PDA

View Full Version : David Johnson on 105.9 in Jackson

DawgPoundLazer
05-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Supposedly David Johnson (247 sports Ole Miss) was just on 105.9 in Jackson and was laying out some specifics on the penalties. Anyone catch it? I'm hearing it from Bearshark co-workers and they are trying to spin it, so just curious what was actually said.

starkvegasdawg
05-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Supposedly David Johnson (247 sports Ole Miss) was just on 105.9 in Jackson and was laying out some specifics on the penalties. Anyone catch it? I'm hearing it from Bearshark co-workers and they are trying to spin it, so just curious what was actually said.

How would anyone know the penalties if the NCAA hasn't released anything? Would all this not be pure speculation?

PassInterference
05-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Whatever they say it is, is irrelevant until the NCAA speaks.

I think it would be a lot more informative to see the NOA.

Also, use ULL as a measuring stick. The NOA surely has a lot more damning stuff than what ULL got nailed for. And we know what ULL's penalties were.

jumbo
05-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure he's sticking with the 9 over 3 narrative. Also that they have already "self imposed" some scholarship losses.

Steakonastick
05-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Buddy forwarded me his post.

First, let me say that info on the Ole Miss/NCAA situation has been extremely scarce of late. Until we see the actual NOA response, we know nothing for sure. I do, however, feel compelled to share what I have been told, some as recently as this morning. I feel this information is from very trusted and competent sources. Again, I want to stress we know nothing for sure until we see the documents.
1. The NOA response could be released as early as today. I am told it is ready to go. The likelihood, however, is that it will probably be released Friday.
2. I am told. as many as three current Ole Miss assistants will be named in the report for secondary and minor violations, things in which on their own would normally not warrant any sort of investigation but have become part of this multi-year probe. These are sometimes accidental and minor violations that occur on every staff in America. However, we hear that ultimately some game suspensions could be issued to current assistants. I am told names of the coaches will not be redacted in Ole Miss' response to the NOA.
3. There will be no show causes issued to any coach on the current staff. The most serious allegations are pointed toward the previous staff and those allegations surrounding former staffer David Saunders.
4. The scholarship penalty part of the punitive actions from the NCAA could reach as high as 15. However, I am hearing the NCAA may allow Ole Miss to count as many as 6 self-imposed scholarship reductions already enforced by the school, leaving the number moving forward at nine likely spread across three years.
5. Expect no postseason or TV ban. I also have been told the SEC office has worked hard on behalf of Ole Miss on this issue.
6. I am told to expect a multi-year period of probation status. What does that mean exactly? It's just a scarlet letter hung over the neck of the program. That status carries no more sanctions.
In summary: Lose 9 scholarships moving forward, a couple of coaches may or may not be on the sidelines or in the booth for a game or two, and probation. If this holds true, I see nothing that would cripple or hardly hinder the program moving forward. It's not the best news, but it's certainly not the worst. Again, sources are tight-lipped, and we won't know for sure until we see the NOA response.

confucius say
05-26-2016, 02:38 PM
You won't know for sure after you see the noa response either if there is more to come, which is widely expected by most

ShotgunDawg

First, let me say that info on the Ole Miss/NCAA situation has been extremely scarce of late. Until we see the actual NOA response, we know nothing for sure. I do, however, feel compelled to share what I have been told, some as recently as this morning. I feel this information is from very trusted and competent sources. Again, I want to stress we know nothing for sure until we see the documents.
1. The NOA response could be released as early as today. I am told it is ready to go. The likelihood, however, is that it will probably be released Friday.
2. I am told. as many as three current Ole Miss assistants will be named in the report for secondary and minor violations, things in which on their own would normally not warrant any sort of investigation but have become part of this multi-year probe. These are sometimes accidental and minor violations that occur on every staff in America. However, we hear that ultimately some game suspensions could be issued to current assistants. I am told names of the coaches will not be redacted in Ole Miss' response to the NOA.
3. There will be no show causes issued to any coach on the current staff. The most serious allegations are pointed toward the previous staff and those allegations surrounding former staffer David Saunders.
4. The scholarship penalty part of the punitive actions from the NCAA could reach as high as 15. However, I am hearing the NCAA may allow Ole Miss to count as many as 6 self-imposed scholarship reductions already enforced by the school, leaving the number moving forward at nine likely spread across three years.
5. Expect no postseason or TV ban. I also have been told the SEC office has worked hard on behalf of Ole Miss on this issue.
6. I am told to expect a multi-year period of probation status. What does that mean exactly? It's just a scarlet letter hung over the neck of the program. That status carries no more sanctions.
In summary: Lose 9 scholarships moving forward, a couple of coaches may or may not be on the sidelines or in the booth for a game or two, and probation. If this holds true, I see nothing that would cripple or hardly hinder the program moving forward. It's not the best news, but it's certainly not the worst. Again, sources are tight-lipped, and we won't know for sure until we see the NOA response.

