PDA

View Full Version : Rick Neuheisel says Ole Miss didn't cheat

DawgPoundLazer
05-25-2016, 07:36 AM
Oh the irony

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/rick-neuheisel-laremy-tunsil-situation-will-go-away-quietly-ole-miss/

mcain31
05-25-2016, 07:44 AM
I guess he's campaigning to be Hugh's replacement

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-25-2016, 07:45 AM
He's just following his marching orders from Tim Brando. Brando has been on the reb's side from the beginning.

CadaverDawg
05-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Wait, Hugh just got done saying he's "not a part of the fact finding process" and that he "knows nothing", yet he knew enough to be able to convince a former cheater that they didn't cheat, even citing "answers for everything"?

Doesn't sound like a guy that "knows nothing" to me. Am I missing something?

TrapGame
05-25-2016, 07:54 AM
The article isn't worth the time it took to read it. I'm not at liberty to say what Hugh Freeze told me but I can assure everyone ole miss didn't cheat. Really?

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380238785ra/681562.gif

Mjoelner34
05-25-2016, 07:55 AM

He would be a perfect fit.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-25-2016, 07:57 AM
I thought freeze wasn't involved in the fact finding process. How did he have anything to tell Neuheisel?

ETA: Sorry didn't see Cadaver already said this.

662dawg
05-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Wait, Hugh just got done saying he's "not a part of the fact finding process" and that he "knows nothing", yet he knew enough to be able to convince a former cheater that they didn't cheat, even citing "answers for everything"?

Bingo. Freeze is the lyingest "Christian" I've ever seen. He's so FOS & there's no way you could ever explain these beaver contradictions to the school of delusion fans.

Reason2succeed
05-25-2016, 08:01 AM
Nevin Shapiro says that Dicky Scruggs didn't cheat
Cam Newton says the Johnny Manziel didn't cheat
UNC says ULaLa didn't cheat

SDDawg
05-25-2016, 08:10 AM
F**k him. He's garbage.

Liverpooldawg
05-25-2016, 08:14 AM

I was going to post this exact thing after I read that. Which is it Hugh? Either you know what's going on or you don't. You can't change it based on whether the person you are talking to is friendly or not. You can't change it based whether it's in a public interview or a private chat. I'd say it fits the pattern though. I hope the NCAA took notice of how the story changes based on who it's being told to.

starkvegasdawg
05-25-2016, 08:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xI3esL0.gif

TrapGame
05-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Hugh Freeze, the Sergeant Schultz of the SEC.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pi5iXh_6Ei0/VtxV3yFmy1I/AAAAAAAABhY/yHJMfu3auVE/s320/Hogans%2BHeroes%2Bschutlz.jpg

Coach34
05-25-2016, 08:32 AM
Sounds like the NCAA should just hire Neuheisal and save themselves 3 years next time

Liverpooldawg
05-25-2016, 08:39 AM
I was going to post this exact thing after I read that. Which is it Hugh? Either you know what's going on or you don't. You can't change it based on whether the person you are talking to is friendly or not. You can't change it based whether it's in a public interview or a private chat. I'd say it fits the pattern though. I hope the NCAA took notice of how the story changes based on who it's being told to.
Also, recruits should take notice. To Paul Finbaum Freeze was out of the loop and knew nothing. To this guy he says everything is fine and they have an answer for everything.

lefty96
05-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Sure would be nice if someone at the ncaa sent some leaked info somewhere like espn or something. This garbage is getting tiring

RougeDawg
05-25-2016, 09:10 AM
If they were squeaky clean, why have we still not seen the NOA or the response? Surely they would be preaching from the mountain tops if there were no issues

DawgHouseUnited
05-25-2016, 09:19 AM
It's been picked up on the radio. Heard on 92.9 in NE MS some guy talking about the SDS article. The radio guy basically took it as gospel that since the good Rev told Neuheisel nothing was going to happen and because Neuheisel bought it, then it's done and dusted. NCAA's packing up, and as long as they believe Northern Miss' answers, it's going to go away quietly.

It may be worth noting, that 92.9 "The Ticket" is based in Brookhaven and while claiming to cover State and OM, their website (while being bare-bones and nearly useless) only lists OM baseball. So perhaps it's no surprise that the radio guy on their station believed the BS.

spiritual_machine2005
05-25-2016, 09:31 AM
It would be nice if someone like Dan Wolken, Gary Parrish, or Pat Forte would notice that the 30 day extension has run out and call Bjork/Freeze out on it.

Boodawg
05-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Who is Neuheisel and why is he meeting with Freeze?

BayouDawg
05-25-2016, 09:40 AM
I don't know why freeze thought Neuheisel would be a good person to send his message through. Neuheisel had NCAA troubles at Colorado and Washington and he got caught illegally gambling. Neuheisel said freeze was doing the same thing Neuheisel did at Colorado. Hmmmm ok

TrapGame
05-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Al Capone says John Gotti wasn't involved in organized crime.**

spiral
05-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Freeze friends with Neuheisel actually makes sense.
Rick got his team on probation for cheating at recruiting and he personally was prohibited by the NCAA to go out recruiting. He gambled on college basketball. Lied to his employer about interviewing for another job. At UCLA shockingly took a team that went 4-8 and obtained the 5th ranked recruiting class. 2 peas in a pod if you ask me.

