PDA

View Full Version : Stricklin tweet

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Anybody see the tweet by Stricklin regarding meeting about new stadium? Had plans laid out on desk....but did you notice he had the lofts covered up by a cowbell? Just a coincidence? Or not?

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Interesting... listed as "alternate-1" at the concourse level ...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjUQ8csVAAAJSjc.jpg:large

I dont remember seeing a few things,. first look at the changes of the fence line pushing all the way back to Lakeview and has the pink highlighted area of "additional space"
Did they add a 2nd level of Lounges in the Right field looks like?

preachermatt83
05-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Got the lofts covered by the cowbell.

Mjoelner34
05-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Interesting... listed as "alternate-1" at the concourse level ...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjUQ8csVAAAJSjc.jpg:large

It also shows structures in right field like you see in left field. I was under the impression that all lounge structures were going to be only in left and right was going to be an open area. Personally, I don't care either way. We've already re-upped and will sit where they put us.

starkvegasdawg
05-25-2016, 12:46 PM
It also shows structures in right field like you see in left field. I was under the impression that all lounge structures were going to be only in left and right was going to be an open area. Personally, I don't care either way. We've already re-upped and will sit where they put us.

Keep the original lounge. Screw the concrete boxes.

EAVdog
05-25-2016, 12:47 PM
It's going to be nice but it won't be everything we saw in those great renderings. At least for a while.

Dawgbite
05-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Damn the print, I want that cowbell!

Mjoelner34
05-25-2016, 12:49 PM

Watch out. You'll have the liability parrots...I mean police after you for speaking such blasphemy.

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2016, 12:57 PM

Yep just edited my response... double layer of lounges in right field it appears. Thats different than the master plan video showed. fence line wasnt moved either.
I'm comparing it now to see anything else I see.

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2016, 12:58 PM
It's going to be nice but it won't be everything we saw in those great renderings. At least for a while.

You must be referring to the lofts...

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Damn the print, I want that cowbell!

http://www.yearofthecowbell.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=YOTC-2016SECChampInterlock

BHildreth3
05-25-2016, 01:06 PM
http://www.yearofthecowbell.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=YOTC-2016SECChampInterlock

They need to reprint that graphic. It's "SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE" NOT "SOUTH EASTERN CONFERENCE"

Duckdog
05-25-2016, 01:06 PM

So much this

HSVDawg
05-25-2016, 01:07 PM

It's done and over, regardless of what anybody thinks about it. The current lounge set up is logistically impossible within the new stadium plan with open concourse, etc. It's high time people realized this and let it go.

Dawgbite
05-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Maybe the Lofts are going to be in the shape of a giant cowbell.

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2016, 01:10 PM
How Scott views it

Scott Stricklin
‏@stricklinMSU
@bobstone1 What’s there now is vastly different to how LFL was at inception, but atmosphere hasn’t changed. This is natural progression

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2016, 01:12 PM
The only other thing I'm interested in is the red area down the left field line.. I think it says existing But can't make it out... and there sin't anything existing there that would be re-used.

starkvegasdawg
05-25-2016, 01:13 PM
It's done and over, regardless of what anybody thinks about it. The current lounge set up is logistically impossible within the new stadium plan with open concourse, etc. It's high time people realized this and let it go.

I refuse to let it go. And no, I'm not someone that has a rig out there. I've never even watched a game from the lounge. I just know that the LFL is the best tradition in college baseball and maybe in all of college sports and it's being destroyed. If they wanted to keep it they could logistically find a way. I don't buy that for a second. I'm sure architects have conquered more difficult feats over the course of human history. What I do buy is that our AD has gotten a lot of pressure from rich entitled alumni that think they "deserve" a spot out in the LFL and have convinced him to do away with the current one and replace it with this so they can get their name on a plaque and come to two games a year and feel all privileged and important when they have their picture taken next to said plaque. The LFL is being destroyed for nothing more than $$$.

Dawgbite
05-25-2016, 01:34 PM
So, do you want to go in halves on one of the new spots?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2016, 01:45 PM
I refuse to let it go. And no, I'm not someone that has a rig out there. I've never even watched a game from the lounge. I just know that the LFL is the best tradition in college baseball and maybe in all of college sports and it's being destroyed. If they wanted to keep it they could logistically find a way. I don't buy that for a second. I'm sure architects have conquered more difficult feats over the course of human history. What I do buy is that our AD has gotten a lot of pressure from rich entitled alumni that think they "deserve" a spot out in the LFL and have convinced him to do away with the current one and replace it with this so they can get their name on a plaque and come to two games a year and feel all privileged and important when they have their picture taken next to said plaque. The LFL is being destroyed for nothing more than $$$.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all current LFL would have 1st dibs to retain their spots.

msstatelp1
05-25-2016, 01:45 PM

I agree. Go back to the Original LFL .First Come First Served and anything you bring in leaves at the end of the game.