1. This is likely BS because no one knows the sanctions yet.

2. This is likely an ultra-optimistic viewpoint from some OM related person that is holding out hope. Put it this way, it will be no less than what you read here

3. Last but not least, this is only the first NOA. The second one is for pay for play and is expected to be much worse.

4. Make sure you don't forget #3 and repeat it to everyone.

BossDawg
"I am told".....

Lmao. They don't know jack $#!t. This is nothing but pure speculation from someone drunk off of the red and blue kool-aid.

TrapGame

Must be from a sunshine pumper. That's got LSD rainbows and unicorn farts all over it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-26-2016, 02:40 PM

Ha I just got that in a text, but I'm curious as to the source. Any idea?

MadDawg
05-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Is this the positive spin they wanted to float out there before they finally release something?

BeastMan
05-26-2016, 02:57 PM
This is the deal on the self imposed scholarship talk. To my knowledge, OM played last year with 85 scholarship players. They signed 26. I don't know how you can say you self imposed scholarships. Where are these scholarships that were self imposed? I need someone to show me.

ETA- Here is the roster (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/roster/_/id/145/ole-miss-rebels). 105 listed. Find the 26 not on schollie to get to 79. Quick count I see 33 that might not be on schollie should no kickers, punters, long snappers, or senior walkons be on scholarship last year. It is certainly possible they played last year at 79 scholarships.

Coach34
05-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Academic fraud
Multiple coaches suspended for games
Loaner cars and all kinds of agent involvement
SEC fought hard to stave off a postseason ban

And they expect people to believe all they are going to get is 9 over 3? Less than what ULL got-Seriously? Thats some incredible sunshine

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2016, 03:03 PM
Academic fraud
Multiple coaches suspended for games
Loaner cars and all kinds of agent involvement
SEC fought hard to stave off a postseason ban

And they expect people to believe all they are going to get is 9 over 3? Less than what ULL got-Seriously? Thats some incredible sunshine

And this is only the first NOA

DogsofAnarchy
05-26-2016, 03:04 PM

None of this true. The NOA is not even the NCAA's response. Also, this investigation does not include anything that happened months before or since draft day. All the releasing of the NOA will tell us is what Ole Miss believes should happen. Then before signing day the NCAA will issue its FINAL findings in this investigation and the sanctions for this investigation. Bear shit is getting high around here. They must really be worried!!

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't see where they ever had 6 self imposed scholarship reductions the last few years? I know it's CL but from 6/14 they were right at 85.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2014/07/26/fewer-scholarships-available-ole-miss-takes-cautious-approach-year-recruiting/13232691/

Then according to this they supposedly had 16 scholarships to give for 2015 but signed 23.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/assessing-ole-miss-2015-recruiting-class/

And I don't think the NCAA accepts accidental back counting for attrition. You have to notify them prior that you are reducing scholly's, not if you end up with less and try to count it.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 03:12 PM
I think they are floating this out there because they are hoping to self impose 15 scholarships in total. Which is much higher than the 9 over 3 the douche pieces have been saying to their fan base. Which probably means they end up with 15-20 after the final ruling from COI. If I remember correctly, ULL self imposed 9 and got 11 after the final ruling.

AROB44
05-26-2016, 03:13 PM
What about the burner phones? Doesn't that come into play?

