PDA

View Full Version : SC does not deserve a national seed..

preachermatt83
05-26-2016, 12:55 PM
OM or LSU are more worthy.

Boodawg
05-26-2016, 01:16 PM
OM or LSU are more worthy.

Shut your mouth. OM doesn't deserve anything. But you're probably correct.

preachermatt83
05-26-2016, 01:20 PM

Haha!! IF i had it my way they wouldn't even make the tourney.

Taog Redloh
05-26-2016, 01:22 PM
Agree I've never been terribly impressed with them. In all honesty Vanderbilt and Ole Miss may be playing for a national seed today.

bulldogcountry1
05-26-2016, 01:57 PM

Have you already forgotten everything they have done for us?

starkvegasdawg
05-26-2016, 02:20 PM

We should thank them and send them a fruit basket to show our gratitude.

DawgPoundtheRock
05-26-2016, 02:48 PM
After more than 6,500 post, the preacher finally shows his troll colors.*****

preachermatt83
05-26-2016, 02:49 PM
After more than 6,500 post, the preacher finally shows his troll colors.*****

Haha!

Brando
05-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Us, A&M, FL, are locks. I believe LSU is damn near a lock. Vandy is pretty close. USCe tried playing their way out, but I think they will host due to winning the east. NM on the other hand, I would not be surprised to see them shipped off to the West as a 1 seed, at someone esles host sight. They are already saying the NCAA is looking into it for "Regional Diversity." If NM were to beat Vandy, I could see them sending Vandy off. Makes more sense tho for NM since we are hosting and last I looked, USM is hosting.

blacklistedbully
05-26-2016, 05:00 PM

THEY WON THE SEC (for us).

HSVDawg
05-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Us, A&M, FL, are locks. I believe LSU is damn near a lock. Vandy is pretty close. USCe tried playing their way out, but I think they will host due to winning the east. NM on the other hand, I would not be surprised to see them shipped off to the West as a 1 seed, at someone esles host sight. They are already saying the NCAA is looking into it for "Regional Diversity." If NM were to beat Vandy, I could see them sending Vandy off. Makes more sense tho for NM since we are hosting and last I looked, USM is hosting.

Agree with us, A&M, and Florida as locks obviously. I think the SEC probably gets one more and it could go to any of 4 teams in LSU, Vandy, OM, and USC. USC on paper seems to be the least impressive of the 4 just looking at their schedule and results, with their only marquee series win being the sweep of OM. But, they did win the East so that counts for something. OM is kind of in the same boat as USC, but without a division title. However, they do have marquee series wins over Louisville and LSU along with more wins and a higher RPI than USC. LSU has series wins over Vandy and UF (3 of 4) along with splitting the season series vs. us, so their resume is pretty strong and RPI and win totals certainly meet the threshold. Vandy looks like a paper tiger as well with their only marquee series win being against USC.

If I had to rank the national seed chances from greatest to least, I would go LSU (clear favorite), followed by OM (could play their way in if they win the SECT), followed by USC and Vandy who both are on the outside looking in.