PDA

View Full Version : SEC Tourney Prediction Time...

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Give me your full tourney bracket predictions....OR, you can just give me how many games you think we win, and who you have winning the Tournament. Go.

Here's the bracket for reference...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjJsuq0WkAIC6Im?format=jpg&name=large

MarketingBully
05-24-2016, 05:29 PM
I think the Zac Houston experiment works to our advantage and we make it to the final on Sunday. We lose to Vanderbilt in the title game and use that as motivation and win the CWS. So I think we go 3-1 in the tournament.

BayouDawg
05-24-2016, 05:30 PM
I'm gonna predict a rematch of us and A&M in the championship. And this time the dogs come out on top

smootness
05-24-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm going with a semis of Vandy, SC, State, and LSU, then Vandy and State in the championship game. I'll pick State to win, but I could see that going either way.

Saltydog
05-24-2016, 08:38 PM
tourney like this it gives them a huge edge. I think that combined with the fact that they didn't win the league may light a fire under their asses.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 08:44 PM
tourney like this it gives them a huge edge. I think that combined with the fact that they didn't win the league may light a fire under their asses.

I'm with you. I think Florida beats A&M to win it

blacklistedbully
05-24-2016, 09:19 PM
aTm over Vandy
SCar over UNM
MSU over Bama
UF over LSU

Vandy over UNM
LSU over Bama
aTm over SCar
MSU over UF

SCar over Vandy
UF over LSU

aTm over SCar
MSU over UF

MSU over aTm

smootness
05-24-2016, 09:58 PM
aTm over MSU (hate to say it, but think we don't have the pitching depth to handle aTm on the final day. We won't have Dak2, Sexton, or a fresh enough pen on Sunday)

Who will A&M have?

blacklistedbully
05-25-2016, 12:23 AM
Who will A&M have?

I considered that, but they have been more consistent at hitting top-to-bottom, so I think they have a better chance of hitting our guys than we have of hitting theirs. Plus, they did kick our ass 3-in-a-row. Hard to give us the advantage objectively.

If we had Dak going, I'd pick us. If we had Sexton I'd also pick us. But we won't, and I don't favor us in a hitting contest.

Again, really hope I'm wrong.

BB30
05-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Yea, if we draw A and M that will be a tough match up with a depleted staff. But, statistically speaking we really aren't that far behind them in most every offensive category. I think they have like 10 more HRs and there average is like 2 tenths of a point higher than ours. We have really turned it on offensively. A&M is very very good but they would have steam rolled anyone they played the weekend we caught them. We will have some young arms available that if they are on can compete with anyone in the league they are just young, have some great stuff though. Would be interesting to see them again.

smootness
05-25-2016, 09:11 AM
I considered that, but they have been more consistent at hitting top-to-bottom, so I think they have a better chance of hitting our guys than we have of hitting theirs. Plus, they did kick our ass 3-in-a-row. Hard to give us the advantage objectively.

If we had Dak going, I'd pick us. If we had Sexton I'd also pick us. But we won't, and I don't favor us in a hitting contest.

Again, really hope I'm wrong.

Our total team season slash line is .313/.394/.455. A&M's is .314/.391/.469. That's pretty darn similar, and I definitely don't think it's enough to say they have a clear advantage in any one game.

We both have just two guys in the lineup hitting under .300, and a lot of their advantage comes from the bench. We have 6 guys in our starting lineup with a SLG over .500, they have 4. We have 6 guys in our starting lineup with an OBP over .400, they have 2. I like the way we match up with them offensively.

5 guys in our lineup (Mangum, Lowe, Kruger, Collins, and Humphreys) have both an OBP over .400 and a SLG over .500. And that doesn't include Robson and Rooker. I actually like the consistency of our lineup more.

drunkernhelldawg
05-25-2016, 09:18 AM
I hope we'll win it but I think LSU will. It's amazing how tradition rears up and helps teams even though tradition is only the past.

blacklistedbully
05-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Our total team season slash line is .313/.394/.455. A&M's is .314/.391/.469. That's pretty darn similar, and I definitely don't think it's enough to say they have a clear advantage in any one game.

We both have just two guys in the lineup hitting under .300, and a lot of their advantage comes from the bench. We have 6 guys in our starting lineup with a SLG over .500, they have 4. We have 6 guys in our starting lineup with an OBP over .400, they have 2. I like the way we match up with them offensively.

5 guys in our lineup (Mangum, Lowe, Kruger, Collins, and Humphreys) have both an OBP over .400 and a SLG over .500. And that doesn't include Robson and Rooker. I actually like the consistency of our lineup more.

OK, you convinced me. I'm going to edit my post and predict is winning the whole thing over aTm.

It_Could_Happen
05-25-2016, 10:06 AM
We get to the semi's. I got LSU riding that rally possum to the title.

confucius say
05-25-2016, 10:13 AM
I think we lose to bama and are home before Saturday.

BayouDawg
05-25-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm gonna change my prediction to the Bearsharts winning it. It looks like every team is gonna commit 72 and a half errors against them. **** them

smootness
05-25-2016, 03:45 PM
SC starting the comeback...

BayouDawg
05-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Maybe they can get some of that possum magic. Surely the bears can't continue to get this lucky can they?