PDA

View Full Version : Now that we have to play the extra game

starkvegasdawg
05-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Does Cohen still go out all to try and win and risk burning through the rest of the staff, or take his foot off the gas and start setting things up for regional play?

klong-dog
05-27-2016, 07:02 AM
Having to face Shore today, it probably wont matter what he decides to do.

AROB44
05-27-2016, 07:32 AM
Hopefully focus on regional play.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2016, 07:33 AM
We'll start Sexton, and likely get Rigby and maybe Hump an inning or 2 if it's competitive. I hate that we probably won't get Pilk another inning before Regionals. I wonder if Cohen will have the confidence to start him vs the 4 seed after his last outing, or if we throw Houston?

Political Hack
05-27-2016, 07:55 AM
Go with the regular Saturday rotation. If you win, go from there. Nothing about today should impact regionals.

Win today and you have a great shot still.

HailState39110
05-27-2016, 08:03 AM
We'll start Sexton, and likely get Rigby and maybe Hump an inning or 2 if it's competitive. I hate that we probably won't get Pilk another inning before Regionals. I wonder if Cohen will have the confidence to start him vs the 4 seed after his last outing, or if we throw Houston?

This will be the big debate next week , especially if we get Alabama St as the 4 seed in our regional . You almost have to start Pilkington if he doesn't pitch in the tournament and save Hudson for the winner of the 2/3 matchup . Houston could be considered too as good as he looked on Wednesday

msstate7
05-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Now that we have our loss out the way, I wanna win the dang thing. We're still in decent shape with sexton and pilk not pitching yet

Commercecomet24
05-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Having to face Shore today, it probably wont matter what he decides to do.

Shore not going today, its Faedo, not that it really makes any difference with that pitching staff. I think we going to beat UF today, they gotta be tired.

SaintDawg
05-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Yeah, last night stank. We came out flat. It happens. These guys have the talent and guts to dust themselves off. We'll get another shot at LSU in the semis on Saturday.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Houston throwing 8 2/3 in Game 1 was huge. Run Sexton out there and see what happens. We win? Pilk gets a Saturday start- which he needs

sandjunky
05-27-2016, 08:42 AM
It's my fault guys. I waited until it was too late to move from Section H to Section HH...

HoopsDawg
05-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Houston throwing 8 2/3 in Game 1 was huge. Run Sexton out there and see what happens. We win? Pilk gets a Saturday start- which he needs

Yep, I'd love to win today to get Pilk a start. He needs to feel that tournament atmosphere.

Tbonewannabe
05-27-2016, 09:36 AM
It is hard to have a long win streak, sometimes it helps to get a L to fire the team back up. I want to win today but mostly to get Pilk another start rather than worrying about winning the tournament.

War Machine Dawg
05-27-2016, 10:01 AM

I'm good with throwing Houston game 1 vs random SWAC opponent. He should dominate. We'll beat the brakes off a SWAC 4, don't care who it is.