PDA

View Full Version : Baylor fires Briles

BeastMan
05-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Mullen to Baylor?**

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-26-2016, 10:50 AM
He will make a fine next coach at Ole Miss.

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/735859281740857344?lang=en

SignalToNoise
05-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Being reported by ESPN and several other outlets. He gone.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Breaking News: Rick Neuheisel is claiming everything is fine at Baylor *

Taog Redloh
05-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Anybody got the cliff notes here? I have not been keeping up with off-field drama. I thought Baylor was the premier program in the Big 12 right now??

BeastMan
05-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Would be the perfect moment for OM to release the NOA. Right at 10:59

BayouDawg
05-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Anybody got the cliff notes here? I have not been keeping up with off-field drama. I thought Baylor was the premier program in the Big 12 right now??

Basically he covered up some of his players that sexually assaulted female students

Pinto
05-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Basically he covered up some of his players that sexually assaulted female students

Were they hostesses?

DawgPoundLazer
05-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Was thinking the same thing. Baylor plans to release their full investigative report today. With that, Briles being fired, NBA finals, and Memorial Day coming up, the Bears couldn't get any luckier with their timing.

TUSK
05-26-2016, 11:04 AM
I got a question....

Will the NCAA get involved in this (a la Penn State)?

BayouDawg
05-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Were they hostesses?

I can't remember. I just remember he tried to cover it up

msstate7
05-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Looks like om has a coach for when freeze gets his show cause

parabrave
05-26-2016, 11:09 AM
I got a question....

Well they fired the University president then the coach. So maybe not. Penn State and Joe Pa covered Sanduskys crap for 40 years.

mic
05-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Art should have contacted Freeze and copied the blueprint used in The alleged "Olive Branch " cover up...

BayouDawg
05-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Looks like om has a coach for when freeze gets his show cause
Yep they can get Neuheisel as their AD and Briles as their coach. Might as well get Butch Davis as their head of compliance

TUSK
05-26-2016, 11:11 AM
Well they fired the University president then the coach. So maybe not. Penn State and Joe Pa covered Sanduskys crap for 40 years.

good point, buddy...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Yep they can get Neuheisel as their AD and Briles as their coach. Might as well get Butch Davis as their head of compliance

Well his son is a walk-on QB at UM....

HancockCountyDog
05-26-2016, 11:15 AM
If I'm Butch Jones, I'm very nervous.

BayouDawg
05-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Well his son is a walk-on QB at UM....
See they knew this was coming all along. They've already got all this in the works**

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Malzahn, Miles, and Butch just went on the major hot seat.

Johnson85
05-26-2016, 11:20 AM
He will make a fine next coach at Ole Miss.

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/735859281740857344?lang=en

That was my immediate thought. This will work out pretty well for UM if Freeze has to go. If they can stretch it out a year, preferably two, enough time will have passed for them to jump on Briles. Nobody with a semi legitimate program will want to touch him, so if he is hired before then, it will be somebody UM can poach him from.

HancockCountyDog
05-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Would be the perfect moment for OM to release the NOA. Right at 10:59

They would've stupid not to, luckily I think they will wait.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 11:21 AM
See they knew this was coming all along. They've already got all this in the works**

Yep. It's "good news" and will be an "unbelievable response" for when they fire Freeze.

Brando
05-26-2016, 11:24 AM
I bet they cant wait to tell their side either. Atleast they had the balls to fire some staff.

TrapGame
05-26-2016, 11:25 AM
Atmosphere may be ripe to let Freeze go too.

Gutter Cobreh
05-26-2016, 11:25 AM
I posted a week or so ago that Baylor = Ole Miss, simply stating that both were in some deep trouble.

I was incorrect with that statement as it has now become obvious that most programs (including Baylor) when caught red-handed start handing out pink slips. Ole Miss on the other hand decides to do the opposite and simply ride it out hoping everything turns out in their favor.

TrapGame
05-26-2016, 11:35 AM
I posted a week or so ago that Baylor = Ole Miss, simply stating that both were in some deep trouble.

I was incorrect with that statement as it has now become obvious that most programs (including Baylor) when caught red-handed start handing out pink slips. Ole Miss on the other hand decides to do the opposite and simply ride it out hoping everything turns out in their favor.

I think the Network/Archie Manning has told the chancellor he's not firing anybody. They're in for the long haul.

state66
05-26-2016, 11:37 AM
They got any OL??

spiral
05-26-2016, 11:41 AM
Maybe this frees up a few more NCAA investigators to go "All In" at OM.

War Machine Dawg
05-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I just don't see anyone touching Briles. He's radioactive. It'd be one thing to get fired for NCAA violations. But covering up rapes is something else entirely. No AD or university president in his right mind is going to risk his rep and the school's rep on a coach who has proven he's a win at all costs type. You can't control someone willing to lie to everyone and keep his superiors out of the loop.