TXDawg
05-26-2016, 03:21 PM
The most telling thing for me will be whether or not the Tunsil draft night text messages are addressed in this NOA and subsequent UM response. If they're in there (and I don't see how they could be), then this NOA is it. If they're not, there should be additional allegations, violations, & penalties coming at a later date.

Furthermore, as most have said already, any response that UM makes public in the next week or so will NOT be the final punishments handed down by the NCAA. Once the NCAA receives their response (which they should have already even though UM hasn't made it public like they promised), it still needs to be reviewed by the NCAA then, if necessary, there will be a Committee on Infractions hearing and THEN the NCAA will announce the actual punishments.

UM can suggest whatever they feel like suggesting in their response, but we won't know anything for sure until the NCAA announces the final sanctions.

BrunswickDawg
05-26-2016, 03:22 PM
http://www.conversationmarketing.com/disasters/ostrich-head.jpg

DancingRabbit
05-26-2016, 03:22 PM
They should probably lose 9 schollys just for academic fraud with Saunders under Nutt.

If they connected Ginny Pig to the the Freeze era they're f**ked. Plus the pay to visit, pay to play from the C. Jones and other recruit interviews.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 03:28 PM
TXDawg, I agree with what you are saying but there is no, if necessary, on a COI hearing. Since they are responding to the NOA and not going directly to summary disposition, they the COI has to meet with the parties and then give final penalties. Just a little point of order with that.

msudawglb
05-26-2016, 03:28 PM
1. This is likely BS because no one knows the sanctions yet.

2. This is likely an ultra-optimistic viewpoint from some OM related person that is holding out hope. Put it this way, it will be no less than what you read here

3. Last but not least, this is only the first NOA. The second one is for pay for play and is expected to be much worse.

4. Make sure you don't forget #3 and repeat it to everyone.

Yes, this is just a stupid response from David. The NOA does not have penalties invoked. It's just the "here's what you've done" letter. What is being released is supposed to be Ole Miss's response to those allegations by the NCAA. So yeah, Ole Miss may have responded with, "Yes, we did that and we did this, so this is what we propose as a penalty".

And to add, whatever is released today or tomorrow is only addressing the first NOA...the one that's all about Track.

fccee1
05-26-2016, 03:30 PM
For what it is worth my source tells me not to expect much impact for the bears 2016 season. He does think they will have more severe penalties in place affective next recruiting season and 2017 football season.

Source also says Jeffrey Simmons will be on campus in the fall unless he gets into anymore trouble.

1bigdawg
05-26-2016, 03:43 PM
My UNM source said "if their exceptional cooperation" worked, then what you outlined would happen. They are full of it.

bobtail bob
05-26-2016, 03:53 PM
If so many things happened under Nutt then wouldn't he have been questioned? I heard him in an interview awhile back and he didn't mention it when talking about the situation.

Just for clarity , I think "the majority of the football violations were under the Nutter" is bs they put out. Where did that come from anyway ?

Brando
05-26-2016, 03:54 PM
Ok, so as far as all this NM investigation is concerned I havent commented much but a few smartass comments. I do however, now understand some stuff so correct me if im wrong (being serious just so i got it)
- NOA from NCAA is just what NM has done wrong
- NM has not released this letter because it contains what the NCAA is saying they did wrong and they would have to spin that
- The answer NM puts out will be what NM says they will do to itself as far as this letter goes(we all know it will be spinned as if this is what the NCAA is foing to them)
Is that correct? So as far as damning stuff, its all suppose to be in the 2nd letter. As far as this all being about Track and WBB, why dont just release the damn thing and be done with it. I guess I know understand what C34 and all have been saying as far as why wont rhey release it if its not bad.

Now that I have a better understanding of all this, these bastards are gonna fry..... 9 over 3 my ass.

Also, why is all the new stuff and questions that threads have been started by people with less than 50 posts? Seems a little fishy. I have picked out a couple that just seem weird they would be saying that or even in the way they were talking.

Reason2succeed
05-26-2016, 04:11 PM
I smell dead possum...AND TROLLS!