AlSwearengen
05-25-2016, 09:57 AM

olemiss loves neuheisal. They used to throw his name along with Dennis Erickson around quite a bit. Wonder what those two have in common that the bears love.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-25-2016, 10:00 AM
I have always thought of Neuheisel as west coast Tubberville.

Well now that Rick has weighed in I guess we can close the book on all of this*

New Bjork quote: "We can't wait (for Rick Nueheisel) to tell our story"

godlluB
05-25-2016, 10:07 AM
SDS is the only media outlet more worthless than the Clarion-Ledger.

Dawgface
05-25-2016, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't want RN giving my program a thumbs up. What a joke.

BulldogBear
05-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Well, I for one am glad to find out that this was all just a big misunderstanding*****

Mjoelner34
05-25-2016, 10:11 AM
New Bjork quote: "We can't wait (for Rick Nueheisel) to tell our story"

Nice!

Commercecomet24
05-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Oh the irony

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/rick-neuheisel-laremy-tunsil-situation-will-go-away-quietly-ole-miss/

One cheater to another. Of course we should believe Rick, there's no baggage in his past*****

bamadog
05-25-2016, 10:31 AM
This is going to end up just like Auburn I'm afraid. The NCAA is spineless and corrupt. I'm not getting my hopes up that they will do anything.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-25-2016, 10:39 AM
I think this sums up in a nutshell how much stock should be put into Neuheisel's comments:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2003-06-13-neuheisel-timeline_x.htm

TrapGame
05-25-2016, 10:51 AM
This is going to end up just like Auburn I'm afraid. The NCAA is spineless and corrupt. I'm not getting my hopes up that they will do anything.

And all Hell will break loose in college football.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4105110/barfight-o.gif

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-25-2016, 11:02 AM

To me, the biggest difference was that we were the only team that was pissed at Auburn. Ole Miss has pissed off UGA, Bama, Nebraska, FSU, and Michigan.

DawgHouseUnited
05-25-2016, 11:10 AM
To me, the biggest difference was that we were the only team that was pissed at Auburn. Ole Miss has pissed off UGA, Bama, Nebraska, FSU, and Michigan.

Plus $cam took them to the Natty. Different circumstances between OM and Auburn.

BayouDawg
05-25-2016, 11:17 AM
I think this sums up in a nutshell how much stock should be put into Neuheisel's comments:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2003-06-13-neuheisel-timeline_x.htm

Exactly. It'd be like Enron claiming Bernie Ebbers was innocent

mic
05-25-2016, 11:21 AM
olemiss loves neuheisal. They used to throw his name along with Dennis Erickson around quite a bit. Wonder what those two have in common that the bears love.

I know for a fact that DE laughed at UMiss after he met with them for the head gig years ago ..

mic
05-25-2016, 11:23 AM
SDS is the only media outlet more worthless than the Clarion-Ledger.

Glad someone else has figured out what I said on here over a year ago ...

Reason2succeed
05-25-2016, 11:35 AM

Another day another new poster who doesn't "think" that Ole Miss will be hammered.

If I've said it once I will say again. Either you are a troll or you have taken on the psychology of an abused or neglected child. Your only reasoning for not getting your hopes up is that as stated the NCAA has been spineless in the past. However it has been stated ad nauseum that the NCAA has put in new rules back in 2012 I believe that give them more teeth and Ole Miss is the perfect punching bag for them to tee off on because they have presented the image of a big time program but are not. Also, the overwhelming evidence and witnesses in this case are just too much for the NCAA to gloss over. It would mean the end of the NCAA and the facade of amateur student athletics if the NCAA lets OM off with a slap on the wrist.

Really Clark?
05-25-2016, 11:39 AM

ULL gets probation and 11 scholly's lost for ONE violation that was only discovered because of the UNM investigation and the discovery of Saunders ACT fraud that STARTED at UNM, but they won't get anything?

BulldogBear
05-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Another day another new poster who doesn't "think" that Ole Miss will be hammered.

If I've said it once I will say again. Either you are a troll or you have taken on the psychology of an abused or neglected child. Your only reasoning for not getting your hopes up is that as stated the NCAA has been spineless in the past. However it has been stated ad nauseum that the NCAA has put in new rules back in 2012 I believe that give them more teeth and Ole Miss is the perfect punching bag for them to tee off on because they have presented the image of a big time program but are not. Also, the overwhelming evidence and witnesses in this case are just too much for the NCAA to gloss over. It would mean the end of the NCAA and the facade of amateur student athletics if the NCAA lets OM off with a slap on the wrist.

