PDA

View Full Version : Zac Houston with a great game.

Red Sox Dawg
05-25-2016, 08:08 PM
8.2 innings
4 hits
1 run
Win
Great job

I seen it dawg
05-25-2016, 08:17 PM
What an outstanding performance. Dominant. He pitched his ass off and deserved the shutout. If this is the real him for the next month holy shit what shot in the arm. Hopefully we just found our game 1 regional starter.

Saltydog
05-25-2016, 08:20 PM
nt

Red Sox Dawg
05-25-2016, 08:25 PM
If he can give us quality starts the rest of the year you gotta like our chances going forward.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Proud of Zac! Glad to see him bow up! This team is a real team!

jbjones
05-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Proud of Zac! Glad to see him bow up! This team is a real team!

I agree, man it was fun to watch Zac sack-up and ball-out. Proud of that man, and damn...you gotta be excited about this postseason!

Commercecomet24
05-25-2016, 08:35 PM
I agree, man it was fun to watch Zac sack-up and ball-out. Proud of that man, and damn...you gotta be excited about this postseason!

I said it an earlier thread when people were concerned about Houston going up against Bamas ace. This team don't care who's on the mound or who they're playing. They're going out on that field and do whatever it takes to beat whoevers out there. I've completely bought in! This bunch is for real! Gonna be a fun finish!

DownwardDawg
05-25-2016, 08:37 PM
His performance was huge for us!! We will be hell to deal with in the post season if he can keep this type performance up. This team is special. Our starting pitching reminds me of the UCLA team that beat us in the CWS.

starkvegasdawg
05-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Always a great thing when you can get that first win and still have your whole pen available.

JohnnyQuid
05-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Hopefully we just found our game 1 regional starter.

no doubt. can't imagine many teams would have a game 3 starter with his "stuff" either. all comes down to command for him - limit walks and he'll do well

Todd4State
05-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Only threw 8.2. That's not going to cut it.**

Red Sox Dawg
05-25-2016, 09:00 PM

I laughed. I also have to say that our new pitching coach has earned his pay this year.

BayouDawg
05-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Really glad for Houston! He looked like an SEC ace out there tonight!

Harrydawg
05-25-2016, 09:16 PM
ZH has always had the stuff. Dominant fastball with a nasty curve.......we have waited and waited for him put it all together. Damn he was good tonight, and great job by these coaches as they have coached him thru some real struggles and not given up on him.

Saddle up boys, this gonna be a fun, fun run

Coach34
05-25-2016, 09:24 PM
I'm starting him over Pilk at this point- even considering a tandem job with the both of them going 3-4 innings each

chainedup_Dawg
05-25-2016, 09:25 PM
That line is strong as it is but even more important for Houston, 0 walks. He earned every bit of that one tonight, really proud of him!

Harrydawg
05-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Bingo, zero walks.....and he had a great outing eventhough he did not have a high number of first pitch strikes. He was consistently behind in the count.

He can do better, which is scary..........

Johnson85
05-25-2016, 09:38 PM

Devastating to have to use the bull pen to get that last out. Hope we have enough pitching left to finish the tournament.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm starting him over Pilk at this point- even considering a tandem job with the both of them going 3-4 innings each

Agree. Zac earned it tonight. The combo of him and pilk would be pretty dang tough too.

confucius say
05-25-2016, 09:41 PM

Yep. I would use one as my 3rd starter and have the other, probably pilk, as my game 4 starter if we have to play four. I use Houston as a starter only.

Schultzy
05-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Big confidence builder for him today. It's outings like this that makes the tournament relevant.

dawgoneyall
05-25-2016, 10:29 PM
8.2 innings
4 hits
1 run
Win
Great job

95-96 in the ninth. Nice

smootness
05-25-2016, 10:46 PM
His performance was huge for us!! We will be hell to deal with in the post season if he can keep this type performance up. This team is special. Our starting pitching reminds me of the UCLA team that beat us in the CWS.

And our hitting is infinitely better than theirs was.

BayouDawg
05-25-2016, 10:49 PM
And our hitting is infinitely better than theirs was.

Yea I think they were hitting like .190 as a team in the CWS. That's how horrible the dead bat/ball era was that a team hitting .190 through the World Series could win it

Homedawg
05-25-2016, 10:58 PM

One start against a team that can't hit is good but let's cool the jets. Maybe he goes balls out from here on, but he's certainly given us a plenty of reason to question his consistency. Otherwise he would have been our starte all year on Sunday. It wasn't without opportunity.

MarketingBully
05-25-2016, 11:00 PM
That was an audition IMO for that slot in the CWS where we can pitch him to eliminate a team instead of pitching Hudson to setup our rotation for the championship series. With Houston, Cyr, and Pilk to go along with Hudson and Sexton, we have five legitimate starters. I was at the game and loved Zac's performance. I want him to have a great post season so we not only win a national title but he can get drafted high. He has great stuff and yes we are that good. Another test tomorrow if we face Logan Shore but we have what it takes with this team to win a national title.

MarketingBully
05-25-2016, 11:02 PM
One start against a team that can't hit is good but let's cool the jets. Maybe he goes balls out from here on, but he's certainly given us a plenty of reason to question his consistency. Otherwise he would have been our starte all year on Sunday. It wasn't without opportunity.

Dude, he was hitting 92-95 with his fastball and changing speeds on his off speed stuff between 78-81. Not many teams could have hit what he threw tonight.

Schultzy
05-25-2016, 11:53 PM
He said he wants to be a starter and it doesn't take many pitches to recognize what he has that day but if the ump is kind early he can shut people down.

Eta: umpiring is much better in the post season

Todd4State
05-26-2016, 12:57 AM
That was an audition IMO for that slot in the CWS where we can pitch him to eliminate a team instead of pitching Hudson to setup our rotation for the championship series. With Houston, Cyr, and Pilk to go along with Hudson and Sexton, we have five legitimate starters. I was at the game and loved Zac's performance. I want him to have a great post season so we not only win a national title but he can get drafted high. He has great stuff and yes we are that good. Another test tomorrow if we face Logan Shore but we have what it takes with this team to win a national title.

Actually Houston has done pretty well when you analyze the few starts he has gotten. His last start before being dropped from the rotation he had 10k's and 5 shutout innings. The other starts he looked good against ULM but we went Johnny Wholestaff but Houston was dominating. He wasn't as sharp against Troy, but he still didn't allow a run.

I think most of his inconsistency stems from is trying to make him into a relief pitcher. It takes a little while for him to warm up and get loose.

MarketingBully
05-26-2016, 01:02 AM
Actually Houston has done pretty well when you analyze the few starts he has gotten. His last start before being dropped from the rotation he had 10k's and 5 shutout innings. The other starts he looked good against ULM but we went Johnny Wholestaff but Houston was dominating. He wasn't as sharp against Troy, but he still didn't allow a run.

I think most of his inconsistency stems from is trying to make him into a relief pitcher. It takes a little while for him to warm up and get loose.

Oh yeah, I agree with you. I like where Houston is. He has dynamite stuff. Will make a lot of money soon. Would be great if he showed out this post season.

Bama_Dawg
05-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Its a great thing that Zac stepped up. To make a good run you need at least 2, maybe 3 good starters to run out there. Now we could potentially have 4 including Pilk. We've got some great problems to have (which one to put out there on the bump).

This postseason is gonna be FUN! We've got to keep the bats hot, and sure up some defense (I'm looking a you Mr. Collins).

bhamdawgfan
05-26-2016, 10:22 AM

Easy decision. Just start whoever favors the opponents best (Righty/Lefty) lineup.