Bully13
05-26-2016, 04:20 PM
We won't know for sure until we see the response to the NOA? Doesn't the response come from the athletic dept? And it's already prepared and ready for release to the public tomorrow? Yet he's not sure? And he claims to have been informed by reliable sources? I'm obviously missing something. I bet the response won't specify the allegations or all of them either.

Bass Chaser
05-26-2016, 04:20 PM
Can someone outline the process?

1. NOA
What comes after this? When are penalties levied?

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 04:23 PM
We won't know for sure until we see the response to the NOA? Doesn't the response come from the athletic dept? And it's already prepared and ready for release to the public tomorrow? Yet he's not sure? And he claims to have been informed by reliable sources? I'm obviously missing something. I bet the response won't specify the allegations or all of them either.

Ita required that the response include every allegation and subsection dealing with each allegation. They cannot leave any of that out of their response.

GTHOM
05-26-2016, 04:29 PM

This is basically all the dude on the radio said today. Sounds like the first lie they tried to convince everyone of. They can hope and pray all they want but that post is childs play compared to what they're going to get . The NCAA has no choice but to hammer OM in my opinion. You cannot make an ass of yourself as a program on national TV on draft night, have your player admit to being paid while he was in school, on top of everything else they have on you in multiple sports with multiple staffs. If the NCAA only slaps them on the wrist you might as well get ready for an all out war. It bascially makes cheating worth it if they do nothing. They are fooling themselves if they think they are getting 9 over 3. Get real and go to hell ole miss

Bubb Rubb
05-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Yes, this is just a stupid response from David. The NOA does not have penalties invoked. It's just the "here's what you've done" letter. What is being released is supposed to be Ole Miss's response to those allegations by the NCAA. So yeah, Ole Miss may have responded with, "Yes, we did that and we did this, so this is what we propose as a penalty".

And to add, whatever is released today or tomorrow is only addressing the first NOA...the one that's all about Track.

I hope everyone really understands this. What they are responding with is akin to their defense argument if this were a criminal trial. It's not necessarily, or even likely, what the penalties will end up being. It's their justification and remediation for each of the allegations. The NCAA will determine whether they buy the explanation, and whether the penalties that were self-imposed are sufficient. Note: they usually aren't.

Brando
05-26-2016, 04:35 PM
I love how someone asks a question and then gets labeled as a troll...

PassInterference
05-26-2016, 04:38 PM
Missing from the OM spin: WBB and Track & Field.

I thought that was the crux of the NOA. What happened Rebs? You were lied to then and you are being lied to now.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Also, everyone please remember the draft night bombshell will NOT be a part of this response. So don't fall for any spin they try to put out that it's not a violation or it mean that investigation is over, etc.

TXDawg
05-26-2016, 04:42 PM

1. NOA

My understanding is as follows:

1) NOA sent to school.
2) School investigates and responds to the NOA. Response usually includes a listing of the allegations, the school's agreement or disagreement as to whether those infractions occurred, and the punishment that the school is proposing as a result of the infractions. UM was supposed to have submitted this response to the NCAA earlier this week and apparently are going to release this response tomorrow.
3) NCAA reviews school's response and proposed penalties and determines whether or not they agree with the proposed penalties.
4a) If the NCAA agrees, penalties are imposed
4b) If the NCAA does not agree with the school, the case will be heard by the Committee on Infractions and they will determine the penalties that will be imposed.

Feel free to correct any mistakes.

StatesboroBlues
05-26-2016, 04:43 PM

1. NOA

1...NOI
2...NOA
3...school replies to allegations
4...NCAA accepts/denies the replies to each allegation
5...Goes before the infractions committee that meet periodically...penalties given.

I can not tell you if 4 and 5 happen at the same time or how often the committee meets...quarterly maybe? I am sure I missed something.

MadDawg
05-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Ita required that the response include every allegation and subsection dealing with each allegation. They cannot leave any of that out of their response.

Are you sure about this?

I've been wondering if their response could be worded as follows:

"In regards to allegation #2 subpart a, our response is as follows: We do not believe this occurred."