Homedawg
05-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all current LFL would have 1st dibs to retain their spots.
Correct. And what's being charged for a spot now is beyond absurdly cheap.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Correct. And what's being charged for a spot now is beyond absurdly cheap.

Thanks

Dawgbite
05-25-2016, 02:05 PM

They do and there is the same number of new spots as there are current rigs. I have access to a rig now and inquired about getting a new spot of my very own and was told that the university only expects 2-5 spots to be open after the current owners decide. This is from someone who would know. The fly in this is that a lot of those spots belong to someone other than the current tenant and have been sublet, some more than once.

smootness
05-25-2016, 03:12 PM
The LFL is being preserved, not destroyed. And you're going to have to let it go...that, or pointlessly be angry for the rest of time.

Goldendawg
05-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Dawgbite, as far as your offer for someone to got in half with you on a spot in the LFL, 15 year old son says yes, if Native American girl "Sitting on a Rock" will be there! His Mom however says maybe not.

1bigdawg
05-25-2016, 03:14 PM

I have watched games from the lounge and believe the rigs ruined it. It was a better friendlier place before Templeton decided he could raise more money by selling slots for the rigs. It was already the "best tradition in college baseball."

I don't hate the new idea. I am glad to see the entitled people with rigs go.

MSUDawg99
05-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Anybody see the tweet by Stricklin regarding meeting about new stadium? Had plans laid out on desk....but did you notice he had the lofts covered up by a cowbell? Just a coincidence? Or not?

Maybe he covered them up because they're considered part of Phase 2 & not Phase 1, is my understanding. That may not have anything to do with this pic but I understand that the lofts will not be built in Phase 1 of the project.

Dawgbite
05-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Dawgbite, as far as your offer for someone to got in half with you on a spot in the LFL, 15 year old son says yes, if Native American girl "Sitting on a Rock" will be there! His Mom however says maybe not.

A wise man once told me, " It doesn't matter where you get your appetite just as long as you eat at home!"

ILOATHEBears
05-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Maybe he covered them up because they're considered part of Phase 2 & not Phase 1, is my understanding. That may not have anything to do with this pic but I understand that the lofts will not be built in Phase 1 of the project.

I'm going with the idea a giant cowbell is going to be in the left field corner!!

EAVdog
05-25-2016, 04:07 PM
You must be referring to the lofts...

The scope overall shrunk a good bit. At least based on what I've heard. 55 Million is still going to buy you the best dang college baseball stadium in the land. I think that is where it is now based on the last request to IHL.

PassInterference
05-25-2016, 04:09 PM
How Scott views it

Scott Stricklin
‏@stricklinMSU
@bobstone1 What?s there now is vastly different to how LFL was at inception, but atmosphere hasn?t changed. This is natural progression

Agree 100%.

It is amazing that the homemade rigs lasted this long. Safety issues and liability all over the place.

I am confident the new LFL will be just as unique and respectful to our tradition. They'll come up with something safe with the charming irregularity that the current LFL has.

RougeDawg
05-25-2016, 04:39 PM
Left field lofts have been frowned upon by Johnny and Daniel. Since people who lead them would have views of each practice area, they have been scrapped.

RocketDawg
05-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Dumb question because I haven't kept up with it ... is this a totally new baseball stadium, or is it in the same location as Dudy Noble. Will they just tear the stands down and build new, remodel, or what?

Johnson85
05-25-2016, 04:54 PM
I agree. Go back to the Original LFL .First Come First Served and anything you bring in leaves at the end of the game.

I wish they would do this in part of the outfield. Would be awesome to have some grilling areas set up in an area where you could watch the game and put lawnchairs on a first come first serve basis. Like on a berm in right field. Make up for some of the atmosphere that will probably be lost with the rigs going away.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-25-2016, 04:56 PM

What? So just make it a glorified picnic area?

That makes zero sense. What would happen to all the rigs that make the LFL so special?

