PDA

View Full Version : Wolken on Ole Miss....

CadaverDawg
05-25-2016, 03:10 PM
"The fact that Ole Miss has not released the information to me signals that it is worse than they are letting on" - @DanWolken

MSUDawg99
05-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Yeah he's o'er there throwing smoke & they're dumbass fans say that someone requested another 30 day ext. DAFUQ? You're a little behind dumbass. That 30 days has already passed. Pay attention & try to keep up. Hard, I know. But try.

jumbo
05-25-2016, 03:16 PM
Yeah he's o'er there throwing smoke & they're dumbass fans say that someone requested another 30 day ext. DAFUQ? You're a little behind dumbass. That 30 days has already passed. Pay attention & try to keep up. Hard, I know. But try.

A) you only get 1 extension (B) that extension has ended (C) OM has already responded but they are waiting to make said response public because they cannot wait to tell their side of the story

MSUDawg99
05-25-2016, 03:19 PM
A) you only get 1 extension (B) that extension has ended (C) OM has already responded but they are waiting to make said response public because they cannot wait to tell their side of the story

A) correct B) correct, also C) uh huh...so that is the word on da skreet

Dawgowar
05-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Probable UNM press release "NCAA Deadlines are both arbitrary and not applicable to established flagship universities. We have of course complied with these suggested timelines, allowing for a less fortunate THIRD PARTY to apply for a 30 day extension. While we could opt to use our 30 day extension we have instead sent an amazing, no fabulous, response using pretty colors and professional fonts.

However, in keeping with our steadfast belief we are being rushed in this process we will not release our Faulkner-seque response. It's awesomeness could sway our state's unbiased media outlets. This transparent lack of disclosure is in keeping with our tradition of hospitality and congenial treatment of our NCAA advisors these last three years. We feel fortunate that the NCAA has helped us to cooperate with this minor administrative concern by staying, living, and enjoying the most beautiful campus in the whole wide world for three years. Someday, another movie will be made depicting our courage in the face of unwarranted accusations. "

jumbo
05-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Steve made a great point. OM's response doesn't really matter, the charges from the NCAA are the important piece.

Dawgowar
05-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Steve made a great point. OM's response doesn't really matter, the charges from the NCAA are the important piece.

As is how they respond to the UNM response - i.e. Penalties

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-25-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm surprised nobody ran with it when Freeze was on Finebaum a week or two ago. One of the comments he made when asked about responding.... "You just want to scream from the rooftops, but you have to be patient with these things". That jumped out at me that day, but nobody has said anything about it. Maybe instead of screaming a response, he just meant.....screaming.

MSUDawg99
05-25-2016, 04:10 PM

Agreed. I just want to see what the charges are, not their BS fluff response.

Really Clark?
05-25-2016, 04:17 PM
As is how they respond to the UNM response - i.e. Penalties

No. In the response every violation, subsection and a good bit of the investigation itself has to be included with the response. Read ULL's response and you will get an idea of how much information has to be included in the universities response.

blacklistedbully
05-25-2016, 05:02 PM

Should be, "their". Not trying to be grammar police, but if you're gonna rail on people for being dumbasses, you should probably take just a little more care of what you post. That way they can't take your post over to their boards and make fun of you and your MSU education.

Boodawg
05-25-2016, 05:18 PM
No. In the response every violation, subsection and a good bit of the investigation itself has to be included with the response. Read ULL's response and you will get an idea of how much information has to be included in the universities response.

As I understand it, they can put out whatever they want. At least from what I've read on this board. So they can hide what they want in their response but what they send to ncaa can and prolly will b different. At least that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Really Clark?
05-25-2016, 05:40 PM
As I understand it, they can put out whatever they want. At least from what I've read on this board. So they can hide what they want in their response but what they send to ncaa can and prolly will b different. At least that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What Steve has been saying is if they put out the actual response, what they agree to or self impose is secondary to finally knowing what the infractions really are concerning. I guess they could do some sort of press release that they responded and highlight some parts of that but if they release the actual response, which Bjork said they would do along with the NOA, then it cannot be watered downed or altered. Certain privacy parts can be redacted however. Studen names, scores, etc.

Bully13
05-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Maybe this noa #1 is worse than what we've assumed and the delayed response is because Ole Miss is trying to negotiate to have some of the allegations dropped. Maybe some of the allegations are so damning, they don't want them released in hopes they can be removed.

Coach34
05-25-2016, 07:06 PM
Their response is really irrelevant in the grand scheme- I just wanted to read about the allegations

MSUDawg99
05-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Should be, "their". Not trying to be grammar police, but if you're gonna rail on people for being dumbasses, you should probably take just a little more care of what you post. That way they can't take your post over to their boards and make fun of you and your MSU education.

I'm a grammar nazi too. My mistake. Can't believe I didn't catch that.

jumbo
05-26-2016, 08:42 AM
Their response is really irrelevant in the grand scheme- I just wanted to read about the allegations

this

SDDawg
05-26-2016, 08:50 AM
As conservative and long-running as this process has been, I expect these allegations to be 100% true so the response matters zero, nor does some kind of fake "cooperation" that OM has implied (apparently Freeze sealing depos is a great method to cooperate). The allegations will let us know how hammered they are and who is getting the beatdown.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2016, 08:51 AM
After all this time I think there can only be ONE of two reasons they aren't releasing anything: 1) as has been said, it's REALLY bad and they are delaying and negotiating for all they are worth to try and lessen the hammer blow. 2) they are allowing the speculation to snowball so that no matter how bad it is, and how bad it is doesn't matter for this argument, it won't look as bad as people hoped/feared it would. I tend to lean toward 2.

ScoobaDawg
05-26-2016, 08:52 AM

Exactly. the only thing the response might show is the allegations since we STILL haven't seen the NOA.
But since it will be an "on-going" case they might redact everything..

MadDawg
05-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Maybe this noa #1 is worse than what we've assumed and the delayed response is because Ole Miss is trying to negotiate to have some of the allegations dropped. Maybe some of the allegations are so damning, they don't want them released in hopes they can be removed.

This is obviously the tactic. And they apparently still believe this will work.

Boodawg
05-26-2016, 10:38 AM
I haven't really thought about it until now, but when HF says he wants the deposition sealed and so forth and his reasons for doing so, isn't that being blatantly uncooperative with the NCAA.

starkvegasdawg
05-26-2016, 10:43 AM
I haven't really thought about it until now, but when HF says he wants the deposition sealed and so forth and his reasons for doing so, isn't that being blatantly uncooperative with the NCAA.

If anybody at the NCAA has an IQ above that of a tapeworm it would definitely make them think he may not have been providing exemplary cooperation.

TrapGame
05-26-2016, 10:47 AM

I think the NCAA will ask to see the deposition transcript. Freeze will tell them no. They will then ask a simple question: Why?. Then it gets interesting.

Boodawg
05-26-2016, 11:52 AM
It still baffles me how HF hasn't been asked by reporters why he feels the need to seal the deposition if, as he claims, he does everything the right way.

Boodawg
05-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if they gave HF a raise in middle of all this, to feed the illusion that nothing is going on, and nothing is going to happen.

Really Clark?
05-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they gave HF a raise in middle of all this, to feed the illusion that nothing is going on, and nothing is going to happen.

They did the first of Jan. It was of their douche talking points that they wouldn't do that if he had any violations against him or his staff.