PDA

View Full Version : There's No Reason for it to move forward from Hoover

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-27-2016, 12:28 AM
Don't give a DAMN what any of y'all say....this tournament belongs in Hoover, AL. Come to the games for baseball or don't 17'ing come. This isn't a shopping trip it's a 17ing baseball tournament. Leave your wife's, girlfriends and boyfriends at home if they want to shop!!!!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-27-2016, 12:29 AM
I'm pissed about the lose and going to the parking lot to drink the rest of my beers...

JohnnyQuid
05-27-2016, 12:30 AM
Don't give a DAMN what any of y'all say....this tournament belongs in Hoover, AL. Come to the games for baseball or don't 17'ing come. This isn't a shopping trip it's a 17ing baseball tournament. Leave your wife's, girlfriends and boyfriends at home if they want to shop!!!!

I'm an hour from memphis. I'd love to see it there selfishly -and ud definately draw more people from the general public. I'm fine where ever it is tho.

I wouldn't mind something that rotates tho.

Taog Redloh
05-27-2016, 12:45 AM
But but but ..... Walk to BARZZZ!!!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-27-2016, 12:47 AM
I can see it rotating but Damn...this plac has everything the SEC needs. The location is central, the RV park is second to none in Memphis and Nashville and the stadium is the perfect size. I don't care if we are the SEC....moving this tournament to a triple A stadium is just asinine....."Oh it's sooooo nice, It's soooooo big. Look at everything we can do when we're not at the games.

You don't come to the SEC baseball tournament to go Fing shopping. If you do then stay the F home. Look at the ACC, Big 12 and other tournaments on TV this week....look how pitiful the crowds are. Yes, they don't have the following that the SEC has but I guarantee you that if you stick our tournament in a Triple A facility it wouldn't look that much better than what I'm seeing and have seen in the other conferences over the last 10 years.

Hoover was packed tonight and it was the perfect size for the two largest fan bases in the SEC. I'm sending this over my iPhone and have a few in me so if it doesn't make scene then read it again and figure it out. I'm gunna go dink now.

Skydawg1
05-27-2016, 12:52 AM
I can see it rotating but Damn...this plac has everything the SEC needs. The location is central, the RV park is second to none in Memphis and Nashville and the stadium is the perfect size. I don't care if we are the SEC....moving this tournament to a triple A stadium is just asinine....."Oh it's sooooo nice, It's soooooo big. Look at everything we can do when we're not at the games.

You don't come to the SEC baseball tournament to go Fing shopping. If you do then stay the F home. Look at the ACC, Big 12 and other tournaments on TV this week....look how pitiful the crowds are. Yes, they don't have the following that the SEC has but I guarantee you that if you stick our tournament in a Triple A facility it wouldn't look at much better than what I'm seeing and have seen in the other conferences over the last 10 years.

Hoover was packed tonight and it was the perfect size for the two largest fan bases in the SEC. I'm sending this over my iPhone and have a few in me so if it doesn't make scene then read it again and figure it out. I'm gunna go dink now.Keep Calm and Dink On

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-27-2016, 12:56 AM
Another thing......how can I change the body of my post but not the DAMN title? Going forward??! That is not what I wrote....Fing spell correct.

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2016, 05:41 AM
I got a feeling this is a move by the SEC to get a more favorable contract out of the Met and Hoover.

I can't imagine a better situation for the fans (parking , rv and shopping) anywhere than the Met.

Coach34
05-27-2016, 07:05 AM
Another thing......how can I change the body of my post but not the DAMN title? Going forward??! That is not what I wrote....Fing spell correct.

you can change the title- have to hit the go advanced button

OSCAR
05-27-2016, 07:16 AM
Memphis is ideal. Great park with bars, restaurants, and hotels in walking distance. Hoover offers nothing but tradition and a new coat of paint. Change is hard because of nostalgia but it is inevitable. Our fanbase is well represented in the greater Memphis area also. I'm selfishly all in for Memphis also. ;)

State82
05-27-2016, 07:50 AM

Tell it IttaBena. I'm in 100% agreement. I did hear from a conference insider that Hoover's main competition may have changed from Memphis to Nashville. We'll find out shortly. Needs to stay where it is.

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2016, 08:50 AM
Yeah, State has some fans in Memphis but I would imagine Hoover is a closer drive for the majority of our fans. Also for every 1 State fan in Memphis, there is 10 Ole Miss fans in the Memphis metro area. Memphis would be a OM home tournament.

Big4Dawg
05-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Yeah, State has some fans in Memphis but I would imagine Hoover is a closer drive for the majority of our fans. Also for every 1 State fan in Memphis, there is 10 Ole Miss fans in the Memphis metro area. Memphis would be a OM home tournament.

Hoover is 3.5 hours away from Jackson.
Memphis is 3.

And no way that stat is right.

Taog Redloh
05-27-2016, 09:09 AM
Memphis is ideal. Great park with bars, restaurants, and hotels in walking distance.

These are not really the things that matter, at least not now. I mean, if you wanted a totally new demographic, then maybe. There are a lot more people that just single millenials that go to this tournament.

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2016, 09:11 AM
Im in Memphis and Desoto county everyday. I meet far more OM fans than State. I see OM garb, car stickers tags etc. Etc. Far FAR more often than State. So either I'm close to right or State fans are incognito.

Hoover is closer to Starkville and Columbus where the majority of our baseball ticket holders live.

Big4Dawg
05-27-2016, 09:26 AM
These are not really the things that matter, at least not now. I mean, if you wanted a totally new demographic, then maybe. There are a lot more people that just single millenials that go to this tournament.

You must be a real joy to be around. So you're saying only single millenials like to go to bars and eat at restaurants that aren't chains?

State82
05-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Im in Memphis and Desoto county everyday. I meet far more OM fans than State. I see OM garb, car stickers tags etc. Etc. Far FAR more often than State. So either I'm close to right or State fans are incognito.

Hoover is closer to Starkville and Columbus where the majority of our baseball ticket holders live.

Excellent point