Original48
05-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Could not agree more. And if you enjoy bitching about rich people's empty chair backs in the grandstand, you're gonna love the organized sea of bare concrete and steel in the new outfield. LFL is who we are. And we are dismantling it. Only us.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-25-2016, 04:57 PM
I wish they would do this in part of the outfield. Would be awesome to have some grilling areas set up in an area where you could watch the game and put lawnchairs on a first come first serve basis. Like on a berm in right field. Make up for some of the atmosphere that will probably be lost with the rigs going away.

Apparently some of you need to go back and look at the video.

And some of you need to step off the ledge. Not only are we about to create the best park in college baseball, we are preserving the LFL with the same folks (if they choose) who are there currently. The only difference will be the ability to wheel your rig in and out every year. You will still be able to build what you want, and create your own masterpiece. I really don't get how some of you don't get this.

They don't teach critical thinking to a portion of our fan base, but the folks out in Left Field have always thought outside the box. This will continue in a big way with our new park.

I'll still be watching from my chairbacks on the 1st base side.

Steakonastick
05-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Lofts are still in play but they will have to be a seperate bulldog club project. They would need to purchase the land from the state first. 2nd Mullen does not want people to be able to watch his practices.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-25-2016, 05:12 PM

Most people see "picture" and decide to bitch about it for days without even opening the book. It's a consequence of the dumbing down of American society and I'm convinced that it runs rampant through all tentacles of American society. Yes, the Lofts will be included in the phasing plan of this baseball park.

Johnson85
05-25-2016, 05:47 PM

That makes zero sense. What would happen to all the rigs that make the LFL so special?

I think he was making a point about people bitching about going back to the original set up would have been the same people bitching about moving from the true original set up to the rig setup.

War Machine Dawg
05-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Left field lofts have been frowned upon by Johnny and Daniel. Since people who lead them would have views of each practice area, they have been scrapped.

And to think I was ridiculed mercilessly for saying the exact same thing two years ago a few months after the announcement. Glad someone else heard the same thing.

msstatelp1
05-25-2016, 06:25 PM

LFL started just this way. There weren't any reserved spaces. It was a place you could drive your car or truck, sit and drink beer while watching the game. Basically it was tailgating for baseball. Now it's become a very exclusive club where you're not welcome unless you are a member or you know someone that is. I understand that the people that own the rigs have to be this way because of the expense involved and the limited space available, but its not the laid back place it was in the early 80's when I first went there.

My main point was that the folks shouting "Don't change LFL!!" need to understand that LFL has evolved from what it was when John Grisham wrote about it. Just as the Original LFL wouldn't work for today's Dudy Noble, the current configuration won't work for the future Dudy Noble.

BossDawg
05-25-2016, 06:43 PM

Well, damn.....I was hoping for the lofts or something similar somewhere. Maybe some "Right Field Rentals"? I felt like that was the one thing that would REALLY set the venue apart from the rest.

Bothrops
05-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Well, damn.....I was hoping for the lofts or something similar somewhere. Maybe some "Right Field Rentals"? I felt like that was the one thing that would REALLY set the venue apart from the rest.

According to some folks they're gonna be built, but perhaps in a second phase. I don't think many really know.

smootness
05-25-2016, 07:22 PM
It always kills me that people think those freaking rigs are what makes LFL special. It's the FANS...always has been, always will be. As long as you give fans a place to set up out there, it will continue to be a special place.

Dawgbite
05-25-2016, 07:30 PM

But right now she is busy fixin my supper.

msstatelp1
05-25-2016, 08:50 PM
I think he was making a point about people bitching about going back to the original set up would have been the same people bitching about moving from the true original set up to the rig setup.

Wish I had seen your post earlier. Coulda saved myself a bunch of words.

msstatelp1
05-25-2016, 08:51 PM
It always kills me that people think those freaking rigs are what makes LFL special. It's the FANS...always has been, always will be. As long as you give fans a place to set up out there, it will continue to be a special place.

This man gets it.

bulldogcountry1
05-25-2016, 09:37 PM

Wrong. Old Rvs with a tarp strapped to the top is what makes it special.**

15-20 years ago, many of the rigs could be driven into place. Can that be said for any of them now? It's time for our fans to stop pretending like the LFL has been the same for decades.

Johnson85
05-25-2016, 09:46 PM

I don't know. There are good fans at other places that are good fans and they wouldn't be able to duplicate the left field lounge. I think for a little while, left field lounge will be the same regardless of what we do (within reason), but I do think we run a risk of that brig diminished somewhat over say a decade. Not saying we shouldn't make the change, just pointing out that if we could recreate left field lounge for sure even with significant modifications, other programs would have already successfully copied it.