PDA

View Full Version : I hope we get this version of Nickoe Whitley this year

SignalToNoise
08-20-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7fW1eu1Aw

This was just a badass play.

MSUDawg4Life
08-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Watch all of Nickoe's clips and it's easy to see that he's one bad dude.

One thing I've been noticing: Whenever we have defensive highlight clips like this, it almost always involves serious pressure on the QB.

This clip, John Banks' two pick sixes of Tebow, on and on ... intense heat ... usually from Pernell McPhee.

Just an observation.

I really hope we're bringing the heat this year.

CJDAWG85
08-20-2013, 09:42 AM
I wish we'd go back to those uniforms and helmets

HancockCountyDog
08-20-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7fW1eu1Aw

This was just a badass play.

Man he looks at least 15 pounds lighter in that video. I know that he has matured and I think last year he simply had no choice but to gain weight after his injury, but man he looks so much better in that video.

Has anyone seen pics of him, has he slimmed down?

deltadawg99
08-20-2013, 11:11 AM
I hoping to see a pass rush like we had on this clip.

Damn that was a good DL. 3 out of the 4 are in the NFL and Ferguson was a solid DE.

SignalToNoise
08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Man he looks at least 15 pounds lighter in that video. I know that he has matured and I think last year he simply had no choice but to gain weight after his injury, but man he looks so much better in that video.

All the posts I have seen say he looks like he has slimmed down and is in great shape.

HancockCountyDog
08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
I hoping to see a pass rush like we had on this clip.

Damn that was a good DL. 3 out of the 4 are in the NFL and Ferguson was a solid DE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cZEfMMtceGY

Watch this video and try and tell me that it was the same player out there last year? Man I hope he is fully healthy, it was criminal what Wilson did to him. That one play at the 30 second mark where he is trying to cover a slot WR one on one and luckily the pass was 5 yards over his head, is telling on several levels.

engie
08-20-2013, 11:29 AM

He lost all the weight he gained during his injury and has regained all of his quickness. It was already pretty apparent during our bowl game last year that he was much closer to "back" at that point in his movements -- even if the scheme was still screwing him to an extent...

The Croom Diaries
08-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I love Nickoe. I think he's going to have a big year. Not many people realize it but he has 10 career picks which is 2nd in the nation currently.

SignalToNoise
08-20-2013, 11:44 AM
He lost all the weight he gained during his injury and has regained all of his quickness. It was already pretty apparent during our bowl game last year that he was much closer to "back" at that point in his movements -- even if the scheme was still screwing him to an extent...

I had a mixed opinion at that point. Still didn't look to be himself and of course the defensive schemes didn't do him any favors. In the Egg Bowl I think he got beat on a few big plays, too. Each time it looked like he was just a step or two slow in getting there.

engie
08-20-2013, 11:52 AM
The "step or two" was in the read/react scheme which asked him to do too much. Is that not obvious in the Gator mash up? They had him in man coverage on slot receivers -- to playing center field and not actually having "help" on either side(thus defining why he "looks stupid" when he's 2 steps late to a guy he wasn't actually even assigned to defend).

Bottom line is that he was pretty good overall in that Gator Bowl -- and saved our ass on a blown coverage on the first INT...

HancockCountyDog
08-20-2013, 11:56 AM
The "step or two" was in the read/react scheme which asked him to do too much. Is that not OBVIOUS in the Gator mash up? They had him in man coverage on slot receivers -- to playing center field and not actually having "help" on either side.

Bottom line is that he was pretty good overall in that Gator Bowl -- and saved our ass on a blown coverage on the first INT...

I tell you what is also obvious, that Colter couldn't pass for shit. There were wide open WR's that they couldn't get the ball to. Wilson's playcalling in this game is why he was demoted/fired; I mean good lord some of the calls make you want stop watching football.

SignalToNoise
08-20-2013, 12:02 PM
The "step or two" was in the read/react scheme which asked him to do too much. Is that not obvious in the Gator mash up? They had him in man coverage on slot receivers -- to playing center field and not actually having "help" on either side(thus defining why he "looks stupid" when he's 2 steps late to a guy he wasn't actually even assigned to defend).

Well in any case I think we can all agree that having him at 100% would be best.

Bark
08-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I tell you what is also obvious, that Colter couldn't pass for shit. There were wide open WR's that they couldn't get the ball to. Wilson's playcalling in this game is why he was demoted/fired; I mean good lord some of the calls make you want stop watching football.

Collins was the play caller during this game.

engie
08-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Collins called plays in that game(and was a big improvement in real time vs what we'd been seeing) -- but we were still stuck in Wilson's scheme...

CJDAWG85
08-20-2013, 12:17 PM
The GB loss had a lot to do with poor schemes on D, but the bigger issue was the self inflicted wounds...

Russell's pick 6 on the 2nd play of the game
Russell's INT right after Denico intercepted NW and ran back inside the NW 20
Robinson's long run inside the NW 5 and we settle for 3
Whitley spiking the ball after his 2nd INT

There are probably more, but these were off the top of my head

BhamDawg
08-20-2013, 12:17 PM

I'm pretty sure Collins was calling this game...

hailmari
08-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Man, even though we lost, that was a fun game. The stadium was in complete party mode for it. You can hear how loud it was in the video.

Bear
08-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Collins called plays in that game(and was a big improvement in real time vs what we'd been seeing) -- but we were still stuck in Wilson's scheme...

True, glad there will be a new scheme this year!

HancockCountyDog
08-20-2013, 02:40 PM

I guess I had blocked that out. Im looking forward to seeing what Collins can come up with, I think almost anything would be an improvement.

Hypnodawg
08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I guess I had blocked that out. Im looking forward to seeing what Collins can come up with, I think almost anything would be an improvement.
This. I had my teeth cut in Joe Lee Dunn defense era. That crap we ran last year made me sick.

MSUDawg4Life
08-20-2013, 03:27 PM
This. I had my teeth cut in Joe Lee Dunn defense era. That crap we ran last year made me sick.

I came through a little earlier, but we always seemed to have a hard-nosed, hard hitting defense. Last year's defense was probably hard to watch for most MSU fans. We're just not used to it.