threw first pitch fastballs down the middle of the plate to get ahead of the count. If our hitters would have been aggressive, we would have put some runs on the board. I think the lineup and our passive approach hurt us and our middle infield positioning hurt us.

I'll give Stovall a bit of a pass last night since that was his first game back but he did make some costly mistakes in the field that Holland would not have made. Gridley didn't give himself any room to get to some balls on the fast infield. Even Chris Burke stated Gridley could have gotten to 4-6 of those hits if he would have backed up further in the infield to give himself a chance.

MarketingBully
05-27-2016, 03:08 PM
Here is the lineup I'd like to see tonight.

Mangum
Kruger
Lowe
Collins
Robson
Humphreys
Gridley
Marrero
Holland

We use that lineup we will be okay today.

BossDawg
05-27-2016, 05:05 PM
I'd imagine he will be back out there. Cohen was just using a meaningless game to get Stovall some innings. I thought it was a smart move.

Yeah Wyatt mentioned this on the radio today. Said he though Cohen was just trying to get ready for regionals by letting others get some playing time in.