HSVDawg
05-26-2016, 12:36 PM
I got a question....

Considering that the NCAA retracted pretty much all of the serious penalties against PSU, I'd say probably not.

turkish
05-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Malzahn, Miles, and Butch just went on the major hot seat.
What's the connection there?

Dawgface
05-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Atmosphere may be ripe to let Freeze go too.

Freeze being a man of faith would be a perfect fit for Baylor.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-26-2016, 12:40 PM
What's the connection there?

He's saying that since Briles is available, their hot seats just got turned up a notch. Personally, like WMD said, he's untouchable at any major university or college.

TrapGame
05-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Freeze being a man of faith would be a perfect fit for Baylor.

I'd love to know if Sexton has already called and said Freeze is interested.

msbulldog
05-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I just don't see anyone touching Briles. He's radioactive. It'd be one thing to get fired for NCAA violations. But covering up rapes is something else entirely. No AD or university president in his right mind is going to risk his rep and the school's rep on a coach who has proven he's a win at all costs type. You can't control someone willing to lie to everyone and keep his superiors out of the loop.

No your not the only one. You are right on point.

TUSK
05-26-2016, 12:46 PM

This is correct.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 12:50 PM
How long has it been since Tressell has coached because of the cover up and lying about improper benefits...tattoos, free loaner cars, etc.? I think Briles is going to be on vacation for a while. Although to be fair, the administration at Baylor has just as much if not more blame. And they probably have fed issues to overcome as well since this also is a direct Title IX violation. I think during some of this they were in some hot water for not having a Title IX compliance director for 2-3 years.

FISHDAWG
05-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Bobby Petrino wasn't fired for any NCAA stuff or for covering up rape and was lucky to get his old gig back at Louisville but I don't see other schools standing in line to interview him ... Briles only option going forward is the NFL or high school IMO

DCdawg
05-26-2016, 01:07 PM
If they release signees, is there anyone that we are interested in and vice versa?

Dawg61
05-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Bobby Petrino wasn't fired for any NCAA stuff or for covering up rape and was lucky to get his old gig back at Louisville but I don't see other schools standing in line to interview him ... Briles only option going forward is the NFL or high school IMO

Maybe so but Briles resume is even more impressive than Petrino's. He has Baylor as a perennial top 10 program right now. That's like making Vandy a top 10 program.

Gutter Cobreh
05-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Maybe so but Briles resume is even more impressive than Petrino's. He has Baylor as a perennial top 10 program right now. That's like making Vandy a top 10 program.

It'll all depend on what is released from the internal investigation. The devil is in the details. At this point, I agree with you. If Petrino is offered a second chance (even if it was Western Kentucky) after getting on camera in a neck brace, then Briles can resurrect his career if he chooses to.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 01:46 PM
It'll all depend on what is released from the internal investigation. The devil is in the details. At this point, I agree with you. If Petrino is offered a second chance (even if it was Western Kentucky) after getting on camera in a neck brace, then Briles can resurrect his career if he chooses to.

They just fired the best coach they have ever had, the report is going to be damning to Briles. Very damning and was reached after an independent third party law firm investigated the situation FOR the university. There was a serious issue with the football programs culture and accountability. He is radioactive.

bdawg02
05-26-2016, 01:54 PM
It is real bad.. Briles won't be a head coach for while... if ever....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/05/26/pepper-hamilton-report-baylor-sexual-assault-art-briles-fired/84985048/

Goldendawg
05-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Ken Starr was their President. He has not been fired yet, but demoted to Chancellor and I think Professor in their law school. Yes, the ken Starr of the Bill Clinton investigation. Wow, some punishment on the demotion. The AD has been put on probation. All info from MSN.com. At least UNM has not been accused of this unless you count the player involved in the Frat incident. A list of all the players UMN has taken recently with a record would be very interesting reading.

Johnson85
05-26-2016, 02:17 PM

Petrino combined exposing the university to employment liability with a consistent and an ahole personality with repeated job hopping.

Not that your point isn't valid, but I'm not sure Petrino's scandal holds him back that much if he were otherwise easy to deal with.

dawgs
05-26-2016, 06:35 PM
He's saying that since Briles is available, their hot seats just got turned up a notch. Personally, like WMD said, he's untouchable at any major university or college.

I assumed it had to do with the whole thing at Tennessee where butch got on a player for helping a friend report being raped by a couple other football players and then got the shit kicked out of him by the football team.

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/football/lawsuit-ut-football-players-assaulted-drae-bowles-for-helping-rape-victim-2b605b1c-9e5f-56e5-e053-01-368262521.html?d=mobile

There's been some others too.

http://deadspin.com/tennessee-lawsuit-reveals-details-of-unprosecuted-rape-1761148575

If you really want to be disillusioned about major college sports and rape and our criminal legal system being extremely flawed, go read Jon krakaur's Missoula. If Montana is covering up for football players, then God knows how far a lot of P5 programs are going.