Right!! This is what I keep saying and saying. They are going down hard. If the NCAA let's them skate is BECAUSE the NCAA does not want to remain relevant. With Ole Miss they get to take down an SEC nobody that keeps propping themselves as a somebody. So, the NCAA gets to have the national perception of being strict while not actually upsetting the football gods or otherwise upsetting the balance of power. Ole Miss has set themselves up to be the perfect example that is a win/win for everybody but themselves.

bamadog
05-25-2016, 11:44 AM

Not a troll... a long time lurker. I was in pretty deep with the auburn situation. They had 4 players on hbo say they were paid. Damning articles and speculation... then nothing. absolutely nothing. I want Ole Miss to get hammered like the rest of you guys. I just learned through that past experience with the NCAA not to get your hopes up.

DancingRabbit
05-25-2016, 11:50 AM

Auburn didn't get an NOA or have a nearly 4 year investigation.

Auburn got no sanctions. OM will not end up just like Auburn. OM sanctions will be somewhere between ULL and USCw. When it's all said and done it may eclipse the USCw penalties.

ScreenCaptureThis
05-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Not a troll... a long time lurker. I was in pretty deep with the auburn situation. They had 4 players on hbo say they were paid. Damning articles and speculation... then nothing. absolutely nothing. I want Ole Miss to get hammered like the rest of you guys. I just learned through that past experience with the NCAA not to get your hopes up.

I believe the NCAA rule changes were implemented post-Cam, and partly because of that situation. I could be wrong on that assessment, but even the post replying to you stated it was in 2012, and I would look at places like USC, UNC, and others as examples to the contrary of Cam Newton.

Someone also posted in another thread that in the Newton instance, you have a hands-down superstar with NC realistic possibilities, who was leaving as soon as the season was over. In this case, you have systematic cheating, paying, etc, dating back 10+ years.

HUGE differences.

tireddawg
05-25-2016, 12:00 PM
It would be nice if someone like Dan Wolken, Gary Parrish, or Pat Forte would notice that the 30 day extension has run out and call Bjork/Freeze out on it.

Someone hit em up on twitter. If this has been mentioned, sorry didn't read whole thread.

Beaver
05-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Neuheisel - "Hopefully the NCAA will realize they are legitimate answers.”

Odd statement coming from an "unbiased analyst."

Pollodawg
05-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Obviously this guy knows what he's talking about. I mean, he said it. So it must be right. Where does Neuhisel coach again?

Pollodawg
05-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Neuheisel - "Hopefully the NCAA will realize they are legitimate answers.”

Odd statement coming from an "unbiased analyst."

Telling. Very telling. Basically what Heuhisel is saying is that he has no clue what the NCAA is going to do, and he is only going off of what Freeze told him. That's totally an unbiased source.

Brando
05-25-2016, 12:36 PM
It seems to be a brash spike in some of these longtime lurkers all of a sudden posting. Alot of them come onto the scene for their first post when a NM pissant ad or coach breaks something to the media. Anyone else notice this?

coastratdog
05-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Sure would be nice if someone at the ncaa sent some leaked info somewhere like espn or something. This garbage is getting tiring

Sending leaked info on UNM to ESPN is almost as bad as sending it to the Liar. Send it to TMZ so real investigative reporting can be done. If we included a live shot of Michael Jackson or aliens then send it to the Enquire.

msbulldog
05-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Rick Neuheisel is as bright as a bag full of stupid. The redeeming part of that article is the comments, most I've seen on SDS in a while and UNM is having to go toe to toe with Ala. and Aubie!

Tripp McNeely
05-25-2016, 01:03 PM
Were Butch Davis and Barry Switzer too busy to talk to Hugh?

HancockCountyDog
05-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Oh the irony

http://66.media.tumblr.com/7f1949d5d33a5bd9fbedb97e5c551375/tumblr_o0e1kra1dz1tmns52o1_250.gif

Reason2succeed
05-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Rick probably ran into Hugh leaving Archie's house. Rick is just trying to get hopesup so that when Hugh gets canned that he can be on the short list for that $5million contract.

bamadog
05-25-2016, 02:04 PM
It seems to be a brash spike in some of these longtime lurkers all of a sudden posting. Alot of them come onto the scene for their first post when a NM pissant ad or coach breaks something to the media. Anyone else notice this?

Don't be so paranoid.

jumbo
05-25-2016, 02:22 PM

OM has already sent their response to the NCAA, they are just waiting until Friday to make it public to try and bury it over the long weekend.

BossDawg
05-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Oh the irony

So much for the "gag order" and Freeze not being "a part of the fact finding process"!!!!

But on the serious side, what a stupid artticle. Of course Freeze is gonna blow smoke and act like everything is fine. What else is he gonna say?

Liverpooldawg
05-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Don't be so paranoid.

Bit "dog"?

BossDawg
05-25-2016, 02:40 PM

I kinda had the same attitude until a chat I had last night. He didn't go into great detail but he's certainly in the know. I was told to be patient. I know that's a pretty vague and cryptic post, but I didn't ask him for any details. I just knew he was in the loop and was wondering what his opinion was on the whole ordeal. He said UM will get hit pretty hard.

Coach34
05-25-2016, 03:09 PM

all those players for Auburn that talked to HBO were outside of the 5 year window for the NCAA to do anything

Goldendawg
05-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Neuheisal meet Freeze = "Pot meet Kettle".