I wouldn't put it past them. Being all transparent and all.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2016, 04:52 PM

But they don't have to release ANY of it if they don't want to. That's what people don't get.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Here is a pretty good breakdown on the process.

http://www.miami.edu/index.php/ncaa_investigation/the_process/

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Are you sure about this?

I've been wondering if their response could be worded as follows:

"In regards to allegation #2 subpart a, our response is as follows: We do not believe this occurred."

I wouldn't put it past them. Being all transparent and all.

Yes I'm sure. It is in the NCAA bylaws that they have to respond to each allegation specifically and it has to be fairly detailed including some of the investigation into that violation and each and every violation.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 04:57 PM
But they don't have to release ANY of it if they don't want to. That's what people don't get.

That's correct.

spbdawg
05-26-2016, 05:43 PM
#

SDDawg
05-26-2016, 06:01 PM
This is great news if you think about it. They'll be down 15 scholarships before the amended NOA/second letter of allegations appears. The next set of allegations will come while they're already on probation and will likely be more severe as a result. That would mean that a couple of show causes orders will be coming along with another 15+ scholarship losses. If you ask me, that will be borderline catastrophic for them over the next decade. I certainly wouldn't pay Freeze $5M a year to preside over that nonsense, they'll move him out for sure. This is poor ROI for a single Sugar Bowl imho.

redstickdawg
05-26-2016, 06:14 PM
That's correct.

So they can disobey the law aka FOIA? That's rich!! They have been seriously violating the intent of the law with eh claims that the NOA is in the possession of their out of state lawyer, but this is ridiculous.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2016, 06:26 PM
So they can disobey the law aka FOIA? That's rich!! They have been seriously violating the intent of the law with eh claims that the NOA is in the possession of their out of state lawyer, but this is ridiculous.

Obviously they can since that's what they have been doing for several months now.

DancingRabbit
05-26-2016, 06:34 PM

Really Clark was answering from the NCAA standpoint. Ignoring the FOIA request is a separate legal and ethical issue OM should be reproached for, by local media and state lawmakers.

SDDawg
05-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Really Clark was answering from the NCAA standpoint. Ignoring the FOIA request is a separate legal and ethical issue OM should be reproached for, by local media and state lawmakers.

Agreed. Until someone with pockets deep enough sues them, I don't think they're going to be forced to answer even though they're violating the law. Normally the Clarion-Ledger would do something like this, but...

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 07:16 PM

Thanks for clarifying that for him. And yes, I was only talking about NCAA side of it.

Dawgowar
05-26-2016, 07:43 PM
The NOA response could be released as early as today. I am told it is ready to go. The likelihood, however, is that it will probably be released Friday. (Also known as ?Garbage Day? as it minimizes press coverage, particularly of the national variety who has been on this case far better than any Mississippi based mainstream news outlet)

2. I am told. as many as three current Ole Miss assistants will be named in the report for secondary and minor violations, things in which on their own would normally not warrant any sort of investigation (kinda like the crap we laid on MSU) but have become part of this multi-year probe (three years and just a handful of minor violations that really, well, all this time guess we gotta slap the little dicken?s wrists). These are sometimes accidental and minor violations that occur on every staff in America (who is flagrantly throwing bills at High School Recruits while jerking to their Star rating). However, we hear (correction, beg fervently) that ultimately some game suspensions could be issued to current assistants (so, the guy at Texas lost his job, Saunders is Mr. Show Cause..and who was in between them???????) am told names of the coaches will not be redacted (and they will not get any free chicken fingers in the Grove for nonconference games!) in Ole Miss' response to the NOA.

3. There will be no show causes issued to any coach on the current staff (Looking around the room for the gold watch on a chain your friend must be swaying back and forth?you are getting sleepy?Yancy is your friend?he tells the truuuuuuth??) The most serious allegations are pointed toward the previous staff (and we all know the NCAA never punishes schools for what those darned old ?Previous Staffs? up and did!) and those allegations surrounding former staffer David Saunders (Former, FORMER! FORMER! It?s like Cooties. IMMUNITY! IMMUNITY!)

