PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil/Miller/Freeze lawsuit and testimony

DawgPoundLazer
05-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Yeah, this doesn't sound good for Freezus. He better hope Tunsil pays up and settles with Lindsey Miller

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/05/23/hugh-freeze-laremy-tunsil-lawsuit-ole-miss

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2016, 02:02 PM
I don't see Tunsil's motivation for settling. What does he care about Ole Miss' program?

lefty96
05-24-2016, 02:04 PM
I don't see Tunsil's motivation for settling. What does he care about Ole Miss' program?

I would think he takes the option that is easiest for him regarding the university. No telling on stuff w/ the step-dad.

DawgPoundLazer
05-24-2016, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I don't either. Only incentive noted in the article was to avoid a distraction his rookie year, but that seems pretty weak.

AlmostPositive
05-24-2016, 02:06 PM
"Should it become publicly accessible, Freeze’s testimony would be admissible in the NCAA’s review of Ole Miss."

So it is very obvious why Freeze wants to avoid, limit, and/or have sealed any testimony he might give.

If the judge rules against him on that, he and Ole Miss will find themselves in a world of hurt.

Boodawg
05-24-2016, 02:16 PM
Lawyer: "Coach Freeze did you know Mr. Tunsil was hanging out with NFL agents that night?"
Freeze: "I'd have to say yes"

spiral
05-24-2016, 02:37 PM
If Feezus' lawyers can only come up with this: "For all Miller knows, Freeze could have spoken to Ms. Polingo or members of his coaching staff. Perhaps he reviewed the charges filed against Plaintiff by Defendant and Ms. Polingo. Freeze could have obtained information about the domestic dispute . . . from a variety of sources."
Riiiight. The head coach did not talk to his highest rated player after an arrest that made the news. Seems logical...

One deposition question should be: Did you take up for Laremy and claim he was defending his mama because he is illegally taking money from you or other representatives of your program and he can cost you a $5,000,000.00/year job if you don't agree with him?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-24-2016, 02:44 PM

I'd guess the hacker still has more material Tunsil doesn't want to get out...the question is, what's the hacker's motivation?

Martianlander
05-24-2016, 02:51 PM
If Feezus' lawyers can only come up with this: "For all Miller knows, Freeze could have spoken to Ms. Polingo or members of his coaching staff. Perhaps he reviewed the charges filed against Plaintiff by Defendant and Ms. Polingo. Freeze could have obtained information about the domestic dispute . . . from a variety of sources."
Riiiight. The head coach did not talk to his highest rated player after an arrest that made the news. Seems logical...

One deposition question should be: Did you take up for Laremy and claim he was defending his mama because he is illegally taking money from you or other representatives of your program and he can cost you a $5,000,000.00/year job if you don't agree with him?

Or perhaps Gabriel or an un-named angel told Freeze. He's got connections you know.****

YoungB
05-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Tunsil settles before anyone talks, and whether he pays or money is back channeled to him depends on how much it ends up being. I don't see any way Freeze testifies unless Miller is dead set on burning everything, and willing to risk the payout, which seems unlikely. People who make millions find a way to make things like this go away. All the talk is just about raising the price.

drunkernhelldawg
05-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Doesn't look like a super strong suit.

TrapGame
05-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Is it just me or does it sound like Step Softy thought he was going to be the "agent" through this whole process? When he realized that day that Freeze (and Laremy to an extent) had played him like a symphony letting him believe he was the "agent" just to get Tunsil to om, he just snapped. Freeze should have been smarter than that. He royally f*cked himself.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Tunsil settles before anyone talks, and whether he pays or money is back channeled to him depends on how much it ends up being. I don't see any way Freeze testifies unless Miller is dead set on burning everything, and willing to risk the payout, which seems unlikely. People who make millions find a way to make things like this go away. All the talk is just about raising the price.

That may happen but hasn't this supposed to have been settled when this 1st happened? OM boosters will give Miller a few dollars to go away & this will all be over. Well almost a year later Miller is still kicking & going strong.

confucius say
05-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Michael McCann taught me sports law. Dude knows his stuff. Was also on Maurice claretts legal team. Interesting that he believes the deposition will go forward and not be sealed, whereas the legal expert on bo bounds thinks the opposite bc it is in Lafayette county and he expects "home cooking," to use his words.

PassInterference
05-24-2016, 04:13 PM
That may happen but hasn't this supposed to have been settled when this 1st happened? OM boosters will give Miller a few dollars to go away & this will all be over. Well almost a year later Miller is still kicking & going strong.

Imagine the trust that boosters must have to continue working with Miller.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/browbeat/2014/04/23/cagelaugh.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

...or if Miller is absolutely certain in his case, he has no reason to settle.

fishwater99
05-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Michael McCann taught me sports law. Dude knows his stuff. Was also on Maurice claretts legal team. Interesting that he believes the deposition will go forward and not be sealed, whereas the legal expert on bo bounds thinks the opposite bc it is in Lafayette county and he expects "home cooking," to use his words.

Anyone know who the Judge is and his background?

AlmostPositive
05-24-2016, 04:15 PM
I would bet my paycheck that Ole Miss AD staff concocted the lie that Miler "shoved" Tunsil's mother and that Laremy beat him up to protect her.

For one thing, it is a clever position because a shove leaves no marks unlike many other kinds of assaults. And we know that Laremy doesn't do clever.

Also, if Tunsil were protecting his mother, why would he leave her alone with Miller at the house when he let with the agents?

Finally, Miller was much older, smaller and disabled... would any sane person attack the mother of someone he would be powerless to defend himself from? Un. Likely.

confucius say
05-24-2016, 04:26 PM
Anyone know who the Judge is and his background?

According to the article it is judge Luther. If so, he went to both state and Mississippi. Was a prosecutor before judge.

gravedigger
05-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Doesn't look like a super strong suit.

Agreed