4. The scholarship penalty part of the punitive actions from the NCAA could reach as high as 15 (In women?s track, they led us astray and damn those female Basketball players!). However, I am hearing(meaning ?making this up? and ?laying on the floor in the fetal position hoping?) the NCAA may allow Ole Miss to count as many as 6 self-imposed scholarship reductions (and take into account our beautiful campus and EXCESSIVELY OVER THE TOP COOPERATION. Exemplary! Exemp-laaaaa-reee! Go Easy on us we are EXEMPLARY COOPERATING?)already enforced by the school, leaving the number moving forward at nine likely spread across three years. (9 over 3! 9 over 3! That?s all it can possibly be!)

5. Expect no postseason or TV ban(yet). I also have been told the SEC office has worked hard on behalf of Ole Miss on this issue(So hard the former commissioner fled in terror at associating himself for our defense).

6. I am told to expect a multi-year period of probation status. What does that mean exactly? (To quote Tex Cobb in ?Fletch Lives - ?Take off your pants!?)It?s just a scarlet letter hung over the neck of the program(And we like whores as they help recruiting so why would that bother us?). That status carries no more sanctions.(In fantasyland)

In summary: Lose 9 scholarships moving forward, a couple of coaches may or may not be on the sidelines or in the booth for a game or two, and probation. If this holds true, I see nothing that would cripple or hardly hinder the program moving forward. It's not the best news, but it's certainly not the worst. Again, sources are tight-lipped(and so I made this up), and we won't know for sure until we see the NOA response.(that we could have released at any time during the last six months but would rather manipulate more recruits than admit we did anything wrong)

Bass Chaser
05-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Here is a pretty good breakdown on the process.

http://www.miami.edu/index.php/ncaa_investigation/the_process/

Thanks for sharing. Clears up a lot of my questions.

Howboutdemdogs
05-26-2016, 07:58 PM
Well, according to the link Really Clark provided, realistically and possibly, no one could know for another 2 - 5 months. Not until the NCAA publishes it's ruling. This puts us toward the end of the season. Bowl bids and the start of final recruiting, bad timing for them. Love it. Why run the risk,,,,,,what a load bunch of dumb asses.

fccee1
05-26-2016, 08:55 PM
I am sorry but most of you really know nothing. This process will be long and drawn out. 2017 will be the big impact. Just not sure it will hurt them as much as we want. I am still optimistic.

Simmons will be a Bulldog unless he has further issues.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 09:04 PM
I am sorry but most of you really know nothing. This process will be long and drawn out. 2017 will be the big impact. Just not sure it will hurt them as much as we want. I am still optimistic.

You do understand that there are regulations and timetables in place and required by the school and the NCAA, right? Once a NOA has been sent to a school the process has to be completely by set rules.

Coach34
05-26-2016, 09:04 PM

Why would you bring up Simmons in this thread Bearshark????

fccee1
05-26-2016, 09:37 PM
The same process we went through with Jackie ? It will not be over for a while.

fccee1
05-26-2016, 09:41 PM
Sorry for mixing topics. I just asked the guy about both things at the same meeting. No bear here. Graduated in '88. Have 2 kids there now.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 09:47 PM
The same process we went through with Jackie ? It will not be over for a while.

No. The whole process has changed since then. Even the violation structure is different now compared to then.

Dawgowar
05-26-2016, 09:53 PM
The whole thing will take time. They will take an uncomfortable but not devastating hit over round one. However, when they remain under scrutiny during round two life will get difficult. That part will be similar to what we were put through, Rumors upon rumors upon rumors. Ate us up. Program discipline will collapse as it did with us.

SDDawg
05-26-2016, 11:05 PM
The whole thing will take time. They will take an uncomfortable but not devastating hit over round one. However, when they remain under scrutiny during round two life will get difficult. That part will be similar to what we were put through, Rumors upon rumors upon rumors. Ate us up. Program discipline will collapse as it did with us.

Agree with all of this- the time will be painful plus the lens changes. Second round they'll already be on probation and will be getting hammered again. Hang 'em high.

archdog
05-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Hell they signed like 35 for 3 years or something

dotcomdawg
05-27-2016, 11:29 AM
Two